2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 83 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
So are we involved with anyone else at this point?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
FSU or UConn is tough one for us to win.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Man, I'm starvin' for Marvin.
20.jpg

Reaction Score
Of all the recruits who were still open in the last 48 hours, Sheffield was the one I wanted. Surprised to see a schollie open up for him at FSU but not surprised he is viewed as having that level of talent.

Oh well. We're set at TB for this year, and we'll have to deal with the future after Newsome and the transfer Williams move on.

Reaction Score
Of all the recruits who were still open in the last 48 hours, Sheffield was the one I wanted. Surprised to see a schollie open up for him at FSU but not surprised he is viewed as having that level of talent.

Oh well. We're set at TB for this year, and we'll have to deal with the future after Newsome and the transfer Williams move on.
Fort Walton Beach

Looks like he got his dream school to offer at the last minute. Cant fault the kid for this one....and it looks like we got in late and were in it to the bitter end.

Reaction Score

A scholly didn't open up for him. If you watch the video that they posted, the MC said that he may be a PWO or a blue-shirt, where he walks on and pays for the first semester

Reaction Score
A scholly didn't open up for him. If you watch the video that they posted, the MC said that he may be a PWO or a blue-shirt, where he walks on and pays for the first semester
That's a confident kid to still go there over a full ride to UConn.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Silver lining on Sheffield - he got a schollie from FSU - really quite amazing. And for UConn, we don't need a RB in the near future with Newsome, Williams, Vickers and Hopkins...and Thompson.

That said, maybe we do call someone else after this turn of events.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Oh well. Good luck to the kid, would have loved to have him round out the class.
Florida State has 3 signed RBs already - one 5-star and two 4-Stars, besides a stacked roster of RBs. What are they going to do with this kid?

Oh well. Next man up (IOW, I don't wish any good for or ill vs the kid. It just is.). If what Coach J says holds any truth, Odds on Sheffield transferring before 2019? 5/1? 10/1?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

If you watch the video posted from his announcement ceremony, it sounds like he didn't even get a real offer from FSU. He is being strung along by FSU. He is hoping to get either a Grey Shirt (have to wait until next January) or even a Blue Shirt (have to pay for the first semester on his own...then MAY get a scholarship offer from FSU). Sounds like he had his heart set on FSU and they are taking advantage of that at FSU. Wishing him good luck, but I'm not too optimistic this will work out for him in the long run.

Reaction Score
So he accepted as a gray shirt. Meaning he won't be a scholarship player for the 2017 season, unless he pays tuition and walks on.

Very unfortunate for us. Hopefully, it works out for him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So there is hope - that things don't work out for him and FSU. :) I know, not nice.

Reaction Score
If you watch the video posted from his announcement ceremony, it sounds like he didn't even get a real offer from FSU. He is being strung along by FSU. He is hoping to get either a Grey Shirt (have to wait until next January) or even a Blue Shirt (have to pay for the first semester on his own...then MAY get a scholarship offer from FSU). Sounds like he had his set on FSU and they are stringing him along. Wishing him good luck, but I'm not too optimistic this will work out for him in the long run.
It was the kid's dream to go there it seems. Can't knock him for that. Disappointed for us, but we move on. Did Blackshear sign with Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Such a shame, loved his Hudl video. Reminded me a lot of Terry Caully. Would have been a great addition, maybe we grab him on the rebound a few years down the road once he sees the writing on the wall. I always wonder how many guys give up an opportunity to get more exposure at a place they can play to sign with a school for the temporary high that comes with it only to regret it later. Hope it works out for him, but the odds are high he hardly sees the field or the NFL in his future.

Reaction Score
So he accepted as a gray shirt. Meaning he won't be a scholarship player for the 2017 season, unless he pays tuition and walks on.

Very unfortunate for us. Hopefully, it works out for him.

Sometimes you have to take a chance in order to get what you want. His confidence was one of the traits that made us want him. I know he will do well as he appears to be a very hungry and driven individual

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
What is Abdoul Kouate's story... is there no announcement because he might be a PWO?

Reaction Score
Such a shame, loved his Hudl video. Reminded me a lot of Terry Caully. Would have been a great addition, maybe we grab him on the rebound a few years down the road once he sees the writing on the wall. I always wonder how many guys give up an opportunity to get more exposure at a place they can play to sign with a school for the temporary high that comes with it only to regret it later. Hope it works out for him, but the odds are high he hardly sees the field or the NFL in his future.
Wish him the best, of course it's hard to predict the future; since no other P6 schools came knocking on his door, not UCF, not USF, not Florida, hard to imagine he gets any playing time there in the next 5 years. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Just for reference, this is our highest rated class since 2013. BD never cracked the top 100 and this is also the highest we've been ranked in the American since PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom