2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 87 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Joe Parello ‏@HerewegoJoe 13m 13 minutes ago
UConn sent a coach to @SHRHS_Football to meet with Kevin Mensah (@OheneKM) today. Here's a quick recruiting update.

UConn Visits Kevin Mensah

>>The elder Edsall, who originally coached the Huskies from 1998 to 2010, and again became UConn's head coach last month, followed up with Mensah in late December to let him know UConn is still interested. The head coach and Mensah scheduled an official visit to Storrs for the weekend of January 28th, and the younger Edsall made the trip to Dudley to chat with Mensah today.

"Coach (Corey) Edsall said he just got the chance to watch my film today, and he said he loved it," Mensah said. "I'm really excited to get out to UConn."

Though the Huskies have yet to offer, Mensah said the new staff has been pursuing him hard, and that he had a scheduled phone call with new UConn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee coming up tonight. UConn joins Bryant, who has already offered, Michigan, who has offered Mensah an invited walk-on spot, and Elon University as the school's pursuing Mensah the hardest, though Boston College, New Hampshire, Wagner and a number of other schools are still involved.<<
Kevin Mensah ‏@OheneKM 2m 2 minutes ago
Great talk with Coach Edsall and Coach Lashlee from UConn today.

Reclassifying to 2018 @ St Thomas More. Moving him over to 2018.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Just when you think it's done... ;)

Mensah

Reaction Score
Hey huskymedic - Do you have anything on these potential 3 for this coming Fall:

APB/KR Darwin Thompson out of OK
LB Sterling Santana
LB Josh Amando

Reaction Score
Hey huskymedic - Do you have anything on these potential 3 for this coming Fall:

LB Sterling Santana
LB Josh Amando

Santana is a JUCO and on a visit today. Befuddled what year he may be all said and done (His info is in the summer camp visit thread).

Haven't seen anything on the others.

Reaction Score

LB Sterling Santana
LB Josh Amando

Santana is a JUCO and on a visit today. Befuddled what year he may be all said and done (His info is in the summer camp visit thread).

Haven't seen anything on the others.

It's Amanfo and looks like he would be a summer add if he indeed graduated:

Reaction Score
Long circuitous route here --- has a twin brother that plays.
Sterling Brothers Face an Uphill Battle

I want all our guys to make the League, but when I read a story like that I really pull for the player. Granted some of that is selfish because if he does what a great story the coaches have to sell to potential recruits.

Welcome to the Pound Mr Sterling! Pulling for ya!

Reaction Score

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Could have sworn I hit post on this a while back...

JUCO Football Frenzy‏ @JUCOFFrenzy 2h 2 hours ago
2017 (@GWCfootball ) JUCO DL @diazjamie91 Jamie Diaz was just offered by UConn

Jamie Diaz is a 6-2 280lb DT/DE from St Paul High School in Santa Fe Springs CA attending Golden West College in Huntington Beach, CA. Other offers from CMU, Houston, Idaho and New Mexico St. Diaz will have three years to play two starting this fall so technically another 2017 guy if he commits.
Highlights

Its not a coincidence to me that Cory Edsall joins our staff, and all of the sudden, we have a west coast recruiting presence.

For anyone who had previously criticized his hire, please take all of this evidence piling up that he wad a perfect addition and that you need to reexamine your life... ;)

Reaction Score
JUCO Amanfo to North Alabama. Not sure he was ever offered after visit last week.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
JUCO Amanfo to North Alabama. not sure he was ever offered after visit last week.

I thought he had a great tape. Must have been some issues there to not get a spot here.

Reaction Score
Could have sworn I hit post on this a while back...

Jamie Diaz is a 6-2 280lb DT/DE from St Paul High School in Santa Fe Springs CA attending Golden West College in Huntington Beach, CA. Other offers from CMU, Houston, Idaho and New Mexico St. Diaz will have three years to play two starting this fall so technically another 2017 guy if he commits.
Highlights

JuCo Football Forer‏ @JuCoFootballACE
Jamie Diaz @diazjamie91 @ Golden West JuCo @GWCfootball sets up @UConnFootball Official visit

Reaction Score
Jamie Diaz @diazjamie91 @ Golden West JuCo @GWCfootball sets up @UConnFootball Official visit

>>“I start my official visit this Monday to UConn,” Diaz told Storrs Central. “I’m looking to just see the campus and the environment of the school. I’m looking to see if it is the right fit for me. I know they are one of the best schools for my future major too, Physical Therapy. I want to study it because it’s something I’m just really interested in learning more about.”<<

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This would be a huge sign. Guy with some decent FBS offers and fills a huge need at interior line. After Foley, we're crazy thin there.

And yet another recruit from the west coast that we are trying to land. To those in the administration who believed that Corey Edsall was only added due to nepotism, I would like for them to see all the west coast action we now have that we didn't have before. I'm not even sure that Corey is responsible for contacting this one, but I'm guessing it's true based on all of the previous west coast offers...

Reaction Score
If Corey's gone after this year then hopefully Head Coach Edsall is already working on a back up plan to keep those West coast ties going...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

>>“I start my official visit this Monday to UConn,” Diaz told Storrs Central. “I’m looking to just see the campus and the environment of the school. I’m looking to see if it is the right fit for me. I know they are one of the best schools for my future major too, Physical Therapy. I want to study it because it’s something I’m just really interested in learning more about.”<<

any update on how this went?

Reaction Score

Highlights

any update on how this went?
Nothing other than he took a visit to ASU the other day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom