2017 Recruiting: Chris Efretuei (7'1'' C) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting: Chris Efretuei (7'1'' C)

Reaction Score
Can he rebound, not foul, and pass? Imo I don't want to handout schollies to any projects especially with the studs in '18. (How many open scholarships would we have next year with him if he committed?)
3 for 2017 and possibly as much as 6 for 2018 if im not mistaken(assuming jalen and terry leave)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
3 for 2017 and possibly as much as 6 for 2018 if im not mistaken(assuming jalen and terry leave)
Ok in that case maybe. Just don't want going after a project and wasting a scholarship

Reaction Score
don't we have four open right now? I count 9 scholarship players

FR Polley
FR Carlton
FR Gilbert
FR Diarra
SO Vital
JR Adams
JR Larrier
JR Cobb
SR Anderson

Reaction Score

FR Polley
FR Carlton
FR Gilbert
FR Diarra
SO Vital
JR Adams
JR Larrier
JR Cobb
SR Anderson
Yea we have four

Reaction Score

FR Polley
FR Carlton
FR Gilbert
FR Diarra
SO Vital
JR Adams
JR Larrier
JR Cobb
SR Anderson
Yeah 4 open, but the question was about if Efretuei committed

Reaction Score

FR Polley
FR Carlton
FR Gilbert
FR Diarra
SO Vital
JR Adams
JR Larrier
JR Cobb
SR Anderson

He was replying to this question.
"How many open scholarships would we have next year with him if he committed?"
He would take up 1 of the 4 current open scholarships, leaving 3 open for next year... if he commits.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What does this mean? about Anderson maybe no Scholarship for him?
David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 2h2 hours ago
#UConn has received signed financial aid agreement from Antwoine Anderson.

Same difference.

They're agreeing to give Anderson a basketball scholarship.

Just different than a letter of intent in that it is a promise by the school to provide a scholarship, but there is no obligation on the part of the student to actually show up and accept it.

The tall kid appears to be 2018.

Reaction Score
Come on guys, we all know if he comes here and is awful and there are kids who want to come in, the staff will just squeeze him out politely like is done with projects at most good basketball schools around the country

we need bigs!!!

Reaction Score
The only guys UConn will get for 2017 at this point are role players. They need front court depth so I'm all for this add.

Reaction Score
His twitter bio says 2017. Looks like he reclassed sometime in the past year.

Here's a fun read w/ some links: CLICKY!

"durable and protects the rim at a high level. He also sets great screens making it easy for guards to create switches or get off uncontested shots. He also slips and rolls really well in high screen situations. Lastly he also finishes at a high level and seldom fumbles the basketball in traffic."

Looks like he has West Virginia interest as well. Not sure the VerbalCommits list is 100% up to date.

Kid ran with Rens in the AAU circuit, so he's not an unknown.

But this isnt your preference at all right? If not mistaken you are all in on the grad transfers right? There have been better 2017's out there late.

I would have preferred Ondigo over this guy. Purdue was going after Ondigo pretty hard before his commit to Texas Tech. Then again Tech is landing some decent players late in 2017. None of them will start or play a ton of minutes either because of a solid returning nucleus at TT.

SMDH...lol

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
But this isnt your preference at all right? If not mistaken you are all in on the grad transfers right? There have been better 2017's out there late.
I'd like us to add a big man grad transfer and am concerned we haven't. I'd like to add another high-upside big like this kid or some other as well.

We have room for both now because of the defections.

Reaction Score
He looks to be coachable and have tremendous upside. You put him aside Mamoudou D and there's a lot of rebounds blocks shots and easy buckets. Sign him asap

I know a good penny stock selling at .oooo1 cents per share on the Pink Sheets. Interested in buying? Lol

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know a good penny stock selling at .oooo1 cents per share on the Pink Sheets. Interested in buying? Lol
Sounds like you've seen this kid play. Any insights.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He looks to be coachable and have tremendous upside. You put him aside Mamoudou D and there's a lot of rebounds blocks shots and easy buckets. Sign him asap
Agree, he attempts to keep his hands straight up on defense and keeps the ball up high when he gets an offensive rebound and seems to be making a deliberate attempt to avoid traveling...clearly seems to be listening to his coaches, a very good sign!

Reactions: pj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom