2017 Mets Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2017 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
We need to start selling.

Who do we sell that is worth selling?
Who is semi healthy and worth something?

Reyes? Duda? Granderson? Reed? Gselman? I haven't even looked at the contracts of those guys. But I don't know who we'd give up on at this point who's still young with potential. Wheeler? Conforto? Ugh. Not even Memorial Day.

Reaction Score
I'm good with trading pretty much any veteran that is on an expiring contract and retooling for next year. I don't think anyone would take Grandy, but Bruce, Walker, and Duda should fetch something. I'd also trade Cabrera but I don't know if they'd get anything of value for him. I'm on the fence with trading Reed as the Familia injury makes him more likely to be back next year. Trading a few vets by the trade deadline allow you to see what you have with Rosario and Smith. If they prove to be at a minimum solid players, it really opens up the payroll for the next few years.

Reaction Score
Of course I said that near the trade deadline last year and they made the playoffs so what do I know? Also, if Harvey goes on any type of decent run the next 2 months I'd flip him for the best offer available.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Who do we sell that is worth selling?
Who is semi healthy and worth something?

Reyes? Duda? Granderson? Reed? Gselman? I haven't even looked at the contracts of those guys. But I don't know who we'd give up on at this point who's still young with potential. Wheeler? Conforto? Ugh. Not even Memorial Day.

I'm good with trading pretty much any veteran that is on an expiring contract and retooling for next year. I don't think anyone would take Grandy, but Bruce, Walker, and Duda should fetch something. I'd also trade Cabrera but I don't know if they'd get anything of value for him. I'm on the fence with trading Reed as the Familia injury makes him more likely to be back next year. Trading a few vets by the trade deadline allow you to see what you have with Rosario and Smith. If they prove to be at a minimum solid players, it really opens up the payroll for the next few years.
I would consider trading anyone except Thor, Jake and Conforto. Familia is obviously out of the question with his surgery, too.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Rock Bottom, a 1/4 of the season in.
This is a bad team with bad mojo.
No stopper, so 2-3 game skids become 7. Done

Alum86

Reaction Score
Anyone else follow Frank the Tank and vlogs on Barstool Sports? I don't know why, but he makes me feel better about myself.

Tank’s Vlog May 17, 2017
Is he the guy with the Oscar Gamble avatar here? The you tube guy looks like he is waiting for his mom to yell down the stairs for him to take out the trash.
"Gsellman? He Guhsucks "was pretty funny.
Yeah, I feel better about me after watching that

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As a Pirates fan, last night's game was eminently enjoyable after the 5th inning.

We think our bullpen is bad. Yours is atrocious.

Alum86

Reaction Score
It has been cool and damp and Grandy a slow starter until warm weather but geeeez. Granderson meets Mendoza = Grandoza.

D'Arnaud just flat out sucks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As a Pirates fan, last night's game was eminently enjoyable after the 5th inning.

We think our bullpen is bad. Yours is atrocious.
Ours is irrelevant, like our team this season.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Gselman has righted his ship and Yo back. DeGrom needs a ticket out of ShitTheBedsville now...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes! Been dying to break this baby out again:

Ch9BsyyWEAEFaK9.jpg

Reaction Score
Geez Cespedes is a total joke

.265, 9 HRs, 19 RBI, terrible defense

Good luck paying this dude $28M for 3 more years

Reaction Score
Geez Cespedes is a total joke

.265, 9 HRs, 19 RBI, terrible defense

Good luck paying this dude $28M for 3 more years

This team has issues a lot worse than Cespedes and what he's being paid.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Limping into the break. Season is done. Next year a lot of these clowns are off books. Can we please get a catcher?

Reaction Score
I hate this team...starting out strong, gaining ground on the 2nd WC spot and also having some big pieces starting to come back from injuries. They better go like 8-2 or 3-7 over their next 10 because I hate the false hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom