2017 Mets Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Mets Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
fml

It's way too early for me to give up watching baseball for the season.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yeah, thank goodness we let Colon walk.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gutsy move by Terry pulling Familia for Edgin, but exactly what I would have done.

Mrs. 8893 has impeccable timing. She entered the man cave last night to chat about somethingorother during the bottom of the ninth when the bases were loaded and Familia was pitching to Turner with no outs. I tell her I can't talk and she proceeds to pretend to watch the game and ask questions, despite being totally clueless about baseball and having zero interest. When they mention that there are two relievers up and throwing in our pen I say--to no one in particular, but it's how I watch the game, even alone--that I hope Terry pulls Familia after Turner, and she then pesters me about why I am not giving this poor man (Familia) a chance. I realize that I can throw a turd in the punch bowl by telling her about the domestic abuse suspension, whereupon she would instantly wish death on him, but I don't want to take on the added drama that would entail, so I say that he's just back from a layoff, he's not himself yet, the best player in baseball is coming to the plate and you've got to play the numbers if you've got another good option. I couldn't believe it when Terry actually did it.

Reaction Score
Just when I'm ready to sell off every veteran, they pull me back in.

Reaction Score
So, they go to Washington and take 2 of 3.

And may lose Thor....and give up 23 runs in the finale.

Why do I follow the Mets and Jets?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So, they go to Washington and take 2 of 3.

And may lose Thor....and give up 23 runs in the finale.

Why do I follow the Mets and Jets?
Speaking of those Jets...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sandy is talking about potentially hitting the market for some arms. I know it's still early, and as much as I hate to waste another season, I think I'd rather that they start selling and planning for the future. With no third baseman, Cespedes hurt again and Thor and Matz out for the indefinite future, I don't see us competing for the division. See if Harvey can string together a few good starts and try to get value and fill our many glaring needs in return for him. See if there are takers for Bruce, Duda, Grandy, Reyes, pretty much anyone except Thor, Jake, Familia or Conforto imo.

Reaction Score
Sandy is talking about potentially hitting the market for some arms. I know it's still early, and as much as I hate to waste another season, I think I'd rather that they start selling and planning for the future. With no third baseman, Cespedes hurt again and Thor and Matz out for the indefinite future, I don't see us competing for the division. See if Harvey can string together a few good starts and try to get value and fill our many glaring needs in return for him. See if there are takers for Bruce, Duda, Grandy, Reyes, pretty much anyone except Thor, Jake, Familia or Conforto imo.

This reminds me too much of the Pulsipher, Wilson, Isringhausen era where they all just couldn't stay on the field at the same time. There's no way that deGrom, Harvey and the pu pu platter of anything else is going to climb past the Nats.

Alum86

Reaction Score
They thought Bartolo was not needed. Never have enough pitching. Stupid moves like that and their sick love affair with d'Arnaud are head scratchers
A month later. Spot on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A month later. Spot on.
Love me some Big Sexy, but he looked pretty spent last night. I was glad to see us jump on him.

Reaction Score
Love me some Big Sexy, but he looked pretty spent last night. I was glad to see us jump on him.

I'd still be happy if I woke up tomorrow and saw Sexy and Juan Uribe in the dugout.

Reaction Score
A month later. Spot on.

Have you looked at his numbers this year? Is it the 1.42 Whip or 6.27 ERA that would justify the 13M or so he got?

The Mets go through this every year. Injuries and poor performance hit at the same time...then all of sudden they go on a run. Matz and Lugo are making their way back and the 1/2 of their starting lineup with negative Wars are showing signs of life and/or being benched. Catching the Nats might not be an option, but the WC is easily attainable.

Reaction Score
Another classic Collins move, 3 days of Familia in a row.. Ugh

Reaction Score
Never really been a Familia fan, I'm fine with Addison Reed closing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Never really been a Familia fan, I'm fine with Addison Reed closing.
It's amazing how much a few brutal blown saves or losses can overshadow the fact that he is still one of the best in the game. Reed is no slouch, but this is a huge loss and strain on our pen.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No idea what the actual stats say, but gotta think that we started the season with one of the top pitching staffs in baseball--if not the best--and that we now have one of the worst, if not the worst.

Reaction Score
Saw the stat earlier tonight on the broadcast that our starters have a 5.10 ERA or so, 2nd worst in the NL.... how is that even possible? This is like a horrible punishment of some sort

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dear God. Can't believe it's only May and they are already killing me.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Yesterday was brutal. Reed channeling his inner Benitez.
And the Grandyman, notiriously slow starter, OMG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom