2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: UConn's Randy Edsall Sorting Through Roster As Practice Continues

He added, "The young guys? They're inconsistent right now, but I do like them. It's our job just to get them to understand that we're going to hold them accountable. Too many of these kids are enabled or entitled. Everybody wants to tell them what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear. That ain't happening in this program. Once we get them to understand that, they have a chance to be really good. They want to do that, but sometimes it just takes a little bit to get them to understand that you've got to go hard all the time."

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

One article says UConn played a 3-4 last season and that Carrezola is moving from linebacker to defensive end.

The other says UConn played a 4-3 and the he's moving from defensive end to outside linebacker.

It doesn't really matter what last year's defense was, because we're all gonna love the 3-3-5 this fall. Luke Carrezola can be a hybrid-whatever-he-wants-to-call-it, as long as he's wrecking havoc in the backfield!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony from last night: UConn Football's Defense Looks Different, Starting With Luke Carrezola

JI look @ Luke as well: UConn football's Luke Carrezola has new look, ready for new role under Crocker

Also buried in the JI story:

>>Offensive lineman Nino Leone, a 6-foot-6, 345-pound redshirt freshman from South Hamilton, Mass., was one of the players who seemed to shine in a very physical, 1-on-1 drill during Tuesday’s practice. <<

I remember seeing Nino's recruiting picture and thinking that he looked like a weight lifter had eaten another weight lifter earlier in the day. 6-6, 345? Are you kidding me? I'm hoping to see some pancakes in my near future... ;)

Reaction Score
Medic: I know he's young and I'm not (age wise anyway), but can anyone be 100% recovered in 6 moths after what he said happened to his knee? Doesn't it depend somewhat on which part of the meniscus he tore? I tore mine a few years ago and was told by my orthopedic surgeon that only certain parts of the meniscus can regrow and others cannot. Unfortunately, mine was on the inside and won't regrow, but I still have enough strength in my knee it to kick some a-s when I have to.

I have had 2 meniscus tear surgeries and I have not experienced your outcomes. I thought it was was fairly easy after a few days.

Reaction Score
Medic: I know he's young and I'm not (age wise anyway), but can anyone be 100% recovered in 6 moths after what he said happened to his knee? Doesn't it depend somewhat on which part of the meniscus he tore? I tore mine a few years ago and was told by my orthopedic surgeon that only certain parts of the meniscus can regrow and others cannot. Unfortunately, mine was on the inside and won't regrow, but I still have enough strength in my knee it to kick some a-s when I have to.
On the surface based on the limited info (not knowing exact location/extent) and assuming a simple meniscus tear w/ no ligament issues to clean-up (meniscectomy) - I would say 4- 6 weeks max for an elite athletes w/ dedicated rehab staff involved w/o complications. Heck 6 months he might be stronger than he was before.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember seeing Nino's recruiting picture and thinking that he looked like a weight lifter had eaten another weight lifter earlier in the day. 6-6, 345? Are you kidding me? I'm hoping to see some pancakes in my near future... ;)

Looked like a diamond in the rough but not sure about the step-up in competition. Could be one of those under-the-radar guys who becomes a great run-blocker.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looked like a diamond in the rough but not sure about the step-up in competition. Could be one of those under-the-radar guys who becomes a great run-blocker.

Yeah, the level of football Nino played in HS looked awfully low making it difficult to judge him beyond the potential of his frame. It would be fantastic if makes himself a contributor this year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
LMAO (not really funny from a football perspective but...) > "Pass Pro drills - the first day was baaad... I mean it was baaad, bad as I've seen".

Looking forward to David Williams coming in to compete - ouch.

"There's Arkeel and then (pause)... the other guys"

So it won't be a surprise if we see Randy pull in an RB transfer - someone more than Williams.

Reaction Score
Neither Arkeel or Ron Johnson were particularly adept at pass blocking. Compounded the pass protection problem we had and contributed to Shireffs running after the first read.
Newsome got better as the year went on, but Johnson was terrible. He whiffed almost every time

Reaction Score
Arkeel was hit and miss. He was serviceable on most plays with some bad misses in there.

Reaction Score
I have had 2 meniscus tear surgeries and I have not experienced your outcomes. I thought it was was fairly easy after a few days.

I jinxed myself, it's 2 days later and I may have added a 3rd.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Partially true.

One of his year's, I believe his soph season, he lost a ton of snaps to Dixon because Dixon could pick up blitzes better.
That was his "Hollywood" year. His head got a little big after a solid freshman season.

Reaction Score

Believe it depends if they repair it or remove it, but either way the recovery time is a lot less than 6 months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom