2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Is Boyle graduating this year?

He would be a true Sr. next year but with taking classes over the summer/winter I would imagine he would be able to graduate. Even so if he moves down to FCS he doesnt have to sit out a year

Reaction Score
Its a good thing we have strong QB's recruited. Noticed Boyle is following EKU and Towson coaches on twitter
If he isn't here, one less person we have to cringe about running onto the field.

Reaction Score

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Shame on you. Keep your cringes to yourself. Boyle stayed thru all the attrition of coaches and he deserves Togo where he can get a chance.

I get both sides. I think everyone can admit that watching Boyle come onto the field is pretty painful--that doesn't mean he's a bad kid or doesn't deserve an opportunity to succeed, I think it just means that it's clear that UConn isn't a place or level of football where he can succeed. No one's knocking him personally, and they are just kids at the end of the day, but when you're a die hard fan sometimes it's easy to lose perspective--I know I've done that on multiple occasions regarding Boyle

Reaction Score
On Boyle: in a perfect world:
1. He would have been redshirted his freshman year
2. He would have played behind an o-line that could pass protect competently
3. He wouldn't have to endure the musical chairs in the coaching department

While he may not be the second coming of Dan O., I wonder what his development would have been like in a stable environment.

Reaction Score
DOsports 9:58am via TweetDeck
Syracuse football recruiting: Defensive end Brandon Ginnetti decommits from 2016 class, @pschweds reports

Ginnetti is 6-2, 255lb DE/TE from East Haven who went to Hamden Hall (didn't play senior year due to foot injury) then did a PG year @ Cheshire Academy. He committed to Cuse in mid-2014 and didn't hold an offer from UConn that I'm aware of. He was a lights out RHP as well.

Reaction Score
Syracuse football recruiting: Defensive end Brandon Ginnetti decommits from 2016 class, @pschweds reports

Ginnetti is 6-2, 255lb DE/TE from East Haven who went to Hamden Hall (didn't play senior year due to foot injury) then did a PG year @ Cheshire Academy. He committed to Cuse in mid-2014 and didn't hold an offer from UConn that I'm aware of. He was a lights out RHP as well.
Medic it would be interesting to see if he decided not to go to Cuse after coaching change...or if they pulled his offer...

Reaction Score
No offense, but I sure hope we pull some surprises.. get a 3 or 4 star out of nowhere.. I know Brandon Ginnetti is a CT kid and all, but we gotta at least cross all our T's and dot all our I's at this late stage of recruiting for 2016...

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Visiting on the 22nd.

Reaction Score
No offense, but I sure hope we pull some surprises.. get a 3 or 4 star out of nowhere.. I know Brandon Ginnetti is a CT kid and all, but we gotta at least cross all our T's and dot all our I's at this late stage of recruiting for 2016...

Not sure I understand your point?

Reaction Score
Shame on you. Keep your cringes to yourself. Boyle stayed thru all the attrition of coaches and he deserves Togo where he can get a chance.
I'm not saying he's a bad person or he sucks. Yes he has been through alot in his time here, but he doesn't have what it takes to lead this team from the QB position. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand your point?
Without being overly brutally honest I was merely implying that we should make sure we don't rest our laurels on the kid that backed out of the SU commit just because he's in CT, not at this late stage of recruiting for this year...

Reaction Score

Visiting on the 22nd.

Of course he is... Addazzio has a good relationship w/ Dykeman. I'm sure with all that P5 level talent flowing through Cheshire Academy the next few years, this is a smart move on SA's part to continue to keep the relationship strong and provide a local option for the kid.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I like this kid... He hits the wholes pretty good.. doesn't dance around, follows his blocks and he's at the 2nd level quickly...if he commits, it'd be nice to have serious depth at the RB spot again.. 6 scholly RBs make a lot more sense than 4

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I like this kid... He hits the wholes pretty good.. doesn't dance around, follows his blocks and he's at the 2nd level quickly...if he commits, it'd be nice to have serious depth at the RB spot again.. 6 scholly RBs make a lot more sense than 4

Looks pretty awesome to me. Everyone on the field looks so slow around him. Great balance and a true second gear to beat players to the edge or burst through the hole. This kid could surprise people.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Any other D1 offers? I'm really liking our RB situation moving forward with Vickers/Hopkins and potentially Curry along with Newsome, Johnson and Marriner. Bright days ahead for our program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom