2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wonder why Lucas Niang hasn't pulled the trigger

Reaction Score
Dude followed pondexter, reardon, director of player personnel Jamar summers, Noel Thomas, UConn football, and a few other UConn accounts. Also followed new rutgers coach Ash and their director of recruiting. So would say most likely UConn and maybe looking at what happens at Rutgers too?
Jamar Summers also posted a picture of Tre Bell on instgram. AND Bell's following every UConn football player on his instgram account. It's a lock he's coming here

Reaction Score
If he's not a GS, and will have 2 years of eligibility left after sitting out next year, that is, obviously, an entirely different kettle of fish.

If he is not a GS he will only have one year of eligibility after sitting out next year. He red shirted as a freshman in 2013.

Reaction Score
3_AC_ 8:34pm via Twitter for Android
I'm very honored and extremely blessed to receive my 16th offer from #UConn
#Huskies #BleedBlue

EliteJrClassic 8:29pm via Twitter for iPhone
Allen Cater (@3_AC_) of Mt. Paran has been grinding hard this offseason and the offers keep coming! UConn now! @RecruitGeorgia

Allen Cater is a 6-5 240lb DE/TE from Mt Paran Christian School in Kennesaw GA. Other offers from Cincy, Indiana, Memphis, FIU, Alcorn St, AppSt, Charlotte, GaSo, GaST, Kennesaw St, MTS, So. Bama and WKU.

Allen Cater to Indiana.

Decommitted from Indiana last night - list adjusted.

JPPriceDec 18, 10:22pm via dlvr.it
At Hoosier Scoop: 3-star DE Allen Cater decommits from IU #iufb
http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2015/12...u-iufb/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Reaction Score
RIP Bra WhiteLite @ayeeepee · 13h 13 hours ago
Offered by UConn#GoHuskies#BleedBlue

Parnell Motley. 6'1" 180 lbs WR/CB from Washington D.C. Attends Woodson High School. Has offers from Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Virginia, Clemson, Miami, etc.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3295328/parnell-motley

Parnell Motley committed to Maryland yesterday.

RivalsFriedman8:01pm via Twitter Web Client
BREAKING: DB Parnell Motley has decommitted from #Maryland #Terps

Longshot but list adjusted in mean time.

Reaction Score
I want to thank you Huskymedic for all the work you do to keep us updated on Football Recruiting. I always look forward to your updates and sometimes take for granted the work you do. I know your post to like ratio is fine, but I suggest at least one of us hits you with a like each time you post updated list. Also thanks to all others that contribute. This a great part of The Boneyard. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
I want to thank you Huskymedic for all the work you do to keep us updated on Football Recruiting. I always look forward to your updates and sometimes take for granted the work you do. I know your post to like ratio is fine, but I suggest at least one of us hits you with a like each time you post updated list. Also thanks to all others that contribute. This a great part of The Boneyard. GO HUSKIES

Thanks - it's my "hobby" and mom raised a good sharer.

Reaction Score
KJ Gray didn't seem like a solid verbal for BC initially. if you checked out his twitter account around the time he committed. wonder if we're still in on him... He goes to St Peter's Prep in NJ, a school known to produce talent.. So, I hope we finally get a commit from there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When is the next quite period?

I could see us holding off on Coleman because he was plan B to someone like Gray as plan A. I'd prefer to take only one more WR at this point given our other needs.

Reaction Score
ktuck911 said:
KJ Gray didn't seem like a solid verbal for BC initially. if you checked out his twitter account around the time he committed. wonder if we're still in on him... He goes to St Peter's Prep in NJ, a school known to produce talent.. So, I hope we finally get a commit from there.

Tre' Bell, the potential DB transfer, went to SPP also.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Link for Phil's post above:

https://twitter.com/_coyleera01

EDIT: Don't see this young man on Medic's offer list. Preferred WO?

It's possible--he doesn't have an offer listed on rivals or 247, but they're off usually. I doubt he'd walk on though with a scholly offer to Temple; wouldn't seem to make much sense. Anyways, looks like we've got a bunch of skill players and a shot at another with KJ Gray backing out at BC

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Link for Phil's post above:

https://twitter.com/_coyleera01

EDIT: Don't see this young man on Medic's offer list. Preferred WO?

Doubt he's a PWO... IIFRC Coyle killed it in a few Summer camps around the region and was being looked at pretty hard by various FBS schools. At that point in time, I thought he'd be a kid that we'd obviously offer.. Keep kids like that home ... Now we gotta get some of those linemen from Windsor as well. Those kids seem to always translate to the NFL...
Oh, and btw, nice to finally see us get a commit during the 'dead period' and hear about it during the dead period.. unchartered waters for us, no? The only dead period stuff we've heard about in the past is maybe a juco coming our way or a transfer

Reaction Score
Oh, and btw, nice to finally see us get a commit during the 'dead period' and hear about it during the dead period.. unchartered waters for us, no? The only dead period stuff we've heard about in the past is maybe a juco coming our way or a transfer

I think you are over-thinking the "dead period" - dead period just means no face-to-face meetings and can't watch games or visit high school. They can still call/write/text/email during a dead period.

Reaction Score
I think you are over-thinking the "dead period" - dead period just means no face-to-face meetings and can't watch games or visit high school. They can still call/write/text/email during a dead period.
I get what you mean, but as far as us fans are concerned, as far as us getting info on verbal commits around this time, and really any updates, it just hadn't happened much if at all... It's just nice to hear something like this as a fan... It's giving us more of UCONN football even during times that were normally 'quiet'... which makes the entire experience better...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Doubt he's a PWO... IIFRC Coyle killed it in a few Summer camps around the region and was being looked at pretty hard by various FBS schools. At that point in time, I thought he'd be a kid that we'd obviously offer.. Keep kids like that home ... Now we gotta get some of those linemen from Windsor as well. Those kids seem to always translate to the NFL...
What position is he best suited for? I watched the highlight video, he is a gazelle like runner with leaping ability, but didn't see a lot of cuts and route running or tackling on defense. Good looking athlete though for sure.

Reaction Score
What position is he best suited for? I watched the highlight video, he is a gazelle like runner with leaping ability, but didn't see a lot of cuts and route running or tackling on defense. Good looking athlete though for sure.

My educated guess is he's being recruited as a defensive back. He would be #4? for this class (Dixon, Hahn, Herring and Coyle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom