2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/140305/tre-bell

Might not help much, but he did hold an offer from UConn when he was a HS-SR. At least there is some connection between him and UConn. Also, Tre' has recently been following some of the players and basketball teams from what I've seen (Noel Thomas to name one). And I wouldn't mind if he had to sit out a year. a Former 4* recruit is great, just like when EJ Levenberry transferred here and will be on the 2-deep for us in 2016.

Reaction Score
What's with the secrecy of withholding the kid's name? Just wondering.. it started out with 'clues' like 'from Vanderbilt'??? what was that all about? Are we not allowed to discuss a potential kid like Tre' Bell transferring here?

Regardless, it's music to my ears that a SEC level kid would come here and would help solidify our team.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/140305/tre-bell

Might not help much, but he did hold an offer from UConn when he was a HS-SR. At least there is some connection between him and UConn. Also, Tre' has recently been following some of the players and basketball teams from what I've seen (Noel Thomas to name one). And I wouldn't mind if he had to sit out a year. a Former 4* recruit is great, just like when EJ Levenberry transferred here and will be on the 2-deep for us in 2016.
Dwayne Difton was a 4* as well. Rarely do I post in the negative, but lets not forget!

Reaction Score
I can't imagine anything we need less than a grad student corner coming in. Just sayin.

He graduated high school in 2013, so he has two years at least (assuming no redshirt year). For what its worth, he originally committed to Florida before switching to Vandy when Franklin was still there. Had other offers from MD, Mich, Nebraska, ND, Ole Miss, USCe, WVU, Wisc, amongst others.

Reaction Score
Do we know if he had experience as a return guy also? Because I can't think of position where we need more help.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Currently a RS sophomore so he'd have to sit out the year and then play. Him and Jamar Summers would look nice beside one another in 2017 :)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That's great. If it happens, HCBD is bringing in some solid transfers between Bell, Levenberry and Billy Williams

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Also, kinda random but was just watching Billy Williams' tape and he could be a huge, huge asset for our offense next year. He lined up in the slot and even wide plenty and is an incredible pass catcher. If we played out 2 TE set with Bloom and Myers and then stuck Williams out in the slot we could make huge improvements on our edge rushing while not having to give anything up in the passing game. Having three TEs out there blocking is something we could really use right about now.

Reaction Score
If he graduates over the summer does he have 2 years of eligibility without having to sit out a year.

Reaction Score
the UCONN scout website has us offering Juco WR Devin Elliot (or Elliott)
http://www.scout.com/player/193563-devin-elliot?year=2015&s=342

247sports also reporting WR Elliott (or Elliot) with a UCONN offer as well.

JUCO Football Frenzy ‏@JUCOFFrenzy Dec 14
2016 (Jones County JC) JUCO WR @7Devin_Era was offered by UConn & Rice

Devin Elliott is a 6-2 195lb WR playing junior college football @ Jones County Junior College in Ellisville Mississippi. Besides the reported offer from UConn, the other offers on sites are from Rice, Indiana State, North Texas, Toledo, UTEP and WKU.

Kind of a strange odyssey - Graduated from Okolona High School in Okolona MS in 2013 w/ RIVALS reporting offers then from Southern Miss and Yale (that's what it said). He then went to Atlanta Sports Academy in 2014 per 247 w/ another list of offers but they say he graduated from Tupelo High School in MS (25 miles away from Okolona)

Not sure what to make of it... but since multiple sites are reporting an offer. I'll add him to the list. Can always be wiped if verifiable info to contrary is found.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would bet he leaves Vandy and UConn looks like he landing spot. No inside info just a hunch

Reaction Score
He graduated high school in 2013, so he has two years at least (assuming no redshirt year). For what its worth, he originally committed to Florida before switching to Vandy when Franklin was still there. Had other offers from MD, Mich, Nebraska, ND, Ole Miss, USCe, WVU, Wisc, amongst others.

If he's not a GS, and will have 2 years of eligibility left after sitting out next year, that is, obviously, an entirely different kettle of fish.

Reaction Score
hey huskymedic.. looks like your suspicions were right about Devin Elliot (Elliott?) I read a twitter update this morning that indicated we haven't offered him..

Reaction Score
Charles Baldwin committed to Bama today.

... and signed his NLI yesterday. Don't know what's in the water in Windsor :) - they just keep pushing out talented kids.

Chris Boden ‏@CoachChrisBoden Dec 16
Congrats to Charles Baldwin on signing with Alabama @Coach_JFletcher @ASA_AVENGER_FB @asacollege @coachValencia74
04.jpg

Reaction Score
uconnbill said:
I would bet he leaves Vandy and UConn looks like he landing spot. No inside info just a hunch

Dude followed pondexter, reardon, director of player personnel Jamar summers, Noel Thomas, UConn football, and a few other UConn accounts. Also followed new rutgers coach Ash and their director of recruiting. So would say most likely UConn and maybe looking at what happens at Rutgers too?

Reaction Score
Coulda sworn we slso had an offer out to OL Eddie Fish from MA. At any rate, he committed to BC yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom