2016 Recruiting Thread | Page 43 | The Boneyard

2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Newsome gonna be a Junior
Johnson gonna be a Junior
Marriner gonna be a RS Junior

Never know but after that we have the kid Thompson from Shelton (RS So) and Taj Anthony Wilson (who'll be a Soph). Thinking this is building future depth.
Yup. Depth over a couple of backup walkons. Seriously, we need more scholly depth here

Reaction Score
So, with an influx of rbs, any speculation if any incumbents with eligibility left transfer out for playing time? It's happened to UCONN in the past.
Hope not, or else we'll need to bring on maybe one more

Reaction Score
I found this quote at the end of Des's article interesting... " UConn had nine recruits visit over the weekend, and, who were in attendance at the Awards Show Friday night on campus. Four were committed somewhere else, three were Power 5 conference commits."

Huh. I thought it was typical Des baloney confusing offers for commits...we shall see how this shakes out.

OK, and agreed we will see how it shakes out. I hope he truly meant commits.

My read is they had 9 kids in. 4 of the 9 had offers from other schools - 3 of them P5 (and we know that 1 flipped - AJ Garson who would not be one of the 3 P5). With all the coaching changes in our recruiting footprint that just occured - isn't surprising at all. Now the challenge is to sniff out who the other three are ;)

Reaction Score
3-star former Rutgers safety commit Phil Campbell flips to Pitt
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...fety_commit_phil_campbell_flips_from_rut.html

>>A member of the NJ.com Top 50, Campbell was offered by Rutgers at unofficial visitors weekend. He also holds offers from Boston College, Syracuse, West Virginia, Connecticut and Temple.

Campbell is the sixth player to decommit from Rutgers' recruiting class of 2016 following Nassau (Garden City, N.Y.) offensive tackle Malcolm Pridgeon and Venice (Fla.) defensive tackle Jarrod Hewitt, as well as Poly Prep (Brooklyn, N.Y.) linebacker Elias Reynolds, West Catholic (Philadelphia, Pa.) defensive tackle Tymir Oliver and Grand Street (Brooklyn, N.Y.) wide receiver Ahmed Bah, who flipped their pledges following Flood's firing.<<

Last edited:

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
My read is they had 9 kids in. 4 of the 9 had offers from other schools - 3 of them P5 (and we know that 1 flipped - AJ Garson who would not be one of the 3 P5). With all the coaching changes in our recruiting footprint that just occured - isn't surprising at all. Now the challenge is to sniff out who the other three are ;)

I think I figured one out. Syracuse OL commit Cam DeGeorge. He just started following all the new commits on Twitter as well as Kevin Murphy. Couple of articles say he has had a UConn offer since earlier this year.

Reaction Score
I think I figured one out. Syracuse OL commit Cam DeGeorge. He just started following all the new commits on Twitter as well as Kevin Murphy. Couple of articles say he has had a UConn offer since earlier this year.
You're good... I looked at some of the current commits twitter follows along with some of the coaches follows.. picked up on a few of the kids that ended up as commits. Lonsdorf was there for a while.. glad he's aboard. Notice a bunch of linemen out there being followed.. hope we get 2 more....

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Something else to add... DeGeorge removed the "Syracuse Football Commit" from his Twitter bio. There may be some movement there.

Reaction Score
Something else to add... DeGeorge removed the "Syracuse Football Commit" from his Twitter bio. There may be some movement there.

One of their other 2016 OL Recruits decommited as well (Noel Brouse).

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One of their other 2016 OL Recruits decommited as well (Noel Brouse).
It would be absolutely fantastic to get Cam DeGeorge. He looks fleet of foot for OL man which is an asset.

And I'll take Brouse too (haven't managed to watch his video yet)!

So who's converting to center of this bunch? Need more behind Oak and Crozier. A rash of injuries can happen at anytime.

Reaction Score

Brouse did not have a UConn offer has far as I know (but heck, the DeGeorge offer was under the radar too until Dynasty sniffed it out -- only see that one on an old Rival profile).

Reaction Score
It would be absolutely fantastic to get Cam DeGeorge. He looks fleet of foot for OL man which is an asset.

So who's converting to center of this bunch? Need more behind Oak and Crozier. A rash of injuries can happen at anytime.

Dez is tweeting that Cam is committing. Haven't seen any puppy trails to back that up.

Reaction Score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConnblog just tweeted it too.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Here's hoping you're right about Brouse as well!

I didn't mention anything about Brouse. That was Medic. I never heard of the guy before today.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Love that UConn has 3 O-linemen in this class, but not a whole lot can be gleaned from DeGeorge's Hudl tape for me. He is blocking 140 lb. defensive backs, for whom it is fairly obvious that football is not in their future. On the other hand, he held a scholarship (and presumably other offers) from D-1 level schools.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Love that UConn has 3 O-linemen in this class, but not a whole lot can be gleaned from DeGeorge's Hudl tape for me. He is blocking 140 lb. defensive backs, for whom it is fairly obvious that football is not in their future. On the other hand, he held a scholarship (and presumably other offers) from D-1 level schools.

He seemed quick out of the snap - with some decent foot speed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He seemed quick out of the snap - with some decent foot speed.

And part II of my thought on this is that it seems our current O-Line struggles off the snap to engage the opposing player and in doing so, starts from a losing position where the defender has better leverage or worse yet the block is already beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom