2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Any word on Donovan Mitchell? Or are we out with him because of Adams?

Reaction Score
@JeffRabjohns: Boo Williams forward Chris Clarke is so much fun to watch play. Goes hard all the time, makes plays, versatile, defends.

Reaction Score
@BallasTV: Kevin Ollie just walked in and Jalen adams is killing once again

Reaction Score
@Rob_Harrington: Watching Justin Simon defend Jalen Adams offers a glimpse of his NBA future. Adams still getting the better of it tho. #super64

@coreyevans_10: Jalen Adams getting the cup at will. Such a good downhill scorer in traffic. Great guy for Ollie and crew for what they do

Reaction Score
@Rob_Harrington: Watching Justin Simon defend Jalen Adams offers a glimpse of his NBA future. Adams still getting the better of it tho. #super64

@coreyevans_10: Jalen Adams getting the cup at will. Such a good downhill scorer in traffic. Great guy for Ollie and crew for what they do

Anyone I talked to this summer in the aau circuit said he is a real catch for uconn

Reaction Score
@JeffRabjohns: Boo Williams forward Chris Clarke is so much fun to watch play. Goes hard all the time, makes plays, versatile, defends.
3uconn, what's your take on Clarke.

Is he really standing out as a high-motor, elite defender and versatile wing? I liked him from the clips and game I watched on TV, but he didn't wow me.

Jones just seems like a longer, and superior player and athlete, even though Clarke is a good athlete in his own right. Both seem to have about the same capability with the dribble. They both handle the ball well in transition and getting to the rim, but I didn't see a lot of breaking down their man off the bounce in the half-court.

In the Peach Jam game I saw, most of Clarke's points were either in transition or garbage put backs. His Boo Williams team didn't seem to look for him to create for himself. Maybe he'll be a good catch for whoever gets him, but Jones just looks like he's worth waiting for if UConn's chances still look good. I realize at some point you take the bird-in-the-hand. Is Clarke close enough a talent compared to Jones that he's worth pulling the trigger on soon at the expense of missing out on Jones? Just want to get your take on this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
*Jalen Adams (6-2/2015/Massachusetts Rivals/Ashburnham, MA, Cushing Academy):
Adams, who is committed to the University of Connecticut, was the most compete “traditionally sized” guard I saw Thursday, dropping 25 points with eight rebounds and seven assists in a four-point loss to Virginia’s Team Loaded. In the team’s second game of the day, he scored 30 points in a six-point win over Stackhouse Elite. He’s in the mold of all of the high-caliber guards Connecticut has put on the floor.

http://coachgeorgeraveling.com/final-las-vegas-summer-ball-recap/

Reaction Score
I love how the talk about Adams has developed this very "ho-hum" vibe, like "Yeah, of course he's going to be an awesome guard. He's going to Connecticut."
Nothing said or written about Adams to suggest otherwise.

Reaction Score
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1427404-comanche-three-recruiting-the-hardest?s=75

Schools have taken notice as well, and right now, three are standing out to Comanche by how hard they're recruiting him.

"Arizona is definitely recruiting me hard, as is North Carolina State and UCLA," Comanche said. "I actually have an official visit planned to Arizona in September."

Also noticed this tweet from a west coast recruiting guy:

Neal Nieves @NealNieves · 10h
I see somebody put that Chance to NC State Crystal Ball. #Smart

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Under-17 National Team set at 12: Henry Ellenson, Malik Newman, Ivan Rabb, Diamond Stone, Caleb Swanigan make it from '15 class

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
The 2016 kids who made the U-17 squad: Tyus Battle, Terrance Ferguson, Harry Giles, Josh Jackson, VJ King, Devearl Ramsey and Jayson Tatum.

Goodman does not have command of facts, as usual.

Battle is 2016.

Reaction Score
Hmmm... that may be why he put Battle on the list of 2016 players.

Maybe you should investigate further.

You have uncommon faith in Goodman. Me: I prefer the facts.
  1. Gabriel Natale ‏@GxNAT 3h
    @GoodmanESPN Tyus Battle '16?

Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 3h
    @GoodmanESPN Battle is 2016 bro.

M.smith ‏@msmith71083 3
    @GoodmanESPN isn't battle 2016 class??

2. Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 3j
    @GoodmanESPN ;)

3. BIG MAN ‏@UncleDreRozay 3
    @ebosshoops @GoodmanESPN can Jeff retract his R.I.P. Prime Prep tweet I mean we're still alive

Reaction Score

M.smith ‏@msmith71083 3

@GoodmanESPN ;)

@ebosshoops @GoodmanESPN can Jeff retract his R.I.P. Prime Prep tweet I mean we're still alive

Am I reading this wrong? It sure looks like Goodman listed Battle as '16.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

M.smith ‏@msmith71083 3

@GoodmanESPN ;)

Its ok to admit you were wrong, upstater.

You won't die.

Your head won't explode.

Promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members