2014 Recruits - Stat Tracker | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruits - Stat Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Lubin with 18 points and 10 rebounds tonight.
You're reporting The Rock as if he is a future commit?

Dove

Reaction Score
Because he Tweeted he was? Or the LOI finally showed up?

Reaction Score
Because he Tweeted he was? Or the LOI finally showed up?
He's been committed for months now. I'm not sure what the misunderstanding is. He didn't sign his LOI because he couldn't get fully cleared in time. They were having troubles getting everything from his old school in time and they couldn't get everything ready by the end of the early signing period.

Dove

Reaction Score
He's been committed for months now. I'm not sure what the misunderstanding is. He didn't sign his LOI because he couldn't get fully cleared in time. They were having troubles getting everything from his old school in time and they couldn't get everything ready by the end of the early signing period.
Thanks 3. I did not know the facts.

We got The Rock!

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton Highlights from Bosco vs. Long Beach Millikan (11/27)- 27 points, 18 rebounds

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton Highlights from Bosco vs. Long Beach Millikan (11/27)- 27 points, 18 rebounds

Anyone else notice the TO the refs missed on the first highlight? LOL

Reaction Score
Scot-e said:
No one seems to be recording Rack. Where is UCONNMOM when you need her. "MOM send us some vids of your kid"!

I believe if you scour the Internet, you'll find plenty of recorded rack. Just clear your browser history after.

Reaction Score
And Lubin's mom was wise to stop coming by here. Don't think it's a wise for parents to mingle with fans over message boards.

Reaction Score
Is it just me that DH reminds another Hamilton guy, but bigger and stronger?

Reaction Score
3UConn, do you know if we are recruiting any "shooters"... seems like we have a lot of 2Gs & swingman coming in who are great at taking it to the rim, with solid ball handling abilities (Purvis, Hamilton, Ali, Cassell), but it would be nice to have a knock down outside shooter, especially when we are in zone situations.... I'd love an outside shooting, pure PG. (ie Napier like player). Thoughts?

caw

Reaction Score
3UConn, do you know if we are recruiting any "shooters"... seems like we have a lot of 2Gs & swingman coming in who are great at taking it to the rim, with solid ball handling abilities (Purvis, Hamilton, Ali, Cassell), but it would be nice to have a knock down outside shooter, especially when we are in zone situations.... I'd love an outside shooting, pure PG. (ie Napier like player). Thoughts?

Not 3, but partial answer:

2014 Cassell and Hamilton can shoot the three. Cassell falls more in the Napier type of shooter and Hamilton in the Hamilton type (better range, less of a runner around screens, maybe that's more like Lamb). Neither are Ray Allen. Rodney is a decent set shooter from three, not going to pull up or curl around a screen for one though.

2015 Ali is more of a slasher right now. Probably Dyson is his best comparison.

UConn recruited/is recruiting a few pure shooters in 2015. One has verballed to exCuse in Richardson, who is a very good shooter, but does lack handle. The other off the top of my head is Bennie Boatwright, but haven't heard much on recruiting of him by UConn recently. Not sure who the best shooting PG UConn is recruiting: Mitchell and Adams aren't known for their shots. Dorsey can shoot but I'm not sure he would fall in the pure shooter realm. Personally wouldn't mind quite a few of UConns guard recruits but would love to grab the Cali pair of Boatwright and Dorsey. Throw in one of the Cali bigs for good measure.

Don't know about 2016.

The PG from Ct in 2017 is a pure shooter but he's down the line quite a bit. Pray he grows a few inches and chooses UConn if he develops as expected.

Reaction Score
Not 3, but partial answer:

2014 Cassell and Hamilton can shoot the three. Cassell falls more in the Napier type of shooter and Hamilton in the Hamilton type (better range, less of a runner around screens, maybe that's more like Lamb). Neither are Ray Allen. Rodney is a decent set shooter from three, not going to pull up or curl around a screen for one though.

2015 Ali is more of a slasher right now. Probably Dyson is his best comparison.

UConn recruited/is recruiting a few pure shooters in 2015. One has verballed to exCuse in Richardson, who is a very good shooter, but does lack handle. The other off the top of my head is Bennie Boatwright, but haven't heard much on recruiting of him by UConn recently. Not sure who the best shooting PG UConn is recruiting: Mitchell and Adams aren't known for their shots. Dorsey can shoot but I'm not sure he would fall in the pure shooter realm. Personally wouldn't mind quite a few of UConns guard recruits but would love to grab the Cali pair of Boatwright and Dorsey. Throw in one of the Cali bigs for good measure.

Don't know about 2016.

The PG from Ct in 2017 is a pure shooter but he's down the line quite a bit. Pray he grows a few inches and chooses UConn if he develops as expected.

Thanks for the info, Caw! I agree with your analysis! Seems like Cassell is the best shooter coming in, but I've seen a lot of "combo guard" reviews of him & he seems like a great player regardless. I was really hoping for Richardson, but he seemed like a long shot, probably because he would be in competition with Hamilton, if DHam returned. Boatwright seems like a shooter, but it seems his status has slipped, probably more so because he is less athletic, but I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think Bennie could really blend in with team. Dorsey seems to be another great ball handling ball guy, with Q's about his outside shot. Give me Bennie, Dorsey & a rugged PF/C coming in for the 2015 class & I would be very happy.

Reaction Score
In 2014 I'm not exactly sure but I believe Cassell Jr. is a pretty good shooter and is improving. Hamilton can definitely hit the three as well as do many other things.

For 2015 Ali is much more of a slasher and transition player right now. However, his brother has told me he is working on his shot the most right now.

In 2015 we are going after some good shooters. The first one that pops into my mind if Bennie Boatwright. At about 6'9-10" he can get his shot off at anytime and is a SF maybe stretch PF and is known for his shooting right now. I just talked to one of his coaches the other day and he said UConn is right there in his recruitment. For PG's Dorsey isn't a true 1 but he can really score and he can hit threes. Mitchell isn't known for his shooting at all. Adams I believe is a pretty good shooter but I'm not quite sure. Derrick Jones is a SF but he can also shoot it alright as can Carlton Bragg. Doral Moore isn't a pure shooter but as a 7 footer I believe he can hit the three from time to time.

We have been mentioned by a bunch of people and I'm it exactly sure who's getting legit interest so I don't want to name too many people.

Reaction Score
In 2014 I'm not exactly sure but I believe Cassell Jr. is a pretty good shooter and is improving. Hamilton can definitely hit the three as well as do many other things.

For 2015 Ali is much more of a slasher and transition player right now. However, his brother has told me he is working on his shot the most right now.

In 2015 we are going after some good shooters. The first one that pops into my mind if Bennie Boatwright. At about 6'9-10" he can get his shot off at anytime and is a SF maybe stretch PF and is known for his shooting right now. I just talked to one of his coaches the other day and he said UConn is right there in his recruitment. For PG's Dorsey isn't a true 1 but he can really score and he can hit threes. Mitchell isn't known for his shooting at all. Adams I believe is a pretty good shooter but I'm not quite sure. Derrick Jones is a SF but he can also shoot it alright as can Carlton Bragg. Doral Moore isn't a pure shooter but as a 7 footer I believe he can hit the three from time to time.

We have been mentioned by a bunch of people and I'm it exactly sure who's getting legit interest so I don't want to name too many people.

Thanks 3! You're always full of good info! I know Cassell & Hamilton can shoot the 3 & make some, not sure I'd heard either was a knockdown type. Boatwright sounds like a dream player with all the ball handlers coming in. Is Boatwright really up to 6'9"-10"... Wow! While I like Mitchell a lot, he seems like a duplication of Ali at this point. Dorsey would be an excellent get, regardless of him being a combo/PG. The kid can play! Brag & Diallo are dreams!

caw

Reaction Score
Boatwright is a bit like the kid we lost to Gtown last year, and he can't get run because he can't play defense. Maybe Boatwright is more athletic than I remember or has gotten better defensively, but I think he might have similar issues defending smaller threes or bigger fours.

As an aside anyone know why Boatwright decided not to join St John Bosco with Dorsey and Hamilton. I thought he was going to but I see him listed under a different program. I only saw him at an AAU event and don't really follow high school as much, west coast at least.

3 as per your recent posted article on Chase Jeter, kid looks like he has range to 15-18 feet and is pretty athletic. I wonder which bigs UConn really wants. They seem to be mentioned with at least 8 I can think of (even if not seriously by the player).

Reaction Score
Boatwright is a bit like the kid we lost to Gtown last year, and he can't get run because he can't play defense. Maybe Boatwright is more athletic than I remember or has gotten better defensively, but I think he might have similar issues defending smaller threes or bigger fours.

As an aside anyone know why Boatwright decided not to join St John Bosco with Dorsey and Hamilton. I thought he was going to but I see him listed under a different program. I only saw him at an AAU event and don't really follow high school as much, west coast at least.

3 as per your recent posted article on Chase Jeter, kid looks like he has range to 15-18 feet and is pretty athletic. I wonder which bigs UConn really wants. They seem to be mentioned with at least 8 I can think of (even if not seriously by the player).
Yea. A PG and a big are the priorities and you can tell by the amount of people they are mentioned by at those positions. Big targets could be Chase Jeter, Jessie Govan, Diamond Stone, Cheick Diallo, Doral Moore, Chance Comanche, and Carlton Bragg. I could be missing some. I'm not exactly who they are after the hardest right now though.

Reaction Score
@NextUpRecruits: #5 Chipola College survives with a 77-76 win at Pensacola College. UCONN signee Sam Cassell led the way with 22pts. #Juco @sam2ss2ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom