2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FYI, Bradford was apparently on Temple's campus this past weekend. Not sure how much interest there is from him, may just be weighing his options...Temple does have one Timber Creek player on their roster and actively recruiting A. Jennings this year as well...

Reaction Score
UConn commits earn all-conference honors
  • Luke Carrezola of Neshaminy High earned Surburban One League National Conference first-team honors on offense as a tight end and defensive as a defensive end.
  • Alec Bloom, a tight end for Ligonier Valley, was named the Southern Alleghenies Football Coaches Association offensive player of the year

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller9:51am via TweetDeck
According to Milford Academy coach Bill Chaplick, Jamar Summers and Chasz Wright still committed to #UConn
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/12/milford-academy-duo-still-committed-to.html

>>...when I spoke to Milford Academy coach Bill Chaplick last night he said that both Summers, a cornerback from Orange, N.J., and Wright, an offensive tackle from Woodbridge, Va., are firmly committed to UConn and both intend to be enrolled when the spring semester at UConn begins on Jan. 21.<<

Reaction Score
Other recent info back a few pages but...

Justin Noye ‏@Smooth_NewtonIV32m
I would like to announce my decommitment from Uconn... #FieldDreams

Know he visited ODU recently and Rutgers had offered. But this is a strange re-tweet:

VandySportscom ‏@VandySportscom29m
Recruiters should check out 3-star ATH Justin Noye's SR Highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow9JMdghIEk… Could be a late steal for someone.
Retweeted by Justin Noye

NHRJimFuller7:11pm via TweetDeck
Former #UConn commit Justin Noye becomes second player to decommit following coaching shakeup Post original url/19D8wr5

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 4:49pm via Twitter for iPhone
UConn coach Bob Diaco said he intends to honor commitments from recruits

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 4:49pm via Twitter for iPhone
UConn coach Bob Diaco said he intends to honor commitments from recruits

Some more info here:
  • >>Diaco said he wants to get all the committed recruits on the phone while he can still make unlimited calls. He also said his intention is to honor to commitments accepted from players when Paul Pasqualoni was running the show.<<
  • >>"The commitment from the prospect to UConn, if it was done properly, they made a commitment to the institution and that shouldn’t change," Diaco said. "UConn made a commitment to the prospect. If it was done the right way, it shouldn’t change. The defensive and offensive systems are going to be a little bit different but every person has value<<
  • >>"It is an incredible recruiting hotbed. People from all over America come to the Northeast to pluck players. There are more than enough prospective student-athletes to collect about 25 a year for UConn."<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My wish list in order:
1) a top OT recruit- preferably JUCO for immediate depth
2) a top recruit at center or guard - again I would consider JUCO for immediate depth
3) a DT
4) a TE
5) a tall WR to fill the G Davis role (the big target)
6) a CB
7) an LB (to maintain depth in the years ahead)

I haven't looked that closely, but it seems we are well stocked at QB (obviously), WR, DE (stocked - but with unproven players), and Safety.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do we think Diaco can bring any of his uncommitted recruiting prospects to UConn? Could be the most exciting Dec/Jan in UConn football recruiting history.

http:// /Coach/Bob-Diaco-208

Reaction Score
We were spoiled with T Williams. Need a pass rusher. Lindsy Whitten have a brother??
Trevardo is who I always think when I think "proto type". He wasn't a proto type, but man he could rush the passer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We were spoiled with T Williams. Need a pass rusher. Lindsy Whitten have a brother??

Yeah, certainly need a pass rusher. I might not have this perfectly right, but we have the following at DE with only Franks and McBryde having seen serious playing time:

Franks
McBryde
Stapleton
Battle-Santos
Ormsby
Stevens
Marinan (preferred walk on)

Current commits:
Carrezola (DE or TE)
Rodrick (DE or LB?)

In spring ball it might make sense to look at Norris at DE again particularly if Myers is ready to shed the redshirt and log some serious playing time and McQuillan is healthy.

Next year at TE we should have:

Myers
McQuillan
Thompson
Norris
Boland (should this guy be at DT instead?)

Incoming commits:
Carrezola (DE or TE)
Bloom

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Trevardo is who I always think when I think "proto type". He wasn't a proto type, but man he could rush the passer.

At 245 lbs, maybe Rodrick will be our next Trevardo.

Reaction Score
Hard Hittin Whitten does have a brother, Donte Whitner.... only problem is he's older and is playing on Sundays...

Reaction Score
At 245 lbs, maybe Rodrick will be our next Trevardo.
Trevardo stood out cause he was an elite HS sprinter. Is Rodrick a sprinter also? Edsall took a chance on an undersized, elite HS sprinter, with hopes that he would become an outstanding pass rusher. He reached his full potential under P/Don Brown, but I don't think P offers him coming out of HS, because he didn't fit the mold of a "proto type".

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Trevardo stood out cause he was an elite HS sprinter. Is Rodrick a sprinter also? Edsall took a chance on an undersized, elite HS sprinter, with hopes that he would become an outstanding pass rusher. He reached his full potential under P/Don Brown, but I don't think P offers him coming out of HS, because he didn't fit the mold of a "proto type".

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Rodrick is not a sprinter, so yeah the similarity ends quickly to Trevardo. Rodrick did look pretty fast though in the highlight clips I recall watching from his JR year.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looking at CArrezola's highlights, I think he projects better at tight end, although with good coaching, he could fill out into a 3-4 end. I just saw a lot more to like on that tape as a TE.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

A lot to like in that link. Not sure what is the right choice position wise. Seems like he can get to the QB on the edge which is great, but tackles a bit high on the rush. At TE he looks like a suffocating blocker with great hands. Regardless, looks like a real winner. Glad to have him.

Reaction Score
A lot to like in that link. Not sure what is the right choice position wise. Seems like he can get to the QB on the edge which is great, but tackles a bit high on the rush. At TE he looks like a suffocating blocker with great hands. Regardless, looks like a real winner. Glad to have him.

He is slow off the ball on D and lacks proper form (the former is fixable through training, the latter is fixable through coaching). He has the athleticism, it is evident on the tape. I just think he will be a bigger help as a TE. UCONN is in desperate need of them, especially ones that can block. I can see him adding another 15-20 pounds and being a 3 down tight end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom