2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kiy Hester should be a priority for us.. I hope the coaching staff is pushing hard for him....
I'm sure they are pushing as hard as Michigan, The U, Turtle, Michigan St, BC, Rutty, Cuse, UNC, tOSU, Vandy, Arkansas, GT, Nebraska, Pitt, WVA and Purdue :)

Reaction Score
JimWilsonTG 2:05pm via HootSuite
Leicester LB Tom Rodrick picked up another D1 offer, adding UConn to a list that already included UMass. Expect more to come.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Rodrick made 91 tackles and had a Central Mass-best 14 sacks for Leicester and made 24 tackles and two sacks in the playoffs. He also rushed for 410 yards as a fullback for Leicester.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I was under the impression we wanted 2lbs this class. A 3rd was going to take a ath spot and had to be a stud recruit. Recent offers say otherwise or my charted 2 lbs we have something is wrong info wise.

Reaction Score
I also hear RU's offer was held back from Jimmy Hogan DE/TE for failing to make up his mind soon enough even tho his dad said 4 weeks ago he was going to RU

Appears you may have had bad info on Hogan or someone Rutgers thought they had in the bag changed their mind.

FitzWriter 3:48pm via web
Ramapo DL Jimmy Hogan will join Kiy Hester at #Rutgers. Flood gets his 20th commitment. #njfootball #msgvrecruit @RamapoAthletics

FitzWriter 3:51pm via Web
Hogan, a 6-5, 225-pound defensive end, chose the Scarlet Knights over #UConn, #Temple and #Michigan. #Rutgers #njfootball @RamapoAthletics

I see no verification that he ever had a Michigan offer - from Wednesday.

Rutgers: "Rutgers was the first school to offer me and they are only an hour away from my house."
Temple: "Temple has a really good criminal justice program, so I really like that."
UConn: "They are kind of out of the way, but they want me to play tight end for them. And I've played tight end all my life, so I guess I'd be okay with that."
Michigan: "They haven't offered me yet but they say they will. Michigan has been one of my favorite football schools since I was little."

Reaction Score
N
Appears you may have had bad info on Hogan or someone Rutgers thought they had in the bag changed their mind.

FitzWriter 3:48pm via web
Ramapo DL Jimmy Hogan will join Kiy Hester at #Rutgers. Flood gets his 20th commitment. #njfootball #msgvrecruit @RamapoAthletics

FitzWriter 3:51pm via Web
Hogan, a 6-5, 225-pound defensive end, chose the Scarlet Knights over #UConn, #Temple and #Michigan. #Rutgers #njfootball @RamapoAthletics

I see no verification that he ever had a Michigan offer - from Wednesday.

Rutgers: "Rutgers was the first school to offer me and they are only an hour away from my house."
Temple: "Temple has a really good criminal justice program, so I really like that."
UConn: "They are kind of out of the way, but they want me to play tight end for them. And I've played tight end all my life, so I guess I'd be okay with that."
Michigan: "They haven't offered me yet but they say they will. Michigan has been one of my favorite football schools since I was little."
@no the info was good but a deal for a local kid was arranged since yesterday I think?Probably good PR or they put Slade on the spot!!Sorry I was really hoping UConn got him he's a real classy kid BUT STILL loves Mich!!Maybe he promised he wouldn't flip?I don't claim to no it all!!btw I only came here to congratulate you all on Noyes commit but forgot I passed on that "nugget"!!I can always count on you to hold my feet to the fire!!Ha ha.....next RU commit?Jamie Herr OT Elkton,Md when his coach returns from Calif!!Monday???@In reply to a question from above NO he didn't have an offer from Mich but maybe thought he could work one out of them?Just my thought!?!I do know he had an SU and BC offer though among other regional offers!@@update;Herr's scholly as the last OL spot is on hold as #1 JUCO OT Mavety is visiting RU wednesday and might get the offer Herr wanted!According to my info..(not inside)..Also6'1" 215 lb RB 4* Jonathan Hilliman will visit RU this week from St Peters Prep ,JC,NJ!!

Reaction Score
Supposedly a Syracuse lock

@Yeah as usual RU plan B's can fall back on the chance to play in the Dome!RU never even offered him tho!!Tho Jason Cabinda seems like a good get for someone!! Nice kid!!Under rated!

Reaction Score
Baggz41 9:42pm via Web
@Louuchainzz @lmarsh7 @Smooth_NewtonIV Welcome to the UConn fam, Here's a pic I made for u guys. #BleedBlue
pic.twitter.com/Hs4YPDd3LW

BN5C86bCYAApyTJ.jpg

Reaction Score
RB Curtis Samuel(Erasmus) just ran a 4.36 unofficially 40 at the Spaq Championship

Reaction Score
@NEsports_ NJ LB Jason Cabinda will choose between Boston College, Syracuse, and Temple July 1st. Other offers include Maryland, Navy, and UConn

Committed to Syracuse...

"I knew Syracuse was going to be my choice as soon as I visited. I just knew it because it was exactly what I expected it to be. The visit was basically just confirmation."

Reaction Score
Committed to Syracuse...

"I knew Syracuse was going to be my choice as soon as I visited. I just knew it because it was exactly what I expected it to be. The visit was basically just confirmation."

@Weird statement?Though I hear he's a pretty sharp and underrated kid!Good character guy..."Cuse" a Brigadoon?LOl!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Whats on my wish list at this point..... an OT, a Center, a Guard, a DT, a CB and a pair of RBs. Second tier needs; LB, more DE/DT and S. Third tier, TE & WR. No need QB. Just my thoughts, shred away if you wish.

Follow up thought - I really would feel much better about everything if we could land a RB and couple O-line men in the coming weeks. After that, regardless of what the naysayers say (about recruting, coach p or the aac - much of which maybe fair), I'll feel we have at least something on the hook for these thinly staffed positions.

It would be great to see Newsome or Cooper as Uconn commits ASAP.

Reaction Score
Whats on my wish list at this point..... an OT, a Center, a Guard, a DT, a CB and a pair of RBs. Second tier needs; LB, more DE/DT and S. Third tier, TE & WR. No need QB. Just my thoughts, shred away if you wish.

Follow up thought - I really would feel much better about everything if we could land a RB and couple O-line men in the coming weeks. After that, regardless of what the naysayers say (about recruting, coach p or the aac - much of which maybe fair), I'll feel we have at least something on the hook for these thinly staffed positions.

It would be great to see Newsome or Cooper as Uconn commits ASAP.

You need to recruit at least one QB every year. QB depth can change very quickly. With one already committed and having recruited two last year you should be fine!

Reaction Score
N
@no the info was good but a deal for a local kid was arranged since yesterday I think?Probably good PR or they put Slade on the spot!!Sorry I was really hoping UConn got him he's a real classy kid BUT STILL loves Mich!!Maybe he promised he wouldn't flip?I don't claim to no it all!!btw I only came here to congratulate you all on Noyes commit but forgot I passed on that "nugget"!!I can always count on you to hold my feet to the fire!!Ha ha.....next RU commit?Jamie Herr OT Elkton,Md when his coach returns from Calif!!Monday???@In reply to a question from above NO he didn't have an offer from Mich but maybe thought he could work one out of them?Just my thought!?!I do know he had an SU and BC offer though among other regional offers!@@update;Herr's scholly as the last OL spot is on hold as #1 JUCO OT Mavety is visiting RU wednesday and might get the offer Herr wanted!According to my info..(not inside)..Also6'1" 215 lb RB 4* Jonathan Hilliman will visit RU this week from St Peters Prep ,JC,NJ!!

re: Mavety

Anthony Davis talking smack about Syracuse. Davis was a 1st round 11th pick in 2010 from Rutgers....he's tweeting the recruit about Syracuse:

am Davis@AnthonyDavis76
6h
@chadmavety55 Syracuse is Soft bro! lol
Chad Mavety @chadmavety55
5h
@AnthonyDavis76 haha there showin me love rite now I'm in the locker room
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h
@chadmavety55 name one beast lineman from Syracuse. I can't think of one.
Bam Davis@AnthonyDavis76
4h
@chadmavety55 Once you get there all that will change. At RU Coach Flood will be the same guy he is right now. Great Coach/Dad.

Reaction Score
wow someone must have gotten to Davis cause this is a major turnaround after what he had to say about RU and Schiano last yr.

Reaction Score
wow someone must have gotten to Davis cause this is a major turnaround after what he had to say about RU and Schiano last yr.

@No Buffett your wrong on that!!Anthony Davis loves RU and grew up 1 mile away and as a teenager hung around the RU practices!He just had issues with Greg Schiano...BUT he LOVES KF!!As soon as Greg left he started hanging around the "guys" again!I remember when OSU asked him to come to Columbus and start he said "I think Ohio kids should go to OSU and Jersey kids should go to RU!It was never an RU issue just a personality conflict!The year he committed to RU he was the #63 player in the country!

Reaction Score
OL Corey Martinez anouncing on July 3rd on ESPNU at the Opening... Do we have a realistic shot?

Be real, real nice but not thinking so...5/31/2013: Corey Martinez Top 6: Alabama Crimson Tide Florida State Seminoles LSU Tigers Miami Hurricanes Tennessee Volunteers Vanderbilt Commodores

@TC_Football 2014 OL Corey Martinez committed to his "dream" school this evening: #FSU.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin