2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Who knows where he will be placed, I don't pretend to know either, unlike you who seems to have it all figured out no matter the subject. LOL ya he was taken solely as a Flutie, not with standing of his on field accomplishments at Natick so far. Family tradition is a great thing and your bound to have several generations attend the same school its called a legacy and Doug paved the way. The kid earned a spot on his own merit, and any suggestion otherwise was addressed by the Dazzler. You just cant help yourself from taking shots at these young men can you, rather sad and pathetic.

Have been here through thick and thin just like most B.C. supporters. Like all schools, including yours, you have your fringe elements that hop on and off the ole wagon. Thats the nature of the beast. Attracting new eyes and holding onto your core supporters, and generating revenue very key. Whatever it takes, call it what you will, however it gets done, its the modern day reality of college ball.

This photo continues to crack me up. Thick and Thin, eh?
bc-student-section-lead.jpg

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Dude... learn how to post on a message board. You screwed it up again. Go back to a BCU board for remedial education and come back when you get it ;).
You really did not just go there with the education card did you....lol...really?

Reaction Score
This photo continues to crack me up. Thick and Thin, eh?
bc-student-section-lead.jpg
Wow not one personal slam uttered about U Conn and its turning into a feeding frenzy ...... lol oh wait I think thats me! told someone earlier I have been there through thick and thin....nice try

Reaction Score
41,531 avg per home game vs FSU cap 44, 500 ya def room for improvement sell outs are hard to come by these days as im sure you know

Yeah....I don't care what the box score says the official attendance was. I was at the FSU game in 2011. Announced attendance was 38k. There is no chance there was 30k there.

But hey, we claimed 37k last year for Temple.

Neither happened.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Wow not one personal slam uttered about U Conn and its turning into a feeding frenzy ...... lol oh wait I think thats me! told someone earlier I have been there through thick and thin....nice try

How does one utter a personal slam against an institution? Corporations are people, my friend, not colleges. They file completely different forms with the IRS. At any rate, this is close enough.

Your a hoot......back to back 5-7 seasons and your current coach P.P. is a mirror image of the Spaz. You should be asking when is YOUR next 500 season going to be. The way things are looking now your in for a long tough road. We hit rock bottom last year and we own it. Yours is still to come. Twelve consecutive winning seasons and bowl appearances, including two A.C.C Atlantic Division titles and championship game appearances. Then came Spaz and a steady decline in wins and recruits, 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, 2-10. When you hit bottom B.C. will be back to winning. You see it happens to the best of them. Karma is a b*tch.

fanDan might be a know-it-all blow hard, but he's our know-it-all blow hard. And quite frankly he does know something about recruiting other than the Rivals/Scouts rating systems.

Reaction Score
Lets see.....had BOMB dropped on me, told I was stupid (dumb) and I should go back to a B.C.U. board so I could learn to navigate this site, even though you just put a U in front of the B.C. .....and was shown a pic of a guy, during winter break, on a cold winter afternoon, with a team that has a losing record, in the closing minutes of yet another loss....yes I am wrecked by all of this. You obviously hold onto this pic dearly knowing full well its a misrepresentation of the worst kind, but if it helps you sleep at night knock yourself out. We can all find pics like that. Three very childish reactions, but I know in my heart there are more grown up classy U Conn fan reps out there.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Lets see.....had BOMB dropped on me, told I was stupid (dumb) and I should go back to a B.C.U. board so I could learn to navigate this site, even though you just put a U in front of the B.C. .....and was shown a pic of a guy, during winter break, on a cold winter afternoon, with a team that has a losing record, in the closing minutes of yet another loss....yes I am wrecked by all of this. You obviously hold onto this pic dearly knowing full well its a misrepresentation of the worst kind, but if it helps you sleep at night knock yourself out. We can all find pics like that. Three very childish reactions, but I know in my heart there are more grown up classy U Conn fan reps out there.

You said, "personal slam against U Conn[sic]." I merely pointed out that unlike a corporation, Institutions of higher learning are not people. AND, I never directed anything personal towards you, just your fan base as a whole, being so tried and true, supporting the team through thick and thin (BTW, BC was only 12-14 when that photo was taken.). I just searched "Boston College student section" and that photo came up 3 times and near the top of Yahoo images. Making the same search and replacing "Boston College" with "UConn" reveals one phone of a poorly attended game, but was a sell out as compared to that of BC. I even added "Football." to the search (as our student section is notorious for leaving early) and still did not come up with a single photo approaching that from Boston College.

There is no need to justify or spin the photo, unless it was Photoshopped, which it wasn't. The fact that it exists is damning enough on your insinuation that Boston College has leagues of supporters through thick and thin. This is not exactly a gross misrepresentation either. I have a close relative who was connected with the Men's Basketball team during the Scooney Penn, Mickey Curley, Keenan Jourdan days. That team won the 1997 Big East Tournament, before Fr. Leahy ran Jim O'Brien out of town. I went to my fair share of BC Basketball games through my relative's ticket allotment and Conte was rarely sold out, even in those days.

It took NewarkNicky a couple weeks of posting but he/she soon after realized that this is a UConn Message board. You can't expect to come here and interrupt the conversation or profess superiority in any way and not expect a little push back. It doesn't work that way.

Reaction Score
Yeah....I don't care what the box score says the official attendance was. I was at the FSU game in 2011. Announced attendance was 38k. There is no chance there was 30k there.

But hey, we claimed 37k last year for Temple.

Neither happened.
Obviously what you say is the official count, what am I thinking. Ignore the official box score, ignore the announced attd, its def a conspiracy by B.C. to inflate numbers. Wow the deeper i dig the more scary this becomes. B.C has never had 40,000 for a home game vs FSU, and the avg is not 41,530 because you say it is not so. Or wish it not to be in this case. Check your facts.

Reaction Score
You said, "personal slam against U Conn[sic]." I merely pointed out that unlike a corporation, Institutions of higher learning are not people. AND, I never directed anything personal towards you, just your fan base as a whole, being so tried and true, supporting the team through thick and thin (BTW, BC was only 12-14 when that photo was taken.). I just searched "Boston College student section" and that photo came up 3 times and near the top of Yahoo images. Making the same search and replacing "Boston College" with "UConn" reveals one phone of a poorly attended game, but was a sell out as compared to that of BC. I even added "Football." to the search (as our student section is notorious for leaving early) and still did not come up with a single photo approaching that from Boston College.

There is no need to justify or spin the photo, unless it was Photoshopped, which it wasn't. The fact that it exists is damning enough on your insinuation that Boston College has leagues of supporters through thick and thin. This is not exactly a gross misrepresentation either. I have a close relative who was connected with the Men's Basketball team during the Scooney Penn, Mickey Curley, Keenan Jourdan days. That team won the 1997 Big East Tournament, before Fr. Leahy ran Jim O'Brien out of town. I went to my fair share of BC Basketball games through my relative's ticket allotment and Conte was rarely sold out, even in those days.

It took NewarkNicky a couple weeks of posting but he/she soon after realized that this is a UConn Message board. You can't expect to come here and interrupt the conversation or profess superiority in any way and not expect a little push back. It doesn't work that way.
Examples of superiority? List them......interrupt conversation? between whom? forgive me for engaging on a site that is about expressing opinions. I do not see anything stating this blog is ONLY for U Conn followers. A lil healthy POLITE debate is good for all of us. It gets old when you see U Conn followers talking trash and running their mouths all over the net about B.C. A little push back? Foul mouths and childish behavior does nothing to promote your schools image in a positive light. Im not Nicky whatever and IM FULLY AWARE ITS A U Conn board, and Im not going to be intimidated or pressured into not posting opinions here. I know exactly how this all works, but thanks for the heads up.

Reaction Score
You really did not just go there with the education card did you....lol...really?

Nope - just your ability to figure out how to quote someone and post a reply in a message board. But it seems you figured it out after a few tries - your Star level just went up.

Reaction Score
So the tight end we jus got
- is only 6'3
- only got a temple offer

And yet all this time we spent in the south with our first 125 offers out and at stone mnt ga where we offered the whole team we had a kid looking to give a verbal somewhere and he verbals to gast over uconn and IST? Am I reading that right? He had a b12 and uconn offer and went to gast?

Either his grades were not up to par so he was going to partial qualify
Or
The commit we just took was the 2nd and last tight end slot in this class

Tell me why
A- we would not tell the kid who committed to wait a minute and check with this kid first
B- we don't play in the b10 we should be stacking our roster with partial kids. That's how u get the best of the rest aka what Lville did pre big east and what Boise does today.
C- we didn't have a better feel for the kids commit time considering we offered the whole stone mnt team. We should have a pulse down there.
D- all we have heard about is size and so far P has lived up to the we recruit size blah blah quotes. What happened with that now?

There's no such thing as a partial qualifier anymore - they got rid of it back in 2005.

Certain conferences and individual schools keep a higher standard than the NCAA minimum so the marginal kids still tend to end up in certain programs more so than others but everyone meets the minimum.

UConn probably should be going the JUCO route in my opinion - not as many schools accept JUCO transfers so you can probably get better athletes on average.

Reaction Score

Lighten up Francis...

Oh, maybe you should preach to YOUR committed recruits about the proper name of your school (and I put the "U" after the BC, not before - just like Mr. Knoll) :)

Michael Knoll@mikeknoll7 4 Jun
Officially committed to Boston College University! Go Eagles! #WeareBC #blessed http://instagram.com/p/aJiXaUMe6W/

Grow some thicker skin when you come trolling, you'll get your panties twisted less and it will be more enjoyable for all involved.

Husky25

Reaction Score
There is no other examples needed other than the condescending tone of the messages posted.

Interruptions? I don't know about others, but I think that quoting a post without adding anything of your own, messes with the flow of the conversation. The reader tries to find new information, and re-reads the same thing they just did 5 minutes earlier. Once is a mistake. Twice, and one starts to wonder...It appears you got that down.

Regarding the photo? It's real (and it's a taunt). I didn't know it got so sensitive up at the Heights. Pity. Some really good friends went there.

Reaction Score
Justin Noye - East High School Rochester NY
6-1 181 QB/CB/S
4.4 40yd

Reported by 247 to have UConn/Cuse/Albany/ODU offers

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Justin-Noye-at-East-43637/Videos/743236

Bob Lichtenfels (@BobLichtenfels)
2/25/13, 9:11 PM
Rochester (N.Y.) East Athlete Justin Noye picks up #UConn and #Buffalo offers. Has Rutgers offer as well.

http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Noye-26790[/quote]

Justin will be paying a visit to UConn tomorrow. 3* is up to 195 lbs.

Updated offers Albany, Buffalo, FAU, UMass, Temple, Rutty, and ODU

[/quote]

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Justin will be paying a visit to UConn tomorrow. 3* is up to 195 lbs.

Updated offers Albany, Buffalo, FAU, UMass, Temple, Rutty, and ODU

[/quote]

This is why I love recruiting. Sme one is his camp goes to the great feet great beat school of recruiting tapes. Lol

Kid is a super athlete. Cuse is stringing him along and I would love to land him but I think schools just aren't sure what to do with him and that's the BCS hold up. I like that he has a Rutgers offer but for those who are following along the Rutgers recruiting this year has been a real up in the air resume so far. Very wired. I would be somewhat afraid that Cuse will get him late no matter his verbal elsewhere.

That being said would love to land him and I think I see a db/wr/kr. This is the type of kid you see make a bone crushing tackle as a db and hop up with some swag years down the line. Te kid who runs a punt back to the house folds his arms and sways in the end zone. I like it.

Reaction Score
Dowrey58 Jun 24, 6:26pm via Twitter for iPhone
My second offer came in from University of Connecticut! #FBS #Football

Jordan Dowrey is a 6-2 263lb DT from Handley High School in Winchester VA. He was @ camp this past weekend. His brother Derek Dowrey was a 2012 Penn State commit.

Too lazy to shorten video - Nike Football Training Camp tour's stop in Florham Park, N.J. ---- Jordan starts @ 1:43. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9227275. This is an offense line drill and a lot of schools are looking more offense but he "prefers" defense.

From another scouting report on the above camp.:

OL: Jordan Dowrey, 6–1, 259, Winchester (Va.) Handley
Results: 5.25 40, 4.65 Shuttle, 34.0′ PB, 26.2″ VJ, 69.42 SPARQ

Breakdown: A week prior we saw Dowrey working as a defensive linemen at the Washington DC NFTC, but the brother of Penn State DT Derek Dowrey seems like a natural at center. While a bit undersized, Dowrey used good knee bend and his height to gain leverage on defenders. A bit raw in technique, the high school wrestler has the natural balance that’s so valuable inside and was immediately able to install the instruction from the NFTC coaches.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1449367/highlights/30548375

From JB article today:

"It's a really nice area and a really nice campus," he said. "All of their football facilities are very close together and it's all very nice. I liked Coach Hughes and the recruiting coach for my area." That recruiting coach is Coach Buggs, who he has actually grown familiar with for a couple of years. "My family has known Coach Buggs for a couple of years because he was at Penn State when my brother was recruited there," said Dowrey. "Coach Buggs has been talking to me since April and came by my school twice in May." His interaction with Coach Buggs led to his camp visit on Sunday. "I did pretty well," he said. "During the offensive session Coach Hughes took me and another guy with him and we did drills with him all morning. It was great to get to know him and it gave me the time to learn how they do things. Once I adjusted it went really well."
"I want to play somewhere that plays competitive football," he said. "I want to have good relationships with the coaches. A lot of it is just a feeling and if I could see myself there."

Reaction Score
OL Corey Martinez anouncing on July 3rd on ESPNU at the Opening... Do we have a realistic shot?

Reaction Score
OL Corey Martinez anouncing on July 3rd on ESPNU at the Opening... Do we have a realistic shot?

Be real, real nice but not thinking so...

5/31/2013: Corey Martinez Top 6: Alabama Crimson Tide Florida State Seminoles LSU Tigers Miami Hurricanes Tennessee Volunteers Vanderbilt Commodores

Reaction Score

This is why I love recruiting. Sme one is his camp goes to the great feet great beat school of recruiting tapes. Lol

Kid is a super athlete. Cuse is stringing him along and I would love to land him but I think schools just aren't sure what to do with him and that's the BCS hold up. I like that he has a Rutgers offer but for those who are following along the Rutgers recruiting this year has been a real up in the air resume so far. Very wired. I would be somewhat afraid that Cuse will get him late no matter his verbal elsewhere.

That being said would love to land him and I think I see a db/wr/kr. This is the type of kid you see make a bone crushing tackle as a db and hop up with some swag years down the line. Te kid who runs a punt back to the house folds his arms and sways in the end zone. I like it.[/quote]

@RU, I'm told won't be taking him I'm led to understand since their offer (uncommitable)wasn't taken fast enough and they need a DB scholly for 4* Kiy Hester of DePaul Catholic "formerly of St Joes, Montvale" Why SU hasn't offered I'm not sure but hear he's a "hot dogger"?He'd be a great get cause he don't lack talent or decent size 6'1" 197 at last camp!I also hear RU's offer was held back from Jimmy Hogan DE/TE for failing to make up his mind soon enough even tho his dad said 4 weeks ago he was going to RU?I think either Uconn or Temple ends up with him!His favorite school growing up was Mich but their not interested!Many thought he would announce to RU today but something happened??I hope you get them!

Reaction Score

That being said would love to land him and I think I see a db/wr/kr. This is the type of kid you see make a bone crushing tackle as a db and hop up with some swag years down the line. Te kid who runs a punt back to the house folds his arms and sways in the end zone. I like it.

@RU, I'm told won't be taking him I'm led to understand since their offer (uncommitable)wasn't taken fast enough and they need a DB scholly for 4* Kiy Hester of DePaul Catholic "formerly of St Joes, Montvale" Why SU hasn't offered I'm not sure but hear he's a "hot dogger"?He'd be a great get cause he don't lack talent or decent size 6'1" 197 at last camp!I also hear RU's offer was held back from Jimmy Hogan DE/TE for failing to make up his mind soon enough even tho his dad said 4 weeks ago he was going to RU?I think either Uconn or Temple ends up with him!His favorite school growing up was Mich but their not interested!Many thought he would announce to RU today but something happened??I hope you get them![/quote]

Kiy Hester should be a priority for us.. I hope the coaching staff is pushing hard for him....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
@NEsports_ NJ LB Jason Cabinda will choose between Boston College, Syracuse, and Temple July 1st. Other offers include Maryland, Navy, and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom