Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Updated:

LB- Chris Britton (Harrisburg HS, PA) - January
DB- Jamar Summers (Prep @ Milford Academy) (Orange NJ) - January

QB- Logan Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT)
RB- Arkeel Newsome (Ansonia CT)
RB - Bryce McAllister (Suffield Academy)
RB/LB - Ron Johnson (Palmetto Ridge HS, Naples FL)
TE - Alec Bloom (Ligonier Valley PA)
WR - Anthony Watkins (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)

OL- Trey Rutherford (Kent School CT)
OL - Steve Hashemi (St Joe's Trumbull CT)
OL - Lamont Bradford (Timber Creek HS NJ)**

DE/TE- Luke Carrezola (Neshaminy, PA)
DT/OG- Sheriden Lawley (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)
LB/DE- Tom Rodrick (Leicester, MA)
LB/DE/Ath - Vontae Diggs (Downers Grove IL)

**Bradford - Academics rumored to still be a question. TOS reporting he's out.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am curious if a wide receiver is coming in this weekend we don't know about. Seems like HCBD wants another wide out in this class. UCONN losses size after this year coming up

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
JIm Fuller w/ some old news, some new news and news of a surprise reach-out,

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/02/illinois-lb-commits-to-uconn.html"

Medic, anybody out there: what is happening with OL DEREK ALLEN of the 6'4" 285 variety.??? No word since his official visit and he wasn't offered. With Raitliff going to ARMY and turning down an offer, there seems to be at least by my count 3 to 4 offer spots open. I know Crozier from St Thomas in FL visits this weekend., but ALLEN seemed like he was interested:

"Derek Allen was very interested in UConn and it was his first choice but the coaching staff did not offer him. Derek currently has offers from Navy, Fordham, Rhode Island, and Wagner University. He should be making a commitment this weekend. I believe he is a very talented player with a ton of potential that has been overlooked by some schools."

Made even more interesting by Coach Foley indicating preference to redshirting frosh lineman and developing them on the practice field and in the weight room etc.
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/once-again-plenty-of-questions-surround.html

Reaction Score
JIm Fuller w/ some old news, some new news and news of a surprise reach-out,

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/02/illinois-lb-commits-to-uconn.html

Hmmm...

"A recruiting source confirmed that the UConn staff reached out to Hamden Hall quarterback T.J. Linta, who threw for 56 touchdowns as a senior, but he is remaining firm in his commitment to Brown."

HCBD talks about creating an offense that he has had a difficult time preparing for,which would suggest a more mobile QB.

I know we have Marchi(mobile)and teams try to have both mobile and pocket QB(scout teams etc) regardless of offensive style.

It will be interesting to see the type of QB we go after in the future. I think the QB position is going to be a big indicator of the that direction.

Which brings me to Linta- he is a big strong armed pocket passer correct?
Not what I expected. But again, most staffs have multi style QB's....

Reaction Score
Medic, anybody out there: what is happening with OL DEREK ALLEN of the 6'4" 285 variety.??? No word since his official visit and he wasn't offered. With Raitliff going to ARMY and turning down an offer, there seems to be at least by my count 3 to 4 offer spots open. I know Crozier from St Thomas in FL visits this weekend., but ALLEN seemed like he was interested:

"Derek Allen was very interested in UConn and it was his first choice but the coaching staff did not offer him. Derek currently has offers from Navy, Fordham, Rhode Island, and Wagner University. He should be making a commitment this weekend. I believe he is a very talented player with a ton of potential that has been overlooked by some schools."

Made even more interesting by Coach Foley indicating preference to redshirting frosh lineman and developing them on the practice field and in the weight room etc.
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/once-again-plenty-of-questions-surround.html

No inside info here - my only sense is he maybe didn't impress... or he's a fall back to a fall back. It was reported that he qualified academically. There are times when the "very interested" isn't always mutual.;) Gotta wonder why Navy is his only bona fide FBS offer @ that size.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Theory... One OL spot left and the staff thought it would be Ratliff or Allen. Ratliff was preferred and got the offer. While Ratliff was deciding the staff got involved w/ Crozier who also rates above Allen.

Allen may still have a shot depending on how things go w/ Crozier and also what happens a/ Bradford

Reaction Score
Linta's highlights showed unreal arm strength. Really shocked umass, uconn, or bc didnt offer him.

Reaction Score
Linta's highlights showed unreal arm strength. Really shocked umass, uconn, or bc didnt offer him.

I could be mistaken but I seem to remember that his Dad/Coach Joe was pretty clear that he was looking towards an Ivy School education. Dad went to Yale (and Barmore was headed there). FBS schools showed interest including UConn and UVA (which makes me think that's were the renewed interest/check-in generated from). He's a big solid kid!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No inside info here - my only sense is he maybe didn't impress... or he's a fall back to a fall back. It was reported that he qualified academically. There are times when the "very interested" isn't always mutual.;) Gotta wonder why Navy is his only bona fide FBS offer @ that size.
Theory... One OL spot left and the staff thought it would be Ratliff or Allen. Ratliff was preferred and got the offer. While Ratliff was deciding the staff got involved w/ Crozier who also rates above Allen.

Allen may still have a shot depending on how things go w/ Crozier and also what happens a/ Bradford

Thanks Medic and Rock,...hope we snag Crozier this weekend and Bradford-who knows might open up a spot for Allen.

Reaction Score
Supposedly going to Princeton. Had offers from UM, Mizziu, Vandy.

A kid with that size, strength and speed and he ends up at an Ivy league school? Really? Although his profile says he's a great student, guess he had similar goals to Linta.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Great link, I'll take Hunter Goldberg from Aquinas too! The kid plays fast and has a good nose for the ball. How could a program like that have so many kids without offers?

Saw him also...6'1" 218 really quick. You make a good point...one begins to wonder how many athletes/players are missed out there from all the different programs that haven't made it to the camps etc.... or are flying under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom