2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL... would love to see BD pull one out from Narduzzi/MSU.

6-0 190 Safety from Toms River South Toms River, NJ

Offers from Sparty, Indiana, UMass, Buffalo, ODU and Monmouth (how bout' that for a diverse group??)

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/882805/highlights/114263375
Interesting that MSU had their two big guns make a personal visit to Kearney and they did NOT come away with a commitment! The Huskies offer came two days later, according to 247. Love how Diaco is going after the Jersey kids!

1/23/2014: Mark Dantonio and Pat Narduzzi from Michigan State Spartans visits Otis Kearney

Reaction Score
Target list on who?? Links from Scout/Rivals don't normally work.
Marc Nolan (Blessed Trinity Catholic in Roswell, GA) and Jarrett Cervi (Millbrook in Raleigh, NC)... Very rare when you see Kickers (especially more than one) associated with us prior to signing day.

Reaction Score
OG from Ft Laurendale, FL. Attends St. Thomas Aquinas (believe Kyle S attended there). Seems he only has a preferred walk on offer from FAU(he is theirs to lose).

Ryan Crozier has offers from UConn, Houston, FAU, FIU, Miami Ohio and Sanford according to 247Sports (who has a composite score of 81 on him = 3*).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1240973/ryan-crozier

All-Broward Football: http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2014/01/29/22/12/1js e xQ.So.56.pdf

In this pic, #5 is the Houston Cougar Frosh QB stand-out O'Korn. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/rya...#photoid=2b363ede-f013-4dec-9b7e-abb19176b8bb == No surprise Houston has an offer out to him ;)

Read a story that said Ryan's cousin is Dan Connolly, OL for the New England Patriots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
VDiggs51:24pm via Twitter for Android
UConn or BSU #ToughDecision#ProsAndCons

BenBreinerTSP2:34pm via Web
Sounds like commit Vontae Diggs is mulling his UConn offer via his twitter. If he jumps that's a huge loss for BSU.

Milking it... :D

VDiggs5Jan 28, 10:09pm via web
I need reasons why I should join either the #HuskieFamor the #CardsFam I'm torn down the middle between both schools.. #AnyAdvice

VDiggs510:19pm via Twitter for Android
Decision comes out sometime tomorrow.#UConn #BSU.

Luke_Carrezola10:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
@VDiggs5 join the squad!#Huskies

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I need reasons why I should join either the #HuskieFamor the #CardsFam I'm torn down the middle between both schools.. #AnyAdvice

Reasons to join UCONN:

We are going to win big with this coach and very talented stable of QB's
RG3 called the Rent the loudest stadium he played in
A head coach known for his positive energy and inspiring speeches
Outstanding and very experienced coaching staff
Better competition in the AAC
Every game on national TV
Much bigger fan base
Better academic school with a great support staff
Better training facilities
UCONN has players drafted into the NFL every year
Our kickers room has been turned into an unlimited snack bar

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A late addition of Crozier would be great. Big kid. From the same school as Schafenacker. Hopefully they are best buds. Good to see Diaco and staff trying to build this team through the trenches. Get some big bodies into the progam beef em up and teach them how to block.

Anyone notice the size of the kids on that line?! They look like a college team!

Reaction Score

VDiggs510:19pm via Twitter for Android
Decision comes out sometime tomorrow.#UConn #BSU.

Luke_Carrezola10:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
@VDiggs5 join the squad!#Huskies

We should hit Vontae Diggs up with some tweets! I saw several BSU fans hitting him up earlier. Here are a couple of their tweets:

Rob Calhoun ‏@rmcalhoun2002Jan 28
@VDiggs5 You must have felt something about BSU to switch from Toledo. BSU has been with you from the beginning that means something

David Morrison ‏@DAVID_MORRISON_Jan 28
@VDiggs5 get to compete for conference championship every year. You'll play for some great coaches. Close to home. Great fan support. #bsu

Vontae said he's looking for reasons to attend one school over the other, so let's give him some! He said today could be decision day, so let's hit him up on Twitter now, if you can!

Reaction Score
We should hit Vontae Diggs up with some tweets! I saw several BSU fans hitting him up earlier. Here are a couple of their tweets:

Rob Calhoun ‏@rmcalhoun2002Jan 28
@VDiggs5 You must have felt something about BSU to switch from Toledo. BSU has been with you from the beginning that means something

David Morrison ‏@DAVID_MORRISON_Jan 28
@VDiggs5 get to compete for conference championship every year. You'll play for some great coaches. Close to home. Great fan support. #bsu

Vontae said he's looking for reasons to attend one school over the other, so let's give him some! He said today could be decision day, so let's hit him up on Twitter now, if you can!
If he's going to be influenced by the tweets of fans rather than what HCBD and his staff have said to him and what UConn has to offer, we don't need him.

Reaction Score
I sent one to him this morning. @bnich0622
Awesome! It truly sounds like he's looking to be convinced. Metsfan2323's summary was very good above. If he were to send his post to Vontae as a tweet, it could really highlight the differences between the two programs.

Reaction Score
If he's going to be influenced by the tweets of fans rather than what HCBD and his staff have said to him and what UConn has to offer, we don't need him.
Then I'd say you don't know much about kids facing the biggest decision they've had to make in their lives. When it's clear cut choice, they don't need much help. When it's last minute, and they see things as balanced, they're looking for practically any reason to choose one school over another.

I'm also wondering if you're a troll from BSU as well (2 posts and you choose to weigh in on this topic??). Any true UConn fan would not be admonishing a young kid looking seriously at our program.

Reaction Score

Get over yourself, we need every athlete we can get.

Reaction Score
Then I'd say you don't know much about kids facing the biggest decision they've had to make in their lives. When it's clear cut choice, they don't need much help. When it's last minute, and they see things as balanced, they're looking for practically any reason to choose one school over another.

I'm also wondering if you're a troll from BSU as well (2 posts and you choose to weigh in on this topic??). Any true UConn fan would not be admonishing a young kid looking seriously at our program.
Just because my opinion doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean I'm a troll. I'm actually a former UConn football player. It's a brotherhood. If Vontae would like to join our brotherhood it should be because of what the staff has sold to him, not some tweets. Although, I hope the staff is tweeting him.

Reaction Score
Just because my opinion doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean I'm a troll. I'm actually a former UConn football player. It's a brotherhood. If Vontae would like to join our brotherhood it should be because of what the staff has sold to him, not some tweets. Although, I hope the staff is tweeting him.
I'll agree with you that what the coaches are saying to him should be the most important thing. But that isn't the only thing that factors into kids decisions. In the era of social media, maybe the feedback this kid gets from the fans is important to him. I'm not saying it would influence my decision if it were me, but I'm sure not going to say that he's someone we don't want... just because of that!

Reaction Score

Welcome to the boneyard KennyD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits