2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 42 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One more time - Nice Great weekend so far!!

Updated:

LB- Chris Britton (Harrisburg HS, PA) - January
DB- Jamar Summers (Prep @ Milford Academy) (Orange NJ)

QB- Logan Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT)
RB- Arkeel Newsome (Ansonia CT)
RB - Bryce McAllister (Suffield Academy)
RB/LB - Ron Johnson (Palmetto Ridge HS, Naples FL)
TE - Alec Bloom (Ligonier Valley PA)
WR - Anthony Watkins (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)

OL- Trey Rutherford (Kent School CT)
OL - Lamont Bradford (Timber Creek HS NJ)
OL - Steve Hashemi (St Joe's Trumbull CT)

DT/OG- Sheriden Lawley (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)
DE/TE- Luke Carrezola (Neshaminy, PA)
LB/DE- Tom Rodrick (Leicester, MA)

*Becoming concerned about Bradford - academics rumored to still be a question and he wasn't allowed/permitted up this week w/ the others.

Pretty much confirms what side of the ball Luke Carrazola (6-3 243lb) will be playing (from a JB @ TOS recap of visit:

>>Obviously his time with Coach Bob Diaco was one of the highlights of the weekend. "I believe in what he is going to do," said Carrezola. "Our team is going to be something great. He is very energetic and passionate about the game of football. Just by the way he carries himself and speaks to the whole group you know that we are going to be headed in the right direction."

Along with Coach Diaco, Carrezola also spent some time with his position coach, Vincent Brown. "He seems like a very good coach," he said. "He played linebacker for the Patriots and was nicknamed "The Undertaker." I am very excited to start working with someone that knows so much about the game."<<

Reaction Score
I had this bookmarked from last week but forgot to post...

Nick Apostolu a 6-5 290/307lb (depending on site) OG/DT from Springfield High School in Springfield PA (just west of Philly). Had visited UConn during spring practice and for summer camp. No clue where he stands (does know Lineburg from Richmond days but no offer that I can find). If for nothing else but a quick laugh - watch some of the video. Have no clue on competition level of all the teams on video but appears to be a man amongst boys. Couple of "Michael Oher " Blindside to the fence type blocks (not comparing talent level).

Senior season video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/147681/highlights/69360393?autoplay=1

Honorable Mention Offensive Lineman on 2013 All-EasternPAFootball.com Big School Team (Class AAAA-Class AAA) - Luke Carrezola was 1st team tight end.

Reaction Score

Nick Apostolu a 6-5 290/307lb (depending on site) OG/DT from Springfield High School in Springfield PA (just west of Philly). Had visited UConn during spring practice and for summer camp. No clue where he stands (does know Lineburg from Richmond days but no offer that I can find). If for nothing else but a quick laugh - watch some of the video. Have no clue on competition level of all the teams on video but appears to be a man amongst boys. Couple of "Michael Oher " Blindside to the fence type blocks (not comparing talent level).

Senior season video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/147681/highlights/69360393?autoplay=1

Honorable Mention Offensive Lineman on 2013 All-EasternPAFootball.com Big School Team (Class AAAA-Class AAA) - Luke Carrezola was 1st team tight end.

Those highlights do provide some great laughs. Maybe because of the size of his competition but he looks about 6-7 350 out there. He seems to have a good motor and I like the way he mauls his opponent but his feet are wicked slow.....

Reaction Score
Well, we know Diaco was in NJ and now reports that someone was in Texas:

mattwixon4:00pm via web
I was just talking with Plano coach McCullough, and UConn recruiter was there. RT @DamonSayles Plano's @samteck82 reports offer from #UConn.

(info on Sam Tecklenburg is in the pinned 2015 thread)
We haven't had the best of luck recently with Plano Kids (much to my chagrin)

Reaction Score

Perhaps someone from Plano South (Tecklenburg) as opposed to Plano East will provide us with a little more luck (still wish our last East kid was on roster though, who knows how the competition would be at that position this spring).

Reaction Score

Perhaps someone from Plano South (Tecklenburg) as opposed to Plano East will provide us with a little more luck (still wish our last East kid was on roster though, who knows how the competition would be at that position this spring).

Same school/same team... Plano Senior High School Wildcats. McCullough was RL's coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Those highlights do provide some great laughs. Maybe because of the size of his competition but he looks about 6-7 350 out there. He seems to have a good motor and I like the way he mauls his opponent but his feet are wicked slow.....
I was thinking the same thing. His footwork needs a lot of work, but he is a high school kid so that is to be expected. You can't teach size and he seems to have a nasty streak...always a plus with big lineman.

Reaction Score
http://www.recruit757.com/peace-enjoys-ur-visit/

University of Richmond was recruiting Peace the hardest and Wayne Linburg was his main recruiter. So UConn has that connection. Hopefully the draw of Diaco and a fresh start for UConn overcomes the proximity to home of the sinking ship at UVA.

Chris Peace of Denbigh is heating up!
http://www.recruit757.com/peace-picks-new-offers/

>>Coach John Wiley is recruiting Chris for East Carolina and Coach Wayne Lineburg, formerly of the University of Richmond, is now recruiting Peace for UConn. Chris visited the University of Richmond back in November.

In addition to all of this new found interest and the new found offers, Chris added an offer this morning from a school that had every intention of attending Monday’s Senior Showcase, but they missed the event. Assistant Coach Tripp Weaver at The Citadel offered Chris this morning.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My bad if this was posted earlier.. looks like this kid also wrestles and is currently up to 285lbs... listed at only 6'1 241lbs on rivals.

New Jersey Herald
‏@NJHerald
8h
PJ's Noa Merritt decommits from Western Michigan as BC, Temple, UConn take interest http://Post original url/1dXQnJH @PopeJohnLions

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Love the kids combo is size and speed. Not tall, but appears to carry his weight very well. Gets upfield into the back field to disrupt the passer and running game. Showcases a bunch of moves and sheds blockers well. I like what I see there.

I agree, this kid's video has some wow factor to it. He would be a huge get.

Reaction Score
Chachi Theodore ‏@bmats 9m
Interest update for 2014 Woodland Hills DE Julian Rochelin: Boise St, USC, Oregon, SDSU, Mich St, Louisville, Uconn, Cincinatti.

Former basketball player turned DE. 6-6 225.
Love the name Chachi, along with the measurables... Makes me think Happy Days... Ooops Chachi's the reporter... my bad... still this Rochelin kid would look good come off the edge on our D with that length...

Reaction Score
Chachi Theodore ‏@bmats 9m
Interest update for 2014 Woodland Hills DE Julian Rochelin: Boise St, USC, Oregon, SDSU, Mich St, Louisville, Uconn, Cincinatti.

Former basketball player turned DE. 6-6 225.

First year of playing football since Pop Warner!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-turned-quarterback-nightmare-julian-rochelin

His father, Charles, played basketball at UCLA, and was in the same class of 89′ with Pooh Richardson and Reggie Miller.

*Just like seeing UConn listed amongst USC, Oregon and Michigan State for football recruiting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Feet work look bit off-although he appears slow-quickness can be improved at the next level (take it from somebody -me-who had 2 speeds... slow and stop)-saw him completely dominating inside. I think of him as a center controlling a nose and inside of interior line. really nasty kid. ton of potential or controlling the middle if he went to the other side of the ball. Looked bigger than 295/307....more like 330. Huge upside especially with a coach like Foley.

Reaction Score
I don't know. He looks like he needs a ton of work with his footwork, balance and pad level. He would get abused by Dlinemen at this level who would get him leaning in one direction or the other. Would probably benefit from a year in prep school where he could work on those things and take off some of the bad weight. Hashemi's video looked much more impressive in terms of athleticism.

Reaction Score

First year of playing football since Pop Warner!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-turned-quarterback-nightmare-julian-rochelin

His father, Charles, played basketball at UCLA, and was in the same class of 89′ with Pooh Richardson and Reggie Miller.

*Just like seeing UConn listed amongst USC, Oregon and Michigan State for football recruiting.

Out of that list of schools I think he'd have a seriously better shot at seeing the field earlier with us... yeah, biased opinion, but this kid breeds upside upside upside.. and the other school mentioned typically grab the kids that are already experienced. Would be a major recruiting coup to get him to Storrs imo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom