2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 41 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nmamdi Egbuaba LB OUT of Baltimore to visit on 1/31/14. Listed at 6'1" 215lbs. Recruited by coach Poindexter. Source is rivals.
Looks like a good prospect! Tricky first name is actually spelled Nnamdi. 24-7 says he has offers from Virginia, Maryland, and UConn. It also says he has visits planned to Maryland on 1/24 and Virginia on 1/31. Maybe he'll be visiting both schools on the weekend of the 31st? Not sure. Couldn't see any visit info on Rivals, do you have to be a member to access that?

Reaction Score
Looks like a good prospect! Tricky first name is actually spelled Nnamdi. 24-7 says he has offers from Virginia, Maryland, and UConn. It also says he has visits planned to Maryland on 1/24 and Virginia on 1/31. Maybe he'll be visiting both schools on the weekend of the 31st? Not sure. Couldn't see any visit info on Rivals, do you have to be a member to access that?
Rivals article says that Coach AP is recruiting him the hardest, and that he is leaning toward visiting UConn on 1/31, over UVA.

Sick numbers too, 19 sacks. New to the game and thus a late bloomer but is getting high major attention/offers late.

Reaction Score
Nmamdi Egbuaba LB OUT of Baltimore to visit on 1/31/14. Listed at 6'1" 215lbs. Recruited by coach Poindexter. Source is rivals.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2195957/highlights/44007878

He's not sure on visiting UVA

>>According to his high school head coach Messay Hailemariam, Connecticut assistant coach Anthony Poindexter has shown more interest than any coach so far, which is why Egbuaba is currently leaning towards visiting UConn over Virginia. However, he went on to add that there are a few additional schools that could potentially offer in the next two weeks.<<

Miami, UNC, Duke and ODU showing interest as well.

Review from Chesapeake Bowl camp this past summer:

Nnamdi Egbuaba, LB, St. Frances (Md)
"A hybrid type defender, the 6-foot-1, 216-pounder who is being courted by Miami, Old Dominion, Duke, Maryland and Marshall showed freakish athletic ability as he worked out at running back, linebacker and defensive line and stood out amongst each group. He's a thick kid without being stiff who showed capable of using his strength when needed but also showed the bend to outmaneuver opponents as well. He seemed to be one of the more popular players at the event largely because he was a high energy kid who not only worked hard himself but pushed others to match his level."

Reaction Score
One site has an offer from Oklahoma also. Would think that MD would be the competition if he is already waffling on UVA. London may be a lame duck like Flood at Rutgers

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we are in on the local kid, Keith Benjamin(?), from Windsor. He was a recruited DE/DT. Just wondering if anyone in CT knows his status. Did he have an offer from the last staff and is it still a valid, dare i say "commitable", offer?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we are in on the local kid, Keith Benjamin(?), from Windsor. He was a recruited DE/DT. Just wondering if anyone in CT knows his status. Did he have an offer from the last staff and is it still a valid, dare i say "commitable", offer?

He has an offer from UConn (and CCSU). All offers from previous staff were to be honored per WM and Coach D. Not sure what Benjamin is thinking though - at one point I heard he verbal'd but have never seen anything else "official".

Reaction Score
Soun

>>According to his high school head coach Messay Hailemariam, Connecticut assistant coach Anthony Poindexter has shown more interest than any coach so far, which is why Egbuaba is currently leaning towards visiting UConn over Virginia. However, he went on to add that there are a few additional schools that could potentially offer in the next two weeks.<<

"A hybrid type defender, the 6-foot-1, 216-pounder who is being courted by Miami, Old Dominion, Duke, Maryland and Marshall showed freakish athletic ability as he worked out at running back, linebacker and defensive line and stood out amongst each group. He's a thick kid without being stiff who showed capable of using his strength when needed but also showed the bend to outmaneuver opponents as well. He seemed to be one of the more popular players at the event largely because he was a high energy kid who not only worked hard himself but pushed others to match his level."

Sounds like his energy bucket is very full!

Reaction Score

He has an offer from UConn (and CCSU). All offers from previous staff were to be honored per WM and Coach D. Not sure what Benjamin is thinking though - at one point I heard he verbal'd but have never seen anything else "official".

I knew I read something/somewhere - took me a bit to find it.

I have not seen anything else about him coming to UConn anywhere else but in this WFSB 3 piece from back in Nov.

http://apmobile.worldnow.com/story/23853928/friday-night-football

Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Looks like we're recruiting 'outside our boundaries'... we're now being linked to '14 WR recruit Don'yeh Patterson out of Cali

Adam Gorney ‏@adamgorney 33m
#UW #Indiana #Kansas #UConn and others interested in Don'yeh Patterson http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1600703&PT=4&PR=2…

Reaction Score
Looks like we're recruiting 'outside our boundaries'... we're now being linked to '14 WR recruit Don'yeh Patterson out of Cali

Adam Gorney ‏@adamgorney 33m
#UW #Indiana #Kansas #UConn and others interested in Don'yeh Patterson http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1600703&PT=4&PR=2…

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1676790/highlights/29216586

>>Other than Washington, Patterson said Boise State, UConn, Kansas, Indiana, Utah and Vanderbilt continue to show interest as signing day gets closer.<<

Last edited:

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

He has officials set up for UConn, Maryland, UVA, and Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
He has officials set up for UConn, Maryland, UVA, and Oklahoma.
I like our chances with this kid for some reason... AND I think we'd be the best option of the bunch for his future... LOVE the fact that he's a bit of a self motivator who motivates others. EXACTLY what we need.

Reaction Score
One more time - Nice Great weekend so far!!

Updated:

LB- Chris Britton (Harrisburg HS, PA) - January Enrollee?
DB- Jamar Summers (Prep @ Milford Academy) (Orange NJ) - January Enrollee?

QB- Logan Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT)
RB- Arkeel Newsome (Ansonia CT)
RB - Bryce McAllister (Suffield Academy)
RB/LB - Ron Johnson (Palmetto Ridge HS, Naples FL)
TE - Alec Bloom (Ligonier Valley PA)
WR - Anthony Watkins (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)

OL- Trey Rutherford (Kent School CT)
OL - Lamont Bradford (Timber Creek HS NJ)
OL - Steve Hashemi (St Joe's Trumbull CT)

DT/OG- Sheriden Lawley (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)
DE/TE- Luke Carrezola (Neshaminy, PA)
LB/DE- Tom Rodrick (Leicester, MA)

*Becoming concerned about Bradford - academics rumored to still be a question and he wasn't allowed/permitted up this week w/ the others.

NHRJimFuller3:36pm via TweetDeck
It's official, LB Chris Britton and CB Jamar Summers enrolled at #UConn Post original url/1c4dNN6

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Which weekend is he going to OU?

I don't know, the article didn't say. Apparently he visits MD on the 24th and UVA on the 31th so I would assume in between those dates, maybe..

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller3:36pm via TweetDeck
It's official, LB Chris Britton and CB Jamar Summers enrolled at #UConn Post original url/1c4dNN6

Even more official :)
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012214aaa.html

"The UConn football team is proud to welcome these two fine young men to our family," said UConn head football coach Bob Diaco. "Our veteran players and our coaching staff will immediately begin to help them with the transition to becoming members of the UConn student body and our athletic department's culture."

Reaction Score
Below is link to an interview Chris Britton gave to ESPN's NittanyNation. It might have been posted, but I don't remember seeing it. It's amusing to see the interviewer keep trying to steer him into talking about Penn State. Apparently big into basketball, should fit in well at UConn.

Reaction Score
SOunds like he doesn't even love football. He was/is a basketball player. He likes football but wants to get more into it.

Reaction Score
SOunds like he doesn't even love football. He was/is a basketball player. He likes football but wants to get more into it.

He must be a good athlete or he he wouldn't have be recruited by a few D1 programs. Maybe he's got incredible upside like Brimah.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think the staff wants another wide receiver with some size in this class. That along with a linebacker on the outside seem like big wants by the staff

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

If I recall correctly, Britton started football late. He wasn't on anyone's radar until he had an explosive senior season (I recall his tape being pretty good). That interview with him is a little old. I believe Blidi Wreh-Wilson was also late to football, started with soccer first and it worked out well for him.

We need to have some depth behind Ashiru, Stewart and Vann. Hopefully Britton is part of that second line of depth along with Junior Joseph from last year and Jon Hicks from two years ago. For additional depth, there is always the chance we move Walsh or Clax from FB to LB too...as a back up if we have injuries and other depletion issues.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the staff wants another wide receiver with some size in this class. That along with a linebacker on the outside seem like big wants by the staff

Yeah, I'd liked to see us get a center (what's our depth chart at center?), another LB, a DB and tall WR to round out the class. I wouldn't refuse a true DT either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom