2014 C Paschal Chukwu Articles & Video | The Boneyard

2014 C Paschal Chukwu Articles & Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very weird as to why they denied to list the schools recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Not weird at all - more kids should tell these bloggers to go pound sand.

The more schools he lists, the more his phone rings.

Whatever the list is, as he takes visits, it'll all come into focus.
Yea but in a players perspective, who cares. If you have high majors on you it may make some more take a look at you. Wouldn't you want 10 high majors after you rather than 5 and 5 mid majors?

Reaction Score
Pc cooley train is all over him. They want this kid and abu

Reaction Score
Pc cooley train is all over him. They want this kid and abu

Speaking of the Cooley train, Sidiki Johnson has been working out in my NY gym the past several months. Probably safe to say he didn't leave PC in good academic standing.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Yea but in a players perspective, who cares. If you have high majors on you it may make some more take a look at you. Wouldn't you want 10 high majors after you rather than 5 and 5 mid majors?
Are you suggesting other high majors don't already know about an athletic 7'2 kid playing on the AAU circuit???!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I assure you that high-majors are not relying on a halfwit with a blog for their recruiting analysis.

Reaction Score
I know its only a recruiting video but this guy looks better offensively and more coordinated then Thabeet ever was. Seems like he has better hands, a nice jump shot, and he could put the ball on the floor.

Reaction Score
I know its only a recruiting video but this guy looks better offensively and more coordinated then Thabeet ever was. Seems like he has better hands, a nice jump shot, and he could put the ball on the floor.

Check out the baseline move at 1:24 or so, that's impressive athleticism for his early stages of offense. He is long as hell, athletic - we need to keep him home!!! Imagine a couple of years in the system and some weight on this kid........yikes!

Reaction Score

I have been saying this for awhile. I saw some clips from a the same game (i.e. highlights, but not season highlights) and he looked great as an early season junior. These were clips from last fall, and he looked great.

Reaction Score
I went to Prep and live in the area. I saw no less than 5 of his games this past season including 2 reg season games vs Hillhouse and the State Championship game at Mohegan. Pascal can ball. as everyone as said super long but agile and good hands/feet. He's very coordinated, but his shot-blocking is unreal. Hillhouse has a kid Chase Daniels 6'9 that couldn't do anything vs Chukwu. He prob averaged 7 blocks a game. His offense definitely progressed as the year went on. CBC runs a good circuit (drummond kris dunn both alums of the program) so he's facing quality competition this summer. Hope he's hitting the weights this summer, never know how these kids handle themselves when just on their own. hopefully got good motivators in his camp. I saw Ollie at two of the games and Cooley came down as well. Someone tell Ed to . Blue nation we want this dude. Would love to see him in Storrs fall 2014.

Reaction Score
I should also add that Prep had a frosh this past year Ryan Murphy 6'1 shooting guard that averaged 12-13 a game. High basketball IQ, great handle and shot. With three years left of high school and the numerous AAU teams this kid plays on he's def someone to watch. He was on the 2012 US national developmental team. i see online in a couple places he's top 60 freshman in country or whatever. i don't look into those rankings at such a young age but having watched him with paschal he's another worth watching.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I should also add that Prep had a frosh this past year Ryan Murphy 6'1 shooting guard that averaged 12-13 a game. High basketball IQ, great handle and shot. With three years left of high school and the numerous AAU teams this kid plays on he's def someone to watch. He was on the 2012 US national developmental team. i see online in a couple places he's top 60 freshman in country or whatever. i don't look into those rankings at such a young age but having watched him with paschal he's another worth watching.

I spoke to Ryan last winter and he said most schools going after him are west coast schools (probably because he's from CA). But he might be a good pickup, I agree.

Reaction Score
The more I see of this kid the more I think he has to be the the #1 priority by a landslide, followed by a 2/3 after that. This kid is right down the street basically and could be the difference maker to get back to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
The more I see of this kid the more I think he has to be the the #1 priority by a landslide, followed by a 2/3 after that. This kid is right down the street basically and could be the difference maker to get back to the Final Four.

Two or three shot blocking freaks in the middle will spell death to opposing teams as Hamilton, Purvis, Calhoun and one other scoring freak rain down on their heads.

Reaction Score
i saw this kid on tv a couple months back and was very impressed. was a lot better than i thought he would be. this kid has superstar potential. he is athletic and tall. he really reminded me of lorenzen wright who went to memphis years ago.

Reaction Score
3 years playing basketball and look at the body of work! This could be a 7 foot Emeka..........love to see him in Storrs!

Reaction Score
I think this kid has great potential, and love the fact that he is in CT. That said- I think it is not a given the he will land in Storrs and the staff has a lot of ground to make up. I'm going to remain optimistic, but feel the yard needs to manage expectations on this one.

Reaction Score
We have no idea whats going on. It's fun to talk about who we might land but as in years past it could be "none of the above". We were not even talking about DH when he committed as an example. KO has a interesting opportunity in 2014- we have 2 players that are Mc D AA caliber and OC who will be a great player before all is said and done. IF I was a PG or big man and new I could get tons of PT from day one and would be on the court with those guys - well you have to figure we will at least be in the mix to pick up 1-2 more high caliber kids.

DOOMED!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
We have no idea whats going on. It's fun to talk about who we might land but as in years past it could be "none of the above". We were not even talking about DH when he committed as an example. KO has a interesting opportunity in 2014- we have 2 players that are Mc D AA caliber and OC who will be a great player before all is said and done. IF I was a PG or big man and new I could get tons of PT from day one and would be on the court with those guys - well you have to figure we will at least be in the mix to pick up 1-2 more high caliber kids.

DOOMED!!!!!!!

I agree. It is always fun to speculate and dream. Especially this time of year. What else do we really have to talk about. I would love to see somebody else commit over the next month so the rumor mill can get stoked once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom