19-20 Transfer Thread | The Boneyard

19-20 Transfer Thread

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Eh..... it was gonna happen. We can't keep a roster of 19 people together.

I just wished it was someone else, because Bre'Amber Scott was a personal favorite MSU player of mine. I just wonder if it was her choice or was Vic expecting another incoming recruit which resulted in this.

Reaction Score
Wow. This is early. She wasn't at the event Friday night so something must have happened.
Per her twitter, it looked like she was going through something rough.

Definitely opens a spot for Cardoso or Andrews.

Reaction Score

I just wished it was someone else, because Bre'Amber Scott was a personal favorite MSU player of mine. I just wonder if it was her choice or was Vic expecting another incoming recruit which resulted in this.
I think she saw writing on the wall, with the freshmen we have her playing time was going to be limited. Hope this does mean Vic making room for Cardoso or Andrews.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think she saw writing on the wall, with the freshmen we have her playing time was going to be limited. Hope this does mean Vic making room for Cardoso or Andrews.

There is no way Vic is doing this to make room for a recruit. What the heck kind of message does that send to recruits? A terrible one.

Reaction Score
She was a player I wondered about because I just don't see her getting any playing time the next two years. There's too much competition at her position. I'm thankful for all she did for us last year. She stepped up big in the first South Carolina game, and I hope she finds a good school to transfer to.

Reaction Score
There is no way Vic is doing this to make room for a recruit. What the heck kind of message does that send to recruits? A terrible one.
It is not. Unfortunately this has been a concern for a long while and the staff was hopeful she would stay. It is a personal issue that has nothing to do with basketball playing time. B Scott was a favored player by the staff as she was willing to fill a role without the need for accolades. Her departure will hurt MSU this season. B Scott and her family are great people and she is a great player.

Reaction Score
I misspoke. I am certain Vic did not “make room” for a potential recruit but I would believe he was honest with her and told her other players were going to get playing time at her position. The player makes the decision to transfer but for those players wanting to play rather than sit on bench then transfer is certainly an option. That has happened with other players, including UConn players, and it will happen in the future.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
It looks like a personal issue to me too.

I think her transfer destination will ultimately tell us why she decided to transfer. If it's in Arkansas, it sounds extremely likely that it was a personal issue.

This is the 3rd MSU transfer in October in the last 2 years. And the 4th to transfer before the season began (or 1 game into the year) in the last 3 years. That should tell you something.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Now that I know anything, but Oklahoma State could be a school close to home for her.

Reaction Score

I mean correct me if I’m wrong but this is the the fourth player in the last two years...

Reaction Score
I mean correct me if I’m wrong but this is the the fourth player in the last two years...
One was not qualifying and one left for personal issues and took a year away.

I’ll be interested to see where she ends up. Her finalists were Arkansas State and Southern Miss. Typically a near 40-50-80 shooter who averaged 7.1 PPG off the bench isn’t forced off, but you never know...

Reaction Score
Xaria Wiggins will be next if she doesn’t get playing time before the new players

Reaction Score
There was talk of a personal issue with Bre last spring. I never knew how much to believe, but now I'm wondering if there was something to it. I guess we'll never know.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Vic would push her out because she was a favorite of his. In any instance, I hope she finds a good place to land, and this all works our for her.

Reaction Score
I am sorry to hear that she is leaving, regardless of the circumstances. She had some good games over the season and she was another veteran player who could help the team. I won't speculate why she's leaving, just that I wish her well. I like to this my former school is above certain tactics but I'm sure very few people know exactly what happened.

I tend to think most coaches (most) wouldn't ask a student athlete to leave if they were making progress academically, participating in in workouts, being a positive influence for teammates, or generally holding up their end of the bargain on being a student athlete even if they weren't the most talented player. Still I am not so clueless to think it doesn't happen.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow bummed to hear, hope she is okay. She'll be a good pickup for whoever lands her. Was looking forward to her being a rotation player this year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

That would be pretty horrible if Vic forced her out to take another recruit. Very bad. Vic doesn't strike me as that kind of coach...

Don't get me wrong - coaches ask/tell players to leave all the time. Geno has done it several times. But not to create a spot for another recruit. Kids who were asked to leave were chemistry problems, or not following rules, or not keeping up with academics, etc.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
That would be pretty horrible if Vic forced her out to take another recruit. Very bad. Vic doesn't strike me as that kind of coach...

He didn't force her out. If there's a roster space problem, it wouldn't be Bre'Amber as the sacrificial lamb. Whoever loses the primary minutes between Jessika Carter and Promise Taylor is probably as good as gone next year. There is no space for the center position for 4 or 5 players.

Besides, Bre's twitter posted on Oct 2 sounds like there's a family issue aspect to this. And on Oct 3rd, she was seen back in practice doing swimming drills.

Untitled.jpg

And there ya have it. The Vic Schaefer Hunger Games have begun. In with the new, out with the old.

For once, me and you are on the same page.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Don't get me wrong - coaches ask/tell players to leave all the time. Geno has done it several times. But not to create a spot for another recruit. Kids who were asked to leave were chemistry problems, or not following rules, or not keeping up with academics, etc.

If he did force a player out, he wouldn't have picked her considering she was very good last year and likely would've been a 20mpg type of player this season.

Reaction Score
Those four players were
Daphane White - Very talented post player. She left the team without ever starting, no reason given but speculation was she was ”difficult to coach”.

Iggy Allen - Talented but serious injury. Transferred to Miami and if she has finally healed will be asset to Miami.

Nyah Tate - Role player, never really saw much playing time. No reason given for transfer but speculation playing time was the issue.

Bre Amber Scott - Talented but never a starter. Vic Shaffer type player, tough and competitive. No reason given for transfer. Speculation was playing time or personal issues.

The only one of these player who may have been asked to leave was Daphane White. Daphane was highly recruited and would have been a real asset to MSST.

Vic is player coach and I am certain he did not want to see Bre Amber transfer, she fit the Dillingham mode and although Dom was not the most talented player MSST had she was a fan favorite.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Those four players were
Daphane White - Very talented post player. She left the team without ever starting, no reason given but speculation was she was ”difficult to coach”.

Iggy Allen - Talented but serious injury. Transferred to Miami and if she has finally healed will be asset to Miami.

Nyah Tate - Role player, never really saw much playing time. No reason given for transfer but speculation playing time was the issue.

Bre Amber Scott - Talented but never a starter. Vic Shaffer type player, tough and competitive. No reason given for transfer. Speculation was playing time or personal issues.

The only one of these player who may have been asked to leave was Daphane White. Daphane was highly recruited and would have been a real asset to MSST.

Vic is player coach and I am certain he did not want to see Bre Amber transfer, she fit the Dillingham mode and although Dom was not the most talented player MSST had she was a fan favorite.

And the only one of those who left due to playing time was Allen. She was injured for a year, and came back on a team totally different with about 7 or 8 new players. One of those cases I suspect that "expectations turned out differently." Ameysha Williams left because she was having a child and took some years off from basketball.

And Bre was a lot more talented than Dillingham - but of course we weren't reeling in top 20 recruits during Dom's time here.

Reaction Score
Those four players were

You forgot Jonika Garvin who left the team after a short stint on the bench and Ameysha Williams who randomly disappeared. It all just seem a little sketchy to me. In any case we’ll never know why she left so I guess we leave it at that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom