19-20 Transfer Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

19-20 Transfer Thread

Reaction Score
The NCAA already has a bunch of degree progress completion requirements, incentives & punishments . Personally I don't think these guidelines are strong enough. My model would be much simpler: Graduate a student athlete and you get to open up a scholarship next year for an incoming player.
Division I Progress-Toward-Degree Requirements
I’m in favor of the grad transfer rule. I am not trying to be argumentative to your position but would love to hear the reasons you do not appear to be in favor of it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m in favor of the grad transfer rule. I am not trying to be argumentative to your position but would love to hear the reasons you do not appear to be in favor of it.
I'm definitely in favor of the current transfer rule. I have applauded the players that have taken advantage of the rule to graduate on time or early with a completed degree. Remember Danni Williams-I wanted her to come to UCONN last season instead she wasted her time down in Texas.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Speaking of University of Texas, Karisma Ortiz's petition to play immediately was denied. If you remember, the former California high school star signed with Penn State, played one year as a freshman and then left following Coach Coquese Washington's release. So, in this instance, the change in coaching staffs seemed to have no postive bearing for the request.

According to this article below, courtesy of Raoul's website:
"After spending her freshman year at Penn State, Ortiz moved onto Texas in May. Texas had appealed to the NCAA in an effort to get the six-foot guard on the court this season, but that waiver was officially denied on Wednesday. This news comes a week after a similar decision was made about Destiny Littleton, who transferred from Texas to South Carolina.
“This decision is not surprising,” UT coach Karen Aston said in a statement.

Reaction Score

Will be interested to see where she ends up and if her story ever gets out. Her mother is still incredibly pro-MSU on twitter, so safe to say nothing bad happened there I think.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
DeCosta transfers to Loyola Marymount.

1574005089436.png

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
LMU coach, Charity Elliot, is a solid coach. LMU beat UCLA and Arizona last year.
It is not a bad place to wind up, IMO.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm stunned. Figured if DeCosta was going to return to the West Coast, it would be a Pac 12 school. WCC has had a few high profile transfers before, but I think this is probably the biggest?

Reaction Score
Has Deja Kelly announced?

shes announcing Monday. She has ND in her final 5 but MM has already spoke about her recruiting class so I’m thinking she isn’t going there. Any thoughts on where??

Reaction Score
I didn’t think it was that crazy if DeCosta wound up at Pacific with her buddy Kakala but I kept thinking nah. Guess I was closer to being right than I thought. Same conference.

Reaction Score
I'm stunned. Figured if DeCosta was going to return to the West Coast, it would be a Pac 12 school. WCC has had a few high profile transfers before, but I think this is probably the biggest?
Think you’re right. Some others Valerie Higgens #15, Retta Kakala #25, Gabby Green #11 and others I’m sure I’m missing. Higgens has been pretty good, Green was ok I guess at LMU but not what you would expect. I have no idea why Kakala isn’t in Pacific’s lineup yet.

Reaction Score

NC is going to have some nice talent to work with over the coming years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What, no meme?

well no offense to the young lady, but I looked up her stats... only averaged 0.8 pts and 0.6 rebounds per game. I dont think that's worthy of any graphics. Now watch her drop 30 and 20 on Duke's head in the coming years. :oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

This is a nice get for coach Kieger. She was Villanova's second-leading scorer as a junior at 13.8 ppg; it had been announced earlier she'd be redshirting this year due to injury. Presumably a grad transfer.

Villanova has been overall the best team in the state of Pennsylvania over the past several years, but that appears to be changing fast.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a nice get for coach Kieger. She was Villanova's second-leading scorer as a junior at 13.8 ppg; it had been announced earlier she'd be redshirting this year due to injury. Presumably a grad transfer.

Villanova has been overall the best team in the state of Pennsylvania over the past several years That appears to be changing fast.
And sadly, it’s not my hometown Pitt Panthers changing that... Would have much rather Pitt gotten Kieger than Lance White, but oh well.

Reaction Score
And sadly, it’s not my hometown Pitt Panthers changing that... Would have much rather Pitt gotten Kieger than Lance White, but oh well.
No doubt I’d take Kieger over White but White isn’t a bad coach. He just may not be able to recruit at Pitt. I root for Pitt until they play Boston College or Lville. Pitt players play hard under White. Not fair they have to play L’ville twice a year every year and not a patsy. ACC added conference games and Lville and ND now play twice like it should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom