19-20 MBB Schedule Release! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

19-20 MBB Schedule Release!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Sadly, even when you join up with the BE again, there will be a few 9pm games. Each team has a couple, usually on a Tues or Wed when FS1 does double header BE nights. First game starts at 7pm EST and the second around 9pm. Although they've started to move more of those to 6:30 and 8:30.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a 9PM tip in a road game in central time zone. It's understandable.

9PM midweek against Tulane? Ef you AAC.

Reaction Score
Everyone gets up in arms about the schedule and locations. We all knew we were playing in this garbage basketball conference.
The AAC controls the OOC schedule and the godawful start times for those games?

Reaction Score
Absolutely nothing wrong with a 9PM tip in a road game in central time zone. It's understandable.

9PM midweek against Tulane? Ef you AAC.
The old big east had 9pm tip offs at Hartford I went to several.

Reaction Score
Im late to the party on the schedule. First, I noticed one exhibition game instead of two, does that mean we have a “secret” scrimmage at some point?
Good call. I bet that is the case. Didn't they do that last year? Harvard?

C

Chief00

Thanks for nothing DB the db
Looks like the head idiot and his minions threw darts at a calendar with dates and start times
As usual his aim is untrue
This idiot has to go and soon - does Miss Suzie have room in her Stamford condo?
The XL schedule is a crap show - hopefully full of early season Ws but where are the competitive matches? Thank God for Memphis
When all you can do is argue about the reasons or excuses for bad results it usually means the level of competency is very low. True, we are sometimes dealt bad hands but good people overcome bad circumstances. This isn’t happening and there appears to be zero accountability.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I hate this schedule but then I remember at this time next year we will be debating whether Nova, Xavier, Butler, Marquette should be at Gampel or XL.

Reaction Score
And the Gavitt games and Big 12 challenge. I'm assuming one of those will be a home game.
And Im not sure if theres been any talk on what early season tournament we will be in next year, but I think we are in the rotation for Atlantis and Maui soon.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The AAC controls the OOC schedule and the godawful start times for those games?
Why would the AAC help us out with start times?

Reaction Score
This is BS. For a decade, me and 3 alumni go up on a Saturday and go to Ted’s for a Sat 4 or 7 game then go back to Ted’s after and stay at Nathan Hale Inn. Not possible on a Sunday. Maybe go up for one of the Sunday games and go to Ted’s pre-game, but will have to go home after instead of making a fun night of it...
Wait another year...it's one of the reasons
we should all be celebrating leaving this cr@p conference.

Reaction Score
Sunday games are bad why????
The fall ones are tough - they compete against any football you want to watch. But after football, who cares. Going live it’s hard if you live out of area.
The NFL has made Sunday games a thing, though!

Reaction Score
Nova Saturday home games at Wells Fargo Center (home of the Sixers too) include Kansas, Georgetown, UConn, Creighton, Seton Hall, and Providence.

WFC is updated for this year and seats 20,500. This will be a nice "welcome back to the Big East" game.

UConn at Nova is an easy road trip. C'mon down, enjoy a breakfast tailgate and postgame in the city. Grab an evening Flyers game if that's your thing, or just enjoy the city. Head home Sunday morning and be back in time for the AFC Championship Game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Everyone gets up in arms about the schedule and locations. We all knew we were playing in this garbage basketball conference.
Agree. We knew the opponents and the limitations ESPN has with theAAC conference for time slots.

It’s a good thing biatching is free.

Reaction Score
AAC definitely sticking it to us with that schedule. Can't wait for Big East Saturday nights!

Reaction Score
Nova Saturday home games at Wells Fargo Center (home of the Sixers too) include Kansas, Georgetown, UConn, Creighton, Seton Hall, and Providence.

WFC is updated for this year and seats 20,500. This will be a nice "welcome back to the Big East" game.

UConn at Nova is an easy road trip. C'mon down, enjoy a breakfast tailgate and postgame in the city. Grab an evening Flyers game if that's your thing, or just enjoy the city. Head home Sunday morning and be back in time for the AFC Championship Game.

I've been looking at tickets for this game since I live an hour outside Philly. I've never been in the Wells Fargo Center though, is it worth it to pay $200+ per seat to be in the lower level, or are seats in the upper level still good seats?

Reaction Score
I've been looking at tickets for this game since I live an hour outside Philly. I've never been in the Wells Fargo Center though, is it worth it to pay $200+ per seat to be in the lower level, or are seats in the upper level still good seats?
Upper Level are still good seats, especially on the sides. The Flyers also call it home so end seats get further from the basketball floor.

Those $200 lowers will be cheaper on the secondary market as the game approaches.

Reaction Score
I find the team did a nice job mixing in quality OOC opportunities where they only play five true cupcakes this year, with quality teams breaking up these games.

Starting the season with SHU/St. Joe's (two true cupcakes) but then Florida, Buffalo and whatever else the Charleston Classic brings.

Following that, they have Maine (true cupcake), a very good offensive team in Iona and then the game against Indiana at MSG.

After Indiana, they have their last streak of true cupcakes in Saint Peter's and UNH followed by a solid NJIT program to warm them up before starting AAC games with Cincy and USF.

Not bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom