13th Scholarship Player - Apostolos Roumoglou - 6'7 G - Greece | Page 5 | The Boneyard

13th Scholarship Player - Apostolos Roumoglou - 6'7 G - Greece

Reaction Score
Talent wise Durant is still there but he's not in my top 3 anymore and probably not in my top 5 anymore, he's a cancer to any team at this point.
I agree he is. But he has the winning pedigree. If I'm going for a Championship, I'm taking Durant over Luka right now.

Reaction Score
I agree he is. But he has the winning pedigree. If I'm going for a Championship, I'm taking Durant over Luka right now.
I'll take Doncic, he just took a team of Jalen Brunson and a bunch of scrubs to the Western Conference finals. Durant won it all by joining a team of Hall of Famers who already won it all and had the best regular season record in basketball history.

Give Luka just one Hall of Famer to play with and he would win it all, same with Jokic.

Reaction Score
I'll take Doncic, he just took a team of Jalen Brunson and a bunch of scrubs to the Western Conference finals. Durant won it all by joining a team of Hall of Famers who already won it all and had the best regular season record in basketball history.

Give Luka just one Hall of Famer to play with and he would win it all, same with Jokic.
Agree to disagree

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
It's miles and for perspective, considering the west to east distance, it's a greater distance than any starting to ending point in Italy. Additionally, if you were to consider the former Yugoslav nations as one country, there is still Albania between those nations and Greece.
When I was based in Belgrade, I was regional and covered the "Balkans". For me it was Greece to the northern border of Serbia, and from the Adriatic to the Black Sea, and it included Slovenia. That said, nobody who lives in Slovenia considers themselves part of the Balkans; they think they're central Europeans.

Reaction Score
This response is always funny when you get absolutely obliterated in a discussion and have no facts to back your point up.
Lol, interesting perspective. I say it to not argue anymore when both sides obviously disagree. If you want to open the wound, tell me how Luka is so much of a better player than KD. I'm not talking about any off the court stuff either. KD's rings may have somewhat of an asterisk on them, but he still has rings while at this point, Luka does not. KD is a better shooter and scorer overall, Luka is obviously a better distributor, and KD is in a different universe based on defensive ability. I'm very much looking forward to a response.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There would be more shocking things than a 6’7 shooter working his way into a rotation with established half court ball dominators. Still have doubts it’ll be during his freshman year though.

Reaction Score
There would be more shocking things than a 6’7 shooter working his way into a rotation with established half court ball dominators. Still have doubts it’ll be during his freshman year though.
Feel like it'll be Calcaterra working his way into the rotation before he does. And I think Calcaterra will play but I could see him forcing his way into a 15-20 minute role instead of 5-10

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Feel like it'll be Calcaterra working his way into the rotation before he does. And I think Calcaterra will play but I could see him forcing his way into a 15-20 minute role instead of 5-10
Agreed. Think Calcaterra will be on the fringes of the rotation and will play more depending on matchups. I’m hoping dans optimism is more about his ability to contribute in future seasons, as he’s all but stated the rotation battle was tight before their commitments.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Think Calcaterra will be on the fringes of the rotation and will play more depending on matchups. I’m hoping dans optimism is more about his ability to contribute in future seasons, as he’s all but stated the rotation battle was tight before their commitments.
Isn't this season the only season that Calcaterra has eligibility for?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Reaction Score

You are correct.

Calcaterra averaged 8.5 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists in the 2021-22 season and will have one year of eligibility left. He shot 34.7% from 3-point range last season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

He does. I think he’s bought in on doing whatever is asked of him to be on a great team. I doubt Dan would promise him anything.

Reaction Score

The “future seasons” part was about Roumoglou, not Calcaterra.

Reaction Score
There was earlier debate about his height and pictures can be tricky, but he definitely looks closer to that 6’7” listing and not 6’4”.

Problem is, with DC in a photo everyone else looks like they’re of normal height.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom