1 more fl kid might be coming | Page 3 | The Boneyard

1 more fl kid might be coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I was just able to watch the presser again..and PP clearly states that the recruit they're talking with is from South Florida AND is from a "high profile program". He also said "I would have liked to have signed another interior defensive lineman...that did not happen". He points out that they don't have to be one today, that they can grow into being one (perhaps Kinsey?)

He goes on to say that "we'd like to sign one more Corner", but that didn't happen and that "we'll still... obviously, we'll still, ya know, keep our eyes and our ears open and see what happens between now and June." Interesting that he uses past tense to describe the search for a defensive lineman, but uses present tense to describe the search for another corner.

I did some searching around and there is one DB who may fit the bill... Dinero Moss. He originally committed to Minnesota last summer and there was some chatter today that he switched to Iowa, but that is from their board and can't be confirmed anywhere. He has UConn on his list and it shows that he has an offer from us. He's from South Florida too, although I'm not sure if Piper HS in Sunrise is considered high profile. . So who knows...could he be the mystery man?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...GHt7A2oC.hIPZB4?colleges=show#college_choices

Dinero Moss did not qualify and is going to JC in Iowa.

Reaction Score
P shoulda kept his big mouth shut. Just signed with Iowa!

Just Kidding...

I was about to write, "who?" when your post was put into quotations, I just noticed the small "Just kidding" lol. Well played. Sounds like we are still waiting.

Reaction Score
Know a source close to PP it's McNeal.

This has been known for quite some time. McNeal even told me himself on twitter he was coming. Since there was no mention of him today, the transfer has to be him.

The HS kid from florida is the one everyone is still wondering about.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
kinsey to wvu. did aj liddell ever pick a school?

Reaction Score
kinsey to wvu. did aj liddell ever pick a school?

Looks like UConn is all done for this season. Good class. A lot of people are talking that Norris could be the real gem of this class.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
were not done imo. maybe 1 more ship player and 1 more walkon.

i was just wondering if aj picked vandy or if there is something else going on there. maybe can't qualify. things all of a sudden went quiet on him this weekend. next year we already have a couple kids on radar from jucos(morris and neally) so i wouldnt be suprised if we keep tabs.

Reaction Score
Kids taken are huge. 300 lbs. already for most OL. LB's already pushing 240.

Otherwise, class seems typical except for transfers and JC kids. McNeal, Philips, Shortell, Donhohue and Whitmer are huge gets IMHO. Despite the ranking these kids make me feel that we are light years ahead of years prior.

Coach P seemed to have penciled in Puyol to Kick FG's already.

Reaction Score
Kids taken are huge. 300 lbs. already for most OL. LB's already pushing 240.

Otherwise, class seems typical except for transfers and JC kids. McNeal, Philips, Shortell, Donhohue and Whitmer are huge gets IMHO. Despite the ranking these kids make me feel that we are light years ahead of years prior.

Coach P seemed to have penciled in Puyol to Kick FG's already.

Just a thought/question. At the beginning of your statement you say aside from size of some of the recruits the class seems pretty typical, name the transfers and JUCO's as huge gets. And then finish your statement with the fact you feel "we are light years ahead of years prior." How could that be? Sounds contradictory to me.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree they are huge gets and this year is better than years past. I don't think this class is "typical". The smallest in this class is 5'11". The shortest in last years class was 5'9" and there were 4 guys under 5'11". The year before there for 2-3 more I believe I saw when I looked. One thing UConn has always been is smaller than most of their opponents. This is something PP has addressed in his first full recruiting class here and I think this saws everything EXCEPT typical for UConn football.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tevin shaw-Kansas with turner baty...

Reaction Score
Anyone got an idea why Montrell Dobbs is not showing as being signed by Temple today? Both Scout and Rivals are showing this. Hopefully it's not something related to academics...again! Did he not qualify?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dobbs is at temple in class right now. i was told...

here is a interesting one for us to keep tabs on next fall. tyrique jarrett is going to milford acd.

Reaction Score
dobbs is at temple in class right now. i was told...

here is a interesting one for us to keep tabs on next fall. tyrique jarrett is going to milford acd.

So why wouldn't Dobbs show up as signed then? All of our guys who were early enrollers show up as signed.

Jarrett at Milford, along with PP's connections there....could give us a shot!

Reaction Score
Could Dobbs not be on scholarship for this semester while gets his grade glitch in order and then goes on scholarship in the fall?

Reaction Score
Tyrique jarrett is one huge dude. I saw him in person at the big 33 media day. Oh man. To steal him from Pitt would be huge. Great 3-4 nose guard. He remind me of Marc Henry from the wwe!!

Reaction Score
Tyrique jarrett is one huge dude. I saw him in person at the big 33 media day. Oh man. To steal him from Pitt would be huge. Great 3-4 nose guard. He remind me of Marc Henry from the wwe!!

Just looked him up, that is a big freaking dude. Who knows what happens a year from now. PP is set on bringing in more BIG interior DLmen, I am sure he is still on their radar.

PA produces some really good football players. Another Big 33 guy here in Jarrett. Not a bag accolade to have. Hoping PP can snag some more guys with this kind of following in future classes.

Reaction Score
Could Dobbs not be on scholarship for this semester while gets his grade glitch in order and then goes on scholarship in the fall?

On one of the Temple boards a couple posters mentioned that they hope he qualifies. Not sure if they meant that they hope his spring semester doesn't disqualify him OR...that he gains successful admission. Certainly confusing...and not clear cut...even though the assumption was that he would be all set at Temple. Wish him well whatever the situation is!

Reaction Score
So that's it? No FL HS prospect? PP just jumping the gun? That's a rookie mistake.

Reaction Score
So that's it? No FL HS prospect? PP just jumping the gun? That's a rookie mistake.

PP didn't guarantee anything. He said they were waiting on one more kid, trying to bring him in. Essentially saying it's a waiting game is what I took from his comments. They were "still in on him" so to speak. Still in the discussion and in his consideration. Whoever it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom