1 more fl kid might be coming | The Boneyard

1 more fl kid might be coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hehe he calls Lyle McCombs "Kyle".

Also anybody here what he said about Drew Ghio? as to walk-on or scholly.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
reading tweets-another transfer coming in this summer! don't have name right now.

Reaction Score
reading tweets-another transfer coming in this summer! don't have name right now.

He didn't give a name, said he can't mention the name yet, but we have another "high profile" transfer that will be in this summer. Someone who was recruited by UCONN previously but went to another school

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
any1 have any clue who the fl kid is????did kinsey pick a school yet?

Reaction Score

I think this is probably McNeal and PP cant comment since he hasnt graduated from Clemson yet

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that kid he couldn't comment on is Bryce McNeal my thoughts exactly Dennis.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yea but we already know about him. its been out and about for a while. i think its someone else.

Reaction Score
yea but we already know about him. its been out and about for a while. i think its someone else.

Even though we know about him, I dont think PP can make any comments regarding McNeal yet.....that was my take anyway.

But hey, if he reels in another transfer from a big time school...the more the merrier

Reaction Score
It's been out for a while, but the coaches still can't talk about him until he gets here. My guess that is who he's talking about.

Reaction Score
It's been out for a while, but the coaches still can't talk about him until he gets here. My guess that is who he's talking about.
Exactly. Even though it's been out there PP can't comment until he's enrolled at UConn.

Reaction Score
any1 have any clue who the fl kid is????did kinsey pick a school yet?

Kinsey committed to Cincy. Based on what PP said it is likely a CB or DT. Seems like Morgan and Laurant ended up being the biggest misses.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
not that i know of^ why?

also neally is still on board with uconn after juco-good news

Reaction Score
On one hand, Pasqualoni said there was one more recruit coming in, so that would lead me to believe that it's McNeal because otherwise he would have said there were a few more recruits coming in. On the other hand, McNeal is not from Florida as far as I can tell. Pasqualoni said that it's a high profile recruit from the state of Florida, leading me to believe it's most likely somebody from Florida, Miami, or Florida State; there's a chance it could be somebody from USF or UCF. However, high profile recruits don't generally end up at USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, etc. The other possibility is that there's a player who signed with a program and then transfered to a junior college and UConn is going to pick him up over the summer. Pasqualoni mentioned that it's a guy UConn previously recruited. If it's a guy from the major Florida programs, then the possibilities include: Graham Stewart, Dominique Easley, Jordan Reed, Tyler Murphy, Tommy Jordan, Bjoern Werner, and others. I have no idea how much playing time any of them have gotten.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all in all today was a great day everyone! we still have a couple kids to watch and a couple more adds it seems but we have over 30 new faces on the roster. hope everyone is enjoying this new era of uconn football like i am. enjoy the dinner 2night for those who are going. gtown is going down 2night, the pups will get the mojo working!

Reaction Score
Was McNeal recruited by UConn previously?

I thought it might be McNeal at first as well. However, according to espn, rivals and scout, he wasn't recruited by UConn....at least we're not on any of the three lists as having recruited him. So it leads you to think, that PP is talking about someone else. And not sure I heard this right, but thought PP said the transfer comes from a high profile program, not sure if he said it was a high profile recruit.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3188765

Reaction Score
As far as the unknown potential Florida recruit is concerned, PP gave us a few clues. It's easy to mix up the two he spoke of, the transfer and the recruit, so hopefully my recollection is accurate. He said the recruit is from South Florida, that he's coming from a good program, that we could know by later today and lastly, I believe he brought this up when he was discussing WRs.

Reaction Score
I thought it might be McNeal at first as well. However, according to espn, rivals and scout, he wasn't recruited by UConn....at least we're not on any of the three lists as having recruited him. So it leads you to think, that PP is talking about someone else. And not sure I heard this right, but thought PP said the transfer comes from a high profile program, not sure if he said it was a high profile recruit.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3188765

We did recruit McNeil. I read at least one article. We dropped out (were eliminated) at some point, which is why we went off the lists.

Reaction Score
Don't confuse "recruits" and "transfers" nowhere close to the same thing is college football vernacular. UConn is obviously chasing after a WR/CB from a decent HS program in south Florida. Maybe UConn is still in the game for Armstrong, or maybe it is a total unknown.

Would be nice if the transfer was an immediate impact player other than McNeal, but CCTV that the staff has to wait to even mention his name he is most likely the guy PP isntalkng about

Reaction Score
I'm confused. McNeal has no ties to Florida and he was thought to be coming here after graduating. PP can't discuss him until he starts classes.

Is the recruit from FL high profile or was he talking about McNeal's school being the high profile?

Reaction Score
It's two different topics, I think. He said there is a transfer from a high profile school coming this summer that he can't talk about (McNeal, Clemson), and a kid they are still working on from South Florida, that they are hoping to still reel in.

Reaction Score
We did recruit McNeil. I read at least one article. We dropped out (were eliminated) at some point, which is why we went off the lists.

You are right BL, I was able to find the article which mentioned this from Dez at the Courant on Jan. 3.

McNeal, who will visit UConn, in the spring, with his mom, is familiar with the Storrs school.
The Huskies staff, including receivers coach Matt Cersosimo, recruited the four-star talent out of Breck School in Minneapolis where he was recognized as one of the top 10 receivers in the Class of 2009.
"I felt UConn was the most loyal and had my best interest at heart," said McNeal, who also visited Cal.
So it appears that McNeal is very likely indeed, the transfer PP was referring to.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom