1 more fl kid might be coming | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1 more fl kid might be coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow...how did this get so jumbled ?

1- The transfer-- This is McNeal. PP cant talk about him because he's still at clemson. Thats why he said "he's not enrolled yet"

2- The Florida kid-- This is a completely different kid. He's from a "High Profile" high school program in florida. There was no hint at what position, but it looks like he's choosing between a couple schools, and will make that decision later today. My assumption is that he's a DB, but thats just a guess.

In summary: McNeal is the transfer, and We are looking at another player in florida who hasnt signed yet.

Reaction Score

1- The transfer-- This is McNeal. PP cant talk about him because he's still at clemson. Thats why he said "he's not enrolled yet"

2- The Florida kid-- This is a completely different kid. He's from a "High Profile" high school program in florida. There was no hint at what position, but it looks like he's choosing between a couple schools, and will make that decision later today. My assumption is that he's a DB, but thats just a guess.

In summary: McNeal is the transfer, and We are looking at another player in florida who hasnt signed yet.

LOL.
It seems that no thread is simple these days!

Reaction Score

You almost got it right except only the transfer has high profile attached to it via Dez tweet and Courant article.

Close though. (grin)

Reaction Score
You almost got it right except only the transfer has high profile attached to it via Dez tweet and Courant article.

Close though. (grin)

The "high profile school" comment came directly from PP at his press conference today, with regards to the Florida high school kid they are waiting on.

ALSO...others have said the transfer was from a high profile school. But thats totally seperate from the kid we're waiting on today/tonight.

I just watched the press conference twice. im pretty sure im more than close on this one.

Reaction Score
As far as the unknown potential Florida recruit is concerned, PP gave us a few clues. It's easy to mix up the two he spoke of, the transfer and the recruit, so hopefully my recollection is accurate. He said the recruit is from South Florida, that he's coming from a good program, that we could know by later today and lastly, I believe he brought this up when he was discussing WRs.
I'm confused, maybe on purpose, but the kid was recruited by UCONN, he is from south florida (eg, Miami-Dade area) and he's transferring from another "big time" school, but not necessarily a Florida school, is that correct?

Reaction Score
I'm confused, maybe on purpose, but the kid was recruited by UCONN, he is from south florida (eg, Miami-Dade area) and he's transferring from another "big time" school, but not necessarily a Florida school, is that correct?

sarcasm ??? (please say yes)

Reaction Score
Blah Blah Blah.... give it a rest. Wait till the kid/s sign and then spread the good word.

Overall, a definite step forward for the program. With the guys already in the program and the new ones coming in, the 2012 squad will be much improved over what happened last year. Start the season by letting UMass know their place in the pecking order and then a "meet & beat with the previous coach. Yeah...this year could be a whole lotta fun.

GO UCONN!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
research begins now- south fl powerhouse schools? dwyer/st toms aq/dade something who else?

Reaction Score
research begins now- south fl powerhouse schools? dwyer/st toms aq/dade something who else?
Miami Northwestern, Miami Central, Miami Columbus, Miami anything, Miramar....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
some names, not sure if they picked schools today

tracey howard-theu
deon bush-theu
trav copeland-wvu
jordan diggs-usce
lucas thompson-unc
clinton heaven-unc
ty law-smu
trey giles-umass wow
mike dumas-s ala
sam green-???????????
rick hart-????????????
max keefe-columbia

any 1 of these would be a big time last minute pickup...

well that narrows it down....

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wonder if this "mystery recruit from a big school in FL" could be Eric Kinsey.

He is a DE/LB recruit out of Northwestern in Miami (huge football school that churns out D1 players...I believe former UConn QB Dennis Brown was from that school...so we might have connections) that is a 3* recruit on both sites. He supposedly took an official visit to UConn a week and a half ago and I cannot find any word on where he signed today (so thus, maybe he hasn't decided yet). He supposedly has lots of offers from a lot of high quality schools such as Nebraska, Louisville, Cincinnati, WVU, USF, Mississippi, Vanderbilt, Purdue, Texas Tech etc.

Here is an article that mentions him yesterday from the Miami Herald about today's signing day where he is ranked the #15 player in Miami/Dade (which is very high praise):

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/31/2616534/players-indecision-is-sign-of.html

Unlike Leggett and Louis, Kinsey never made a commitment during the season.

As of Saturday, Kinsey was still taking visits. A member of the Northwestern varsity basketball team, Kinsey missed the past two games because he was away on visits — the most recent reportedly to West Virginia.

I wonder if this is our mystery recruit that is still deciding?

Reaction Score
Syracuse Bay HS is more central Florida, but maybe he's from there.

Reaction Score
The "high profile school" comment came directly from PP at his press conference today, with regards to the Florida high school kid they are waiting on.

ALSO...others have said the transfer was from a high profile school. But thats totally seperate from the kid we're waiting on today/tonight.

I just watched the press conference twice. im pretty sure im more than close on this one.

Lighten up Francis. You did see the (grin) right?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ok it was reported that kinsey earlier had sent a loi to cincy. now its been said that didn't happen. wvu/cincy rumors everywhere for him. could be our guy maybe...

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
ok it was reported that kinsey earlier had sent a loi to cincy. now its been said that didn't happen. wvu/cincy rumors everywhere for him. could be our guy maybe...

Just checked the official releases from both Cincy and WVU...and Kinsey does not appear on either list. This very well may be the 'secret guy' PP referenced and the 'surprise recruit' Dez referenced?!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
^ just ran train on that list, only 2 guys are still out there. i updated that post...

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Here is the latest article from ESPN Insider about Kinsey. It was posted 2 weeks ago. At the time, he was down to Cincy, WVU, and Louisville (so he is clearly open to the Big East). But at the very bottom of the article is says that he was visiting UConn the upcoming weekend....and there are no updates on Kinsey since then anywhere. Says that UConn "has always showed him the love".

This must be the guy we are waiting for!

Kinsey has three schools on his mind
in.gif

January, 17, 2012
Jan 17
3:54
PM ET

By Corey Long

Northwestern (Miami, Fla.) defensive end/outside linebacker Eric Kinsey is down to Cincinnati, West Virginia and Louisville and is planning on making a decision on National Signing Day.

"Those are the three programs I feel most comfortable with right now," Kinsey said. "I've already taken my officials to Cincinnati and West Virginia."

Kinsey said that an official to Louisville is scheduled for Jan. 27 and he is looking forward to catching up with old friends.

"I have a few former teammates that are at Louisville right now like Teddy [Bridgewater] and Eli [Rogers] and they are going to tell me the truth about the program," Kinsey said. "I'm expecting a great visit and a great environment.

"It looks like the players and coaches are real close at Louisville and that's the sort of family atmosphere I like."

Kinsey also spoke well of the other two programs in contention.

"Cincinnati is a perfect school in terms of size because it's not too big and not too little," Kinsey said. "They play an exciting brand of football and really try to get after it on defense."

"West Virginia is one of the top programs in the nation as far as I'm concerned. They do a great job of recruiting in Florida and that's where the best talent is so they are always going to be one of the top teams."

Kinsey also has an official visit scheduled to UConn this week.

"UConn has always showed me love so I'm going to check them out," Kinsey added.

Reaction Score
Just watched the press conference.

1. There is a kid from south florida that they are waiting to hear back from. Still deciding. I'm thinking Kinsey.

2. There is a transfer from a high profile program who will be here in the summer (Bryce McNeal)

Reaction Score
Just watched the press conference.

1. There is a kid from south florida that they are waiting to hear back from. Still deciding. I'm thinking Kinsey.

2. There is a transfer from a high profile program who will be here in the summer (Bryce McNeal)

Two players or one?

Reaction Score

I was just able to watch the presser again..and PP clearly states that the recruit they're talking with is from South Florida AND is from a "high profile program". He also said "I would have liked to have signed another interior defensive lineman...that did not happen". He points out that they don't have to be one today, that they can grow into being one (perhaps Kinsey?)

He goes on to say that "we'd like to sign one more Corner", but that didn't happen and that "we'll still... obviously, we'll still, ya know, keep our eyes and our ears open and see what happens between now and June." Interesting that he uses past tense to describe the search for a defensive lineman, but uses present tense to describe the search for another corner.

I did some searching around and there is one DB who may fit the bill... Dinero Moss. He originally committed to Minnesota last summer and there was some chatter today that he switched to Iowa, but that is from their board and can't be confirmed anywhere. He has UConn on his list and it shows that he has an offer from us. He's from South Florida too, although I'm not sure if Piper HS in Sunrise is considered high profile. . So who knows...could he be the mystery man?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...GHt7A2oC.hIPZB4?colleges=show#college_choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom