1/25 Practice Quotes (Akok Akok Edition) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

1/25 Practice Quotes (Akok Akok Edition)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Read the thread, I didn't make anything up. Just had a post get interpreted differently than I intended it.
1548553991963.png

pj

Reaction Score
Do you actually have a source or do you think this makes sense logically? Hurley literally called the move you are accusing him of bush league. Is our coach a sociopath or are you exaggerating?

I haven't seen or heard exactly what Hurley was asked and what he said in response. I believe it was in response to a reporter question and was captured in a video before or after a game or practice. Dig up the quote and let's see if it contradicts what I said. I don't believe it will.

Again, everything I stated has a source -- Kwintin's Instagram for his being spoken to by the coaches and considering leaving, coaches statements about Akok's status, and NCAA rules which I've cited. What happened is pretty clear.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen or heard exactly what Hurley was asked and what he said in response. I believe it was in response to a reporter question and was captured in a video before or after a game or practice. Dig up the quote and let's see if it contradicts what I said. I don't believe it will.

Again, everything I stated has a source -- Kwintin's Instagram for his being spoken to by the coaches and considering leaving, coaches statements about Akok's status, and NCAA rules which I've cited. What happened is pretty clear.

So you saying you have no inside info and your source is his Instagram? You are better than this.

CL82

Reaction Score

So you made the statement as if were fact;
eased back on it;
directly repudiated it;
claimed that it was misinterpreted;
and now you all in again?

Geesh, what's up with you today?

Reaction Score
QUOTE="UConnStats, post: 3013387, member: 5842"]I can tell you for a fact it’s not
You didn’t think I was serious did you? I wanted to say something more political but thought better of it

Nah I knew you weren’t, just clarifying.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think you're off base here man.

Akok never expected to get a a scholly or someone to "voluntarily" leave for him. He also never expected to play this semester. This I know for a fact.

Good effort. But youre filling in A LOT of blanks.

pj

Reaction Score
So you made the statement as if were fact;
eased back on it;
directly repudiated it;
claimed that it was misinterpreted;
and now you all in again?

Geesh, what's up with you today?

I clarified it once, to what I actually intended to say from the beginning. I've had one message throughout. I never repudiated anything. I have no idea what you think is reality and how your picture of reality differs from what I said. Why don't you describe what you think happened?

pj

Reaction Score
I think you're off base here man.

Akok never expected to get a a scholly or someone to "voluntarily" leave for him. He also never expected to play this semester. This I know for a fact.

Good effort. But youre filling in A LOT of blanks.

I also never expected him to play, because I think he's a partial qualifier. I'm glad to hear he was never led to believe that he could get a scholly because someone would voluntarily leave for him, because the coaches didn't have that in their power to promise.

What am I off base on? You didn't say anything that contradicted me.

Reaction Score
I also never expected him to play, because I think he's a partial qualifier. I'm glad to hear he was never led to believe that he could get a scholly because someone would voluntarily leave for him, because the coaches didn't have that in their power to promise.

You’re still implying that Hurley tried to get kwintin to give up his scholly. When Hurley himself called it “bush league”. You’ve presented no evidence that this happened. Kwintin was suspended because he did something dumb. He was not asked to give up his scholarship this season

Reaction Score

Sorry didn't add this: he will be playing next fall. Or at least he, his mentor, and the coaches think so at this time. PM me if you want to know source

pj

Reaction Score
Sorry didn't add this: he will be playing next fall. Or at least he, his mentor, and the coaches think so at this time. PM me if you want to know source

That's good news!

Reaction Score
And it’s a source you can trust too!

CL82

Reaction Score
I clarified it once, to what I actually intended to say from the beginning. I've had one message throughout. I never repudiated anything. I have no idea what you think is reality and how your picture of reality differs from what I said. Why don't you describe what you think happened?
Probably not much point in speculating, wouldn't you agree?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Generally, you have scholarship players and walk-ons. For those who say he’s neither - what would he be then?

Walk ons can play. He can't. So he is technically neither. But walk ons are mostly practice players, and he is that, so he's closest to that.

Reaction Score
He asked Kwintin to voluntarily leave the program in order to free up a scholarship for Akok, and then when Kwintin didn't he suspended him from basketball activities. Don't get me wrong, Hurley cares for his players and wants to do well by them. But he also wants to succeed. Relationships have to go both ways, give and take, and if a player doesn't give don't assume Hurley will always be giving on the other side.

Do you know this for a FACT or are you just assuming.... Never assume something you don't know and wasn't in the office or conversation. Not good to spread rumors or opinion in things you don't know what happen.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of speculation about him not playing next year but how many players has UCONN signed and had enrolled have backed out to go pro before they even played 1 game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom