“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
NCAA rules that Aaron Rogers has 1 more year of college eligibility and he just committed to UConn for this coming season.
True, he just self identified as a 20 year old college junior, so nothing can really prevent his return.

Reaction Score
"fun" announcement certainly tamps down the expectations that its something related to matters on the football field.

That was P&W's word and they used it to announce a soccer game. Is a football game about to be announced?

also does UCONN have to wait until 2:00 so it is timed with another school's announcement?

Reaction Score
How so? I think it draws more attention to both.
Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder; preference for UConn football standing out and apart from the state-run stadium and its' entirely unrelated announcement.

EDIT: Upon further review, CBS called the shot with its' general announcement of football game dates and kickoff times nationally. UConn appeared to have limited or no influence on the coincidental timing of the Rent's women's soccer announcement.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

Reaction Score
The Randy tweet to hype it up was certainly not needed, but the timing was all CBS driven.

They just released the CBS games (aka the SEC showcase plus a few Military and Mountain West Games) at 2pm as well.

Reaction Score
Think I figured out the 'exciting' part. It is the 'uncommon benefit' noted in the press release

UConn and CBS Sports revealed game times for all six UConn football home games, all of which will be televised on CBS Sports Network, and also announced that two additional road games will be televised on the nationally distributed network. The Huskies' first five games of the 2021 season will be televised nationally on CBS Sports Network and UConn fans now have the uncommon benefit of knowing all game times for the 2021 home football schedule.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It’s been mentioned in years past that it tough to plan ticket purchases since game times wouldn’t be announced until the 2-week window.
Now we know the game times early. That’s nice.
Not sure why it was teased like it was.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is just a pretty normal thing. Not sure the drama around it? I’m pretty glad it’s not just the soccer thing...I guess?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom