“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
you’re fighting the good fight @ConnHuskBask

One of these days we’ll be rewarded with competency from UConn football. Likely under a new administration (staff and AD).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The program actually does seem to be about as well positioned as most of us could have hoped for heading into independence. A lot of good games signed, a tv deal, and some good recruits coming in.

This whole thing, while in the scheme of things amounts to nothing, was just so incredibly lame.

Reaction Score
It’s indicative of a program that doesn’t know what it’s doing

it’s amateur hour.

At other schools, this stuff is a big deal and big business. PR and comms etc are handled as such.

CBS released their schedules for all the other conferences and schools they work with and none of them handled it like this.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How is being a WATB "fighting the good fight"?

Reaction Score

Two announcements?? Randy’s on a roll boys!

1622082764732.gif

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It’s indicative of a program that doesn’t know what it’s doing

it’s amateur hour.

At other schools, this stuff is a big deal and big business. PR and comms etc are handled as such.

CBS released their schedules for all the other conferences and schools they work with and none of them handled it like this.
I feel as if there was a solid plan in place. We just didn’t execute.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd like to thank all of you for giving me a much needed laugh before I go to sleep. This thread was classic. I had seen the Tweet about game times today and while reading this thread, I was hoping that that was not it. All of your comments were amazing and I enjoyed each one. Thank you for this thread! Lol.
standing ovation clap GIF

Reaction Score
The real news is tickets are not moving and this is a Hail Mary pass towards that goal of selling tickets.
Basketball tickets are more expensive and earlier than has been the historic case, hence crowding out football tickets sales. As if they needed another headwind.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
As usual Chiefs football analysis lacks substance. Ticket sales will improve if and when the product improves, no one is under any other impression. This simply gives potential buyers a better ability to plan ahead, which wasn’t possible previously with game times announced in the two-week window prior. This also eliminates the possibility that casual fans see 11:11 as a placeholder in a TV schedule and get confused that it might be the actual kickoff time.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As usual Chiefs football analysis lacks substance. Ticket sales will improve if and when the product improves, no one is under any other impression. This simply gives potential buyers a better ability to plan ahead, which wasn’t possible previously with game times announced in the two-week window prior. This also eliminates the possibility that casual fans see 11:11 as a placeholder in a TV schedule and get confused that it might be the actual kickoff time.
“Ticket sales will improve if and when the product improves.”

You literally just agreed with @Chief00’s point - the product hasn’t existed in over a year of course they can’t sell tickets.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think ticket sales may be a little higher than some think simply because people want to get back to live sports. The ability to tailgate again and get into a stadium and cheer for football, live, will increase tickets a little. I'm not saying that were looking at a packed Rent or even 50%. However, for a team coming off abysmal years and no season last year, I feel like ticket sales might be higher than some here might think. People want to get out. Cheap tickets to a UConn football game and a chance to tailgate as well? Yes please.

Reaction Score
I think ticket sales may be a little higher than some think simply because people want to get back to live sports. The ability to tailgate again and get into a stadium and cheer for football, live, will increase tickets a little. I'm not saying that were looking at a packed Rent or even 50%. However, for a team coming off abysmal years and no season last year, I feel like ticket sales might be higher than some here might think. People want to get out. Cheap tickets to a UConn football game and a chance to tailgate as well? Yes please.'
If they win against Fresno we will get 20K-25K vs. Holy Cross. Win that convincingly and 30K+ vs. Purdue is possible.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pre season tickets sales are bound to be super weak. Have to play well at Fresno and then go from there. Beat Holy Cross like your supposed to and have some good weather for Purdue and maybe you get a good walk up. It’s going to take some time, let’s not be surprised the stadium is thinly attended in September. Got to play decent first.

Reaction Score
Announcing the game times this early is a huge positive for fans. Now, you can ask your friends about what games do you want to attend because you know when the kickoff will be. I live in the Boston area and if I know the kickoff is at noon, I know that I can be home for any Saturday night activities.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The problem in Connecticut is that people are slow to come around. The baseball program has been great for years, there is a beautiful new ballpark and free tickets and we still can't get 1000 people to the game. A few things have to happen to get the train on the track properly again from an attendance standpoint:

Good early season wins, beat Clemson and the University focus on getting the word out about the program and players. Hand in hand with this is more positive media coverage.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The problem in Connecticut is that people are slow to come around. The baseball program has been great for years, there is a beautiful new ballpark and free tickets and we still can't get 1000 people to the game. A few things have to happen to get the train on the track properly again from an attendance standpoint:

Good early season wins, beat Clemson and the University focus on getting the word out about the program and players. Hand in hand with this is more positive media coverage.
All we have to do is beat Clemson to get the fans back? That should be relatively simple

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
“Ticket sales will improve if and when the product improves.”

You literally just agreed with @Chief00’s point - the product hasn’t existed in over a year of course they can’t sell tickets.
Chief was saying that announcing the times was a Hail Mary for ticket sales, like someone in the AD dreamed up this plan to finally sell more tickets. Our AD is incompetent for a lot of reasons, but the kickoff time announcement was a byproduct of our TV partner announcing their slate… no more no less… no one fooling themselves that this is going to sell thousands of more tickets. But being able to plan is nice.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Chief was saying that announcing the times was a Hail Mary for ticket sales, like someone in the AD dreamed up this plan to finally sell more tickets. Our AD is incompetent for a lot of reasons, but the kickoff time announcement was a byproduct of our TV partner announcing their slate… no more no less… no one fooling themselves that this is going to sell thousands of more tickets. But being able to plan is nice.

His casual knowledge of TV partners and scheduling times is well documented.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
All we have to do is beat Clemson to get the fans back? That should be relatively simple
It is a one time event versus the slow grind over years to get people back. Not saying we will beat them, but if we do then people will come back.

Reaction Score

Honestly I think the baseball example isn’t great. I agree with what you are saying in general but for the whole season baseball was friends and family only Then they opened it up for the final series without much notice or fanfare. Plus 2 weekday games and after graduation but before summer session. Not exactly prime conditions for drawing a crowd

Reaction Score
I feel as if there was a solid plan in place. We just didn’t execute.
Thought I was the only one who keeps thinking of that HCRE2.0ism. Along with eye discipline. Guess others see similar excuses/comedy in UConn football failure. Well at least we cut down the number of loses in 2020, that was "exciting news".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom