“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26

Reaction Score
Why doesn't Randy Edsall create some real news: Hire Anthony Sherman as a coach. He was a captain for UConn’s only BCS Bowl berth, the 2011 Fiesta Bowl. He has had a significant career in the NFL. He played in the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl. His nickname is Sausage. Sherman just retired from pro football. No word on a second career.

Reaction Score
Why doesn't Randy Edsall create some real news: Hire Anthony Sherman as a coach. He was a captain for UConn’s only BCS Bowl berth, the 2011 Fiesta Bowl. He has had a significant career in the NFL. He played in the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl. His nickname is Sausage. Sherman just retired from pro football. No word on a second career.

Reaction Score
Is this really his long-term career path or a more a cause he feels strongly about? If someone talked to him about taking a coach's job it may light a fire in his brain. He should be an excellent recruiter too telling potential players how he played in two superbowls after playing for UConn.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is this really his long-term career path or a more a cause he feels strongly about? If someone talked to him about taking a coach's job it may light a fire in his brain. He should be an excellent recruiter too telling potential players how he played in two superbowls after playing for UConn.
You pick the strangest things to tie yourself up in knots over.

Reaction Score
I'm ashamed to admit I thought something actually good was happening. Like a moth to a flame...

Reaction Score
It’s been mentioned in years past that it tough to plan ticket purchases since game times wouldn’t be announced until the 2-week window.
Now we know the game times early. That’s nice.
Not sure why it was teased like it was.
Its huge news to any fans that actually have a life. Now you can plan ahead. Another huge positive is almost all of our home game will be completed by October 22 so we may get excellent weather for our home games.

Reaction Score
Here is my guess on what just happened... The athletic Dept got asked to push the US women’s soccer games. They had Geno do something and Edsall push out a tweet because it is “his” stadium. Then they got pushback on the Edsall tweet so they ginned up the kick off time thing since CBS was announcing it anyway. Makes it look like that was the plan all along. The timing just got messed up. Some intern will probably get his butt chewed out.

On the up side, I like knowing the kickoffs more than 20 minutes beforehand. And hey, they improvised on the fly when something went wrong.

On the down side, I was really looking forward to seeing Diaco blathering about starting limbs and critical substitutes as the great whites circled him.

Reaction Score
Its huge news to any fans that actually have a life. Now you can plan ahead. Another huge positive is almost all of our home game will be completed by October 22 so we may get excellent weather for our home games.
Additionally, today's CBS college football schedule announcement (link below) and subsequent UConn PR may have informed longer distance relatives of players, recruits, etc and both enthusiastic fans and others all 6 Huskies' home games and at least 2 away games will be televised. Positive info IMHO.

Reaction Score
This isn't currently a program to tease something. Just drop the news and let people be happy about the news. If you're teasing fans, you're going to lose.

And I don't think they had Randy tied to the USWNT announcement, they had Geno , who didn't put out a teaser, and I saw something from the Connecticut Sun. Women's soccer knows their fan base and where to ask for shout outs.

Reaction Score
Here is my guess on what just happened... The athletic Dept got asked to push the US women’s soccer games. They had Geno do something and Edsall push out a tweet because it is “his” stadium. Then they got pushback on the Edsall tweet so they ginned up the kick off time thing since CBS was announcing it anyway. Makes it look like that was the plan all along. The timing just got messed up. Some intern will probably get his butt chewed out.
Considering Army who also has a TV deal with CBS Sports made the exact same announcement today as UConn, that was probably the announcement Edsall was planning from the outset. Especially since they had all the graphics and write up release on social media and the UConn website ready and posted.

Reaction Score

On the up side, I like knowing the kickoffs more than 20 minutes beforehand. And hey, they improvised on the fly when something went wrong.

On the down side, I was really looking forward to seeing Diaco blathering about starting limbs and critical substitutes as the great whites circled him.
Or, things went exactly as planned but two things actually happened on the same day. You don’t have to twist yourself into imaginary knots for it though so maybe not.

Reaction Score
Or, things went exactly as planned but two things actually happened on the same day. You don’t have to twist yourself into imaginary knots for it though so maybe not.
Except that the 11 o’clock time was the same And the 2 things got mixed together. I’m fine with the way it worked out. I like that they were competent enough to call an audible so to speak. Warde would have hid out at Dunkin’ Donuts until it all blew over. FWIW I wouldn’t mind seeing him in the dunk tank too...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope the next time a UConn fan is up in arms about another team's bulletin board questioning the intelligence of UConn fans, they come back and read this thread and give the other team's fans some slack.

Un-friggin-believable.
Or our sanctimony.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hope the next time a UConn fan is up in arms about another team's bulletin board questioning the intelligence of UConn fans, they come back and read this thread and give the other team's fans some slack.

Un-friggin-believable.

Get over yourself pal.

Reaction Score
Except that the 11 o’clock time was the same And the 2 things got mixed together. I’m fine with the way it worked out. I like that they were competent enough to call an audible so to speak. Warde would have hid out at Dunkin’ Donuts until it all blew over. FWIW I wouldn’t mind seeing him in the dunk tank too...
Might make a good poll. Names of people who screwed up UConn sports we want in the dunk tank....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hate to break this to you, but stupid, bizarre, delusional conversations are stupid, bizarre, delusional conversations whether I point it out or not.

Yeah, screw the fans who have been dumped on for a decade getting excited for a bit of good news only the find out it was about women's soccer and a tv schedule.

Reaction Score
Yeah, screw the fans who have been dumped on for a decade getting excited for a bit of good news only the find out it was about women's soccer and a tv schedule.

I have no problem with anyone who has given up on the football program. I haven't, but doing so is probably more rational than not doing so.

If you don't see craziness in that thread, or if you need to hold your hopes out for joy from a May press release as opposed to what happens on the field -- I've said enough.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I have no problem with anyone who has given up on the football program. I haven't, but doing so is probably more rational than not doing so.

If you don't see craziness in that thread, or if you need to hold your hopes out for joy from a May press release as opposed to what happens on the field -- I've said enough.

The only thing that is crazy is for a college football program to tease exciting news to it's fanbase - all 418 of us left - and the big news is to announce an exhibition women's soccer game.

I thought maybe a bowl game affiliation, new uniforms, a long term series with a local team, a new coach, new recruit, literally anything.

Women's soccer exhibition game. Wow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom