“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

“Exciting News” coming Wednesday May 26

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's almost as if every school in America doesn't know it's exact kick times for all games prior to the season and they manage.

It's almost as if other schools just announce their game times without masquerading behind some cryptic surprise.

But of course we're UConn. Everything we've done turns to gold.

Reaction Score
The problem in Connecticut is that people are slow to come around. The baseball program has been great for years, there is a beautiful new ballpark and free tickets and we still can't get 1000 people to the game. A few things have to happen to get the train on the track properly again from an attendance standpoint:

Good early season wins, beat Clemson and the University focus on getting the word out about the program and players. Hand in hand with this is more positive media coverage.
Actually by not great I meant not very good...FWIW I took the post as a shot at the fans, not the Athletic Department. I don’t really think either one deserves it given the circumstances in this instance. I do think UConn fans can be pretty myopic. I know more than a couple who prefer the current arrangement over Big Ten or ACC membership 1 actually said we have more in common with Providence than with the ACC schools) but again this was not a case of not being supportive. And the AD was making decisions on the fly as Covid rules were changing . Finally there is the simple fact that college baseball has a modest following. I doubt there are 3 teams in the northeast that had their games broadcast on a local commercial station or had multiple games carried on a local tv station as the Huskies did. That suggests at least some level of local following and a decent job by the AD to put things together.

Reaction Score
“Ticket sales will improve if and when the product improves.”

You literally just agreed with @Chief00’s point - the product hasn’t existed in over a year of course they can’t sell tickets.
Exactly. Lately the Board has really dumbed down for whatever reason. My other point was with basketball tickets deadlines being moved up 2 months from 2-3 years ago - it crowds out football from disposable $’s. Football sales should be prior to MBB - since there’s only so much cash most will spend on UConn Athletics - and if they happen at the same time - the cash on hand, if limited - will go to MBB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Exactly. Lately the Board has really dumbed down for whatever reason. My other point was with basketball tickets deadlines being moved up 2 months from 2-3 years ago - it crowds out football from disposable $’s. Football sales should be prior to MBB - since there’s only so much cash most will spend on UConn Athletics - and if they happen at the same time - the cash on hand, if limited - will go to MBB.
Right. Kind of like when I posted on the hockey board that if Cav wins the NCAA title, the first question from the Connecticut media will be does he know Hurley and question 2 will be what is Geno like in person...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's almost as if every school in America doesn't know it's exact kick times for all games prior to the season and they manage.

It's almost as if other schools just announce their game times without masquerading behind some cryptic surprise.

But of course we're UConn. Everything we've done turns to gold.
Any toddler can announce game times.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Every single season ticket holder i know treats their outlay as 1 purchase, yearly. The club donations sort of force it that way. I really doubt you have too many people picking and choosing the way you describe.

Football adds in an outdoor component, which makes it less desirable to the casual fan. Hopefully, having confirmed kickoff times helps some ticket sales along - planning is always nice.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I love everything about this thread. Good to see everyone back and ready for some UConn football. Glad we all made it through the pandemic and can't wait to see you all at the stadium for our second consecutive undefeated season! By the way...

... that was the real second part of the announcement...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom