You guys have gone off the deep end! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

You guys have gone off the deep end!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I don't believe that the BY complaints are at all about a simple false dichotomy argument framed by a Calhoun vs Hurley demands. Calhoun is a point of reference and Hurley is fast becoming a point of reference. He is being outcoached in-game and possibly pre-game. It is x's and o's. He has demonstrated a lack of response to adjustments made by opponents that has been his Achilles heel above all. Many people on the BY have repeatedly suggested that if h can't handle that himself he should assign that to the staff at least for now. It appears that he is ignoring the obvious and sadly thinking if he gets everyone hyped up enough he can control the situation instead of thinking through and adjusting his tactics. The complaint most often heard is either stubbornness to change on this and/or acknowledging he needs to ask for help if he cannot (more obviously) do this himself.

There are more than a few very knowledgeable contributors on the board who know basketball and coaching (I am not one of them) and they seem to me to be in united agreement more on this point than anything else. That is the problem and setting up false dichotomies (either JC/ or DH) about the issue of comparing JC to DH is a wishful thinking that the "fans" need to grow up and stop doing that.

It is not going to stop until he stops because it is obviously leading to failure despite all the hard work, hustle and willingness of the team and staff to follow the leader.

His contract allows him the financial comfort to not have to do anything different at this point but
eventually this will catch up with him if he does not change.

One last point which may or may not be relevant but I think it is imho. JC's mentor was Red Auerbach. Who is/was DH's??

Reaction Score
I don't believe that the BY complaints are at all about a simple false dichotomy argument framed by a Calhoun vs Hurley demands. Calhoun is a point of reference and Hurley is fast becoming a point of reference. He is being outcoached in-game and possibly pre-game. It is x's and o's. He has demonstrated a lack of response to adjustments made by opponents that has been his Achilles heel above all. Many people on the BY have repeatedly suggested that if h can't handle that himself he should assign that to the staff at least for now. It appears that he is ignoring the obvious and sadly thinking if he gets everyone hyped up enough he can control the situation instead of thinking through and adjusting his tactics. The complaint most often heard is either stubbornness to change on this and/or acknowledging he needs to ask for help if he cannot (more obviously) do this himself.

There are more than a few very knowledgeable contributors on the board who know basketball and coaching (I am not one of them) and they seem to me to be in united agreement more on this point than anything else. That is the problem and setting up false dichotomies (either JC/ or DH) about the issue of comparing JC to DH is a wishful thinking that the "fans" need to grow up and stop doing that.

It is not going to stop until he stops because it is obviously leading to failure despite all the hard work, hustle and willingness of the team and staff to follow the leader.

His contract allows him the financial comfort to not have to do anything different at this point but
eventually this will catch up with him if he does not change.

One last point which may or may not be relevant but I think it is imho. JC's mentor was Red Auerbach. Who is/was DH's??

Good points.

Here is how I see it (and I'm not a coach nor do I pretend to be one):

1) Hurley needs to get better
2) Our players often missed easy opportunities to score or made stupid mistakes/passes/fouls/etc that have nothing to do with coaching - that cost us several games (even if you believe that Hurley made coaching mistakes in those games)

This year was fun, even though it ended a game or two early. This hasn't been as much fun in a LOOOOOONG time. So I'm not going to nitpick. We are relevant again for the first time in a long time. I'm going to enjoy it.

Reaction Score
Hard disagree to anyone who credits that Nova W to Kimani. We were shot out of cannons in that game. Hurley had us primed and rabid. He called a back door AJ lob out of the gate because he knew it would fire up the team and the crowd.

Kimani played the end game well, but it bothers me fully when people try to take away that W from Danny. And his ejection was BS to boot.
I don't even mean to take a shot at DH. He obviously prepped the team and the game plan that kept them in the game. Of course the ejection was absolutely ridiculous. But DH was not on the court for the W at the end of the day.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I don't even mean to take a shot at DH. He obviously prepped the team and the game plan that kept them in the game. Of course the ejection was absolutely ridiculous. But DH was not on the court for the W at the end of the day.
Fair. I think reasonable people can disagree as to whether or not what Dan did to prepare the team over the course of the season and leading up to that game and on the sideline for the first quarter of the game is enough to credit him with a signature win. For me, its enough to consider it his win. I took umbrage with your statement that we can’t. I do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom