Williams article - | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Williams article -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
O,no I spell wong...After working on the garbage truck all my life I understand I spelled wong.I always wanted to be the garbage truck driver but always missed that question on my Garbage Truck Drivers Test.So I spent my life on the back of the truck ,jumping off to get and dump the garbage cans.It was so much fun riding on the back of the garbage truck.I bet you could pass the Garbage Truck Drivers Test.I never could.I bet you went to college and made a million every year.Boy O Boy ,wish I was as smart as you.I bet I could have passed the Garbage Truck Drivers Test and drived the garbage truck.I bet me will never know though,I retired as a Garbage Can Pick Up Special Technican.I wish I went to college like youu.You my hero,troyhouse66.You spell so good.You so smart,troyhouse66.You my hero,troyhouse66,you spell good.

The truth is revealed! Now I know why you are drawn to VolNation: the ready availability of garbage, ready for pickup!

This is reminiscent of Willie Sutton's response to the question:

"Why do you rob banks?"

"Because that's where the money is."​

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
O,no I spell wong...After working on the garbage truck all my life I understand I spelled wong.I always wanted to be the garbage truck driver but always missed that question on my Garbage Truck Drivers Test.So I spent my life on the back of the truck ,jumping off to get and dump the garbage cans.It was so much fun riding on the back of the garbage truck.I bet you could pass the Garbage Truck Drivers Test.I never could.I bet you went to college and made a million every year.Boy O Boy ,wish I was as smart as you.I bet I could have passed the Garbage Truck Drivers Test and drived the garbage truck.I bet me will never know though,I retired as a Garbage Can Pick Up Special Technican.I wish I went to college like youu.You my hero,troyhouse66.You spell so good.You so smart,troyhouse66.You my hero,troyhouse66,you spell good.
Hey, I love garbage men.

Reaction Score
The position Gabby is learning to the play is the featured position in UConn offense. PF, 4, high-post whatever you want to call it that position is the impact position in the offense. If you think Gabby is a star then you should want her learning to play that position. The position that Maya dominated from and maximized all of her offensive skills, but virtually every great player with the skills to do so at UConn has spent time playing that position in the offense because of the interchangeable nature of the offense and because of the variety of offense opportunities that position facilitates.

Michael Jordan the greatest shooting guard in basketball history won his last 3 championships primarily playing as a post in the triangle offense, and spent a good chuck of his first 3 championships in that position as well. Same thing applies to the type of offense UConn runs.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The good example of an outsider...Can't critize good old "9 NC Geno"....No good ol boy would ever do that....Well, I will .....when I disagree with his coaching.But I sure as hell better not do it on this forum.He is perfect here.Sorry no man is perfect..Nor is any coach perfect....And as far as my comments being irritating....I have been irritated also by the constant Canadian guard worship on this forum...I would think she is the next coming of Bob Cousy or Don Hennon,Sorry I won't change my positive thoughts on Gabby Williams..She is still the top freshman guard if allowed to get her feet set at the position in college.But,She will still do well bouncing position to position.While some others may not.Boy,the shoe is tight..BUT IT FITS!I think I will keep that pair of shoes,maybe give me a shoe horn with them.I'am sure the Vol Nation would.And by the way,have you ever tuned in to the Vol Nation...Some of you would have a stroke..If you heard how they talk about Geno.
I will put this as politely as I can;
1) We KNOW how the VolNation talks about Geno and realize that it says much about them, nothing about him.
2) No one thinks Geno is perfect, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are sure he knows a helluva lot more about wcbb than you do.
3) If the comments on the BY irritate you, there is an easy solution.
4) As to why your comments irritate us, it is your supercilious, know it all attitude and your obvious belief that it is your mission in life to educate us as to how much smarter you are than the best coach in wcbb. AND the fact that you just can't seem to let go of it.
5) You seem very good at dishing out criticism, but not so good at taking it. Generally speaking, this is not an endearing combination of attributes. To say the least.

Reaction Score
I will put this as politely as I can;
1) We KNOW how the VolNation talks about Geno and realize that it says much about them, nothing about him.
2) No one thinks Geno is perfect, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are sure he knows a helluva lot more about wcbb than you do.
3) If the comments on the BY irritate you, there is an easy solution.
4) As to why your comments irritate us, it is your supercilious, know it all attitude and your obvious belief that it is your mission in life to educate us as to how much smarter you are than the best coach in wcbb. AND the fact that you just can't seem to let go of it.
5) You seem very good at dishing out criticism, but not so good at taking it. Generally speaking, this is not an endearing combination of attributes. To say the least.
You have a lot of GOOD points but...Items 4 & 5 work BOTH ways. Not a one way street. Also belittle over typos and a persons home ,demands reply on my part at all times to this smart mouth Troy guy.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You have a lot of GOOD points but...Items 4 & 5 work BOTH ways. Not a one way street. Also belittle over typos and a persons home ,demands reply on my part at all times to this smart mouth Troy guy.

Really? Perhaps you then should have taken it to PM, rather than the board. just saying....

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
We have many guests on the board who are fans of other programs. They give us information about their teams, and sometimes information about ours. We ask them questions and they ask us questions. They are (with rare exceptions) polite to us and we are (again, with rare exceptions), polite to them. But you come roaring in here trying to tell us that Geno does not know how to coach, you libel IceBear, one of our most respected posters, you scintillate with obstreperousness, and then you expect us all to make nice to you and respect your obviously biased and ill-considered opinions as if they were gems of wisdom. NO WONDER you have been disapointed. UConn fans have been banned from this board for better behavior than you have exhibited. Personally, Perhaps you should try to seek out another board that you might find more congenial to your style. And as I said, I am putting this as politely as possible.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Many of us were surprised to learn that Gabby was practicing with the forwards, but I think it's a great idea. At a minimum, Gabby will learn post-up skills and be able to dominate other guards. The broader her repertoire, the better she'll be. Next year, Gabby may play more in the backcourt, because we will have more front court depth. Or she may not. I defer to Geno on this. One thing for sure is that she is a physically imposing player, especially for a freshman. Maybe even more than the great Maya Moore. If healthy, Gabby's upside is very, very high. Definitely AA high.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I also think that Gabby will probably be back in the backcourt starting next year, and she will be better in that role after having played on the wing this year. Playing the 3, she can use all the skills she would use as a 2, along with some posting-up and rebounding that she might not do as much as a 2.

This year, she certainly stands to get more minutes in the front court than at the 2. So she ought to be all right with it. She sounds like she appreciates any opportunity to learn more about the game of basketball, which is the right attitude.

I thought that what is being done with Gabby would be done with Courtney Ekmark, but the coaches have decided otherwise. How dare they?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I thought that what is being done with Gabby would be done with Courtney Ekmark, but the coaches have decided otherwise. How dare they?

Can't see Ekmark with the skills, strength, or athleticism to play inside. She'll stay on the perimeter, I just don't see her defending guards.

Reaction Score
scintillate with obstreperousness,

Hep!
images

Reaction Score
Gabby will be easy to spot in the paint. She'll be the one still going up when everyone else is on the way down.

This post is a great example of the quality of the posters on our BY! Well done!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom