What's your biggest flip out after a UConn loss? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What's your biggest flip out after a UConn loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I finally outdid myself last night. Let me start by saying I'm certainly not proud of my behavior and I don't think it's cool. During the 2nd half against PC I punched my coffee table, and my beer spilled all over my MacBook Air. It won't turn on and I just brought it to the Apple store. $750 to repair. I blame PeeCee fans for my erratic behavior, but whatever it takes to get the win right!
Next year, when UConn goes to the final four ( in spite of UC990411's feeling otherwise) you will be required to have two MacBook Air's and two beers available.

Reaction Score
All right.

I'm actually pretty calm during hoop games these days. Football still sets me off, especially the Vikings, but otherwise, I'm not even remotely as demonstrative as I used to be.

1) I watched the Laettner game at my parents' house with my younger brother. I didn't really react after the shot, but my brother started to laugh and I whipped the remote at him. I missed him and the remote sailed through the family room door, past the kitchen and into the dining room where my dad was sitting. It arrived there in four or five pieces. Trying to be helpful, he says, "Most of the remote is in here now!" as if it up and walked there on its own. You simply could not fluster the man.

2) When I was first married, my wife decorated the living room of our apartment with these wicker baskets that held pillows, dried flowers and whatever the hell else. We were married in May of 1998 - by the end of the 98-99 season, I had kicked all of the baskets. I vaporized one when the Vikings lost to the Falcons in the NFL championship game, I got one stuck on my foot when Khalid slipped against Miami and I stomped the handle of one when Quentin Hall hit his three with a minute left in the Elite Eight.

We had the downstairs neighbors up one night and there was a game on - I wanted to kick something, but I was on my best behavior so I kinda sideways kicked one of the baskets and it made a little crunching noise - the neighbor's wife perks up and says, "So that's what that noise is! We always wondered...".

3) The last time I remember any sort of outburst was in our current house. I don't remember the game, but I had a tantrum and threw the remote at the front door - I ended up hitting the wall and had to repair the divot. The remote cracked and we still have to use an Exacto knife to cut the tape away whenever the batteries have to be changed.

I kinda grew out of all that and eased into profanity which my wife enjoyed even less than the wanton destruction. I'm creative with profanity and I've said things that have specifically horrified my inlaws to such a degree that my wife tries to make me go upstairs to watch UConn or the Vikings when they're here. They're here this weekend and although I'll probably be perfectly fine, the Vikings/Packers game tomorrow night has my wife on edge.

I'm with you on both UConn and the Vikings. (grew up in NY, went to UConn, and also grew up a big Vikings fan.) Now that my wife and I live in Minneapolis, I get to buy season tix.

You didn't mention your actions after Gary Anderson missed his only FG of the season in the NFC Championship game against the Falcons. I was with my 3 daughters and had to somewhat maintain my composure.

Reaction Score
the cuse 23 OT.. screamed so loud that I woke my 3 month old and my wife was pissed

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The worst loss thread had a couple good stories on it regarding what Boneyarders did after a tough Huskies loss. I figured the Boneyard is filled with some fellow lunatics, so there could be some good stories on here.

Me?

In 2011 when we lost to Marquette in OT, I was so angry I ripped the promotional Kemba Walker lifesize poster off my wall in a fit of rage that could only be described as a young man tantrum

Needless to say, I felt pretty stupid and very sheepish hanging it back up (albeit ripped in a few parts) a few short weeks later.

I'm not very proud of my actions.

Let's hear some stories Boneyard!

The worst game ever was when Tim Brown scored right after the Jasper Howard murder.

The Jasper Howard murder was the absolute low moment as a husky fan.

Reaction Score
I remember punching out a ceiling tile in my basement when we lost to UNC one year.

Probably got unreasonably drunk after pretty much any loss from 2007-2011...

Reaction Score
Last year after the ISU tourney game some quite inebriated friends and I stripped down to our boxers and had a drunk dunk contest in the freezing weather. There were girlfriends present. Not THAT gay not that theres anything wrong with that. There have got to be more/worse stories but I'm at a loss.

I've done some really immoral things walking out of the Rent the last few years. Oddly enough, after the ISU football game last year I walked a good 50 feet down Silver Lane with my dick out pissing. Then I went to Boston's in Manchester where I knew the bartender and just kept pouring free beers on the bar.

The true essence of the BoatShow is revealed.

Reaction Score
  • Hibbert/Georgetown 08': punched a hole in my drywall and broke my hand.
  • USF in 2010: washed my car until the paint came off.
  • Marquette 2012: tackled my Christmas tree.

When I read the JT3 quote that said "that's a play we run in practice all the time and he hits it 90 percent" or whatever it was I slammed my laptop shattering the screen.

cts

Reaction Score
I was traveling cross country with my wife in March (bad planning, I know) and we managed to find some random bar in Kentucky or Tennessee for that tourney game against Texas.
The second Marcus White got that ball stuck in the rim I slammed the bottom of the bar so hard, the whole place turned around - you could hear the needle scratch off the record.

Reaction Score
I was traveling cross country with my wife in March (bad planning, I know) and we managed to find some random bar in Kentucky or Tennessee for that tourney game against Texas.
The second Marcus White got that ball stuck in the rim I slammed the bottom of the bar so hard, the whole place turned around - you could hear the needle scratch off the record.
And...?

Reaction Score
Without a doubt my meltdown after the George Mason game.

I felt instant humiliation. I took the loss personal. How could the basketball Gods allow such a deflating humiliating loss to take place? The humiliation than turned to anger. Anger at the team for allowing a national title to slip away. To allow such a travesty to occur. How could you win that game against Washington (a game we almost certainly should have lost) and not play loose and confident the next game? How could you not ride Denham's tying lay in at the buzzer to force OT to the win? How could you blow a 12 pt lead? How could you get that scare with Albany and than allow another mid major to finish the job?I had no answers so I took it out on some household items. I just knew instantly after that game it would be played for years to come and be listed as one of the top David vs Galiath upsets. And it pissed me off to no end.

I don't think I watched ESPN for weeks after that game. Didn't visit The Boneyard for at least a week. My dog, god rest his soul, was sort of afraid of me from that game on. The entire off season was disinterest on my end. I really wanted nothing to do with the program, it was like being associated with a loser in my mind.

Only the 2011 run really cured my demons from that horrible aftermath. Thankfully I had no idea what UConn basketball was in 1990 or 1994. I couldn't imagine how I'd react to the Laettner shot or Donyell's missed free throws.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
The worst loss thread had a couple good stories on it regarding what Boneyarders did after a tough Huskies loss. I figured the Boneyard is filled with some fellow lunatics, so there could be some good stories on here.

Me?

In 2011 when we lost to Marquette in OT, I was so angry I ripped the promotional Kemba Walker lifesize poster off my wall in a fit of rage that could only be described as a young man tantrum

Needless to say, I felt pretty stupid and very sheepish hanging it back up (albeit ripped in a few parts) a few short weeks later.

I'm not very proud of my actions.

Let's hear some stories Boneyard!

Let's see - (in no particular order)
Toolsies pass cost me a house plant
Donyell's free throw almost cost me a TV at the local bar (thankfully I missed as well)
Laetner's shot took 5 years off of my life (still waiting for him to show up at the bar some day just so I can buy the house a round and exclaim " Bartender - buy everyone a drink BUT not that miserable ducker!")
NCCA loss to NC state ( Steve Blake) lent to a three day black out - I think that I ended up in Jersey - maybe
George Mason (at least 1 remote along with a formerly, very nice glass ashtray)
Miss St - hoarse for three days after continually screaming " why were they walking the ball up court)
Can't count the Providence losses (except for one at the Civic Center that very prematurely ended a well planned Hartford outing)

On the plus side - I didn't have to kill my son as Tate made the shot (he disturbed the mojo during that last minute- He is somewhat grateful to Tate whether he knows it or not)

Reaction Score
I'll add one more to my resume.

2002 Elite Eight my wife(a key figure in this story) and I are at the Dome for UConn-Maryland.
The entire game somebody right behind me is killing UCONN the entire game. I don't turn around and I stay calm(for me). My wife keeps giving me THE LOOK(the don't start there are little kids around look ). Hoping we can pull it out so I can have a " Winning Smirk moment" with leather lung behind me. Not to be.

I remember TROB missing a shot off the square-game over. Then everything is fuzzy.

I hear that voice again saying UCONN you suck blah blah blah.

I do the only mature thing I can think of................

I whip around not even looking to see who was talking crap and pull up my sweatshirt showing my 1999 NC Championship shirt and scream at the smack talker -When you get one of these you can open your mouth and I go on. not realizing he was a 16 year old kid-my wife was so embarrassed. Especially that her 41 husband(at the time) was screaming at a 16 year old.

The 5 plus hour ride back home was pretty much silent-except for me muttering yeah well we could of won.

BTW Maryland WON the NC that year -I guess the kid got his shirt !!!!!!
Ah memories.

Reaction Score
These are just the ones that stick out. Their are just too many to mention really.

UCLA 96: I just remember going in feeling like this was their best chance with the team they had, and Ray Ray had been, up to that point, my favorite player ever. Then they got into an absolute shootout with the golden bruins, just an unfortunate matchup, since it felt to me as though we were the second best team in the field that year. Oh yea and Miss. St. the next year was pretty terrible too. But that just seemed like a bad matchup and us getting caught looking ahead.

'Cuse 98: Sucked since we were sooooo good that year, I thought maybe we'd have a chance to run the table. But of course the double whammy of Rip and Jake being out for that game messed it all up. Still a sliver of hope after the first half but, if memory serves, they just killed us on the boards in the second to take us down. I don't think I said a word for the rest of the night.

Miami 98: Just a total WTF stomach punch game. Threw my soda down and walked out of the room.

G. Mason: I had taken the week off of work for the tourney that year. I just drank keg beer until I didn't remember the rest of the night.

Texas 03: The stress of this game forced me to watch it from outside and through the window of the apartment party I was at at Celeron at the time. Seeing Marcus White pinning the ball and the end result ruined what should've been a fun night for me.

I guess I don't really flip out so much as just get into a crummy mood.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Its been a while since I broke my hands, I hope it doesn't happen the rest of this year.

Reaction Score
The worst game ever was when Tim Brown scored right after the Jasper Howard murder.

The Jasper Howard murder was the absolute low moment as a husky fan.
That was by far the worst football loss for me. Was sitting in the rutgers section (tix bought on stubhub by a friend, at the time was unaware where we'd be located) and had to withstand the 400 lb fat guy in front of me jump up and down. When he turned around to gloat, my friend kicked the rest of his beer & nachos over. That got a cheer from the uconn crowd in the section.

Basketball, it had to be George Mason. I left campus. I couldnt be there anymore, I was so distraught. I just drove an hour back to my home. Didn't go back for 2 days I was so disgusted. Didn't call roommates, didn't notify professors about missing class. Just didn't care. Eventually came back, and the next weekend my friend decided to rip a drain pipe off of charter oak suites. At the time, it helped ease the pain. Ahh college...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
it did take three hours to get her down and she was teething....:)

Dude, that's pretty duck*ed up.

You need to control yourself, maybe talk to someone about these emotional issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom