What's your biggest flip out after a UConn loss? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What's your biggest flip out after a UConn loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Elite 8 vs Maryland in 2002. That was such a fun team to watch and thought they had a good shot at winning the whole thing. With the way Caron was playing down the stretch it was obvious he was going pro and i wanted to see them at least make it to the Final Four. I put a blank VHS tape in to record that game (little before the DVR days). When the game was over i...well lets just say i feel bad for that VHS tape.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'd like to think the near-universal ignoring of The Free Throws is because we all blacked out before OT started.

You know.
You all know.

"Remember, the whole world is watching."
Definitely the hardest I ever took a UConn loss. And I hate to admit that I still have never forgiven him for that. No player has ever fallen further, faster with me. Arguably the best single season ever by a UConn player, forever tarnished in an instant.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I guess this thread makes me realize I deal with rough losses with sex. Unless someone brought up Jackson State and I missed... I dealt with them in a consistent manner. And pretty much the good wins too - except Gonzaga in the Elite 8 - had to just take the win and move on.

Reaction Score
I might have repeatedly peed on a visiting Lousville car in 2011 after the Huskies choked off on very winnable game due to last-minutes errors. Not proud of it but I thought I helped wash off a stockpile of snow on the windshield using biodegradable resources.

Reaction Score
The oft-mentioned 2003 game against Miami probably led to my worst decision after a game.

I just couldn't believe what had happened and I remember thinking "What are other people saying about this?" So I went online to read about the game and found my way to the ESPN message boards. After that, my productivity at work dropped off dramatically. In addition, I had the misfortune of having to wade through the trolls and morons on those boards.

As a silver lining, I found my way to the Boneyard several years ago. Still not as productive in the office as I was 10+ years ago, though.

Reaction Score
I'd like to think the near-universal ignoring of The Free Throws is because we all blacked out before OT started.

You know.
You all know.

"Remember, the whole world is watching."

For some reason the FL game and the Mason game were the two that hit me hard.

The FL game I ran to the restroom all giddy that Donyell was sinking both FTs. Well.....there was quite a bit of an argument between me and the ex wife. She was all religious and asked that we pray for a better showing next year. I wasn't in a praying mood after the game and admittedly my response was not very mature.

The Mason game was pure arrogance on my part. To the last second I was so confident Denahm was sinking the 3. It hit me after a week and only cried then.

tv

Reaction Score
This is a truly classic thread...would love for MakersMuppet to chime in.

Personally, I needed to redo some drywall after the Maryland loss in '02.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This is a truly classic thread...would love for MakersMuppet to chime in.

Personally, I needed to redo some drywall after the Maryland loss in '02.
As for Makers Muppet, the brightest stars are the ones that shine the briefest. The good news is new stars are born all the time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To the last second I was so confident Denahm was sinking the 3. It hit me after a week and only cried then.

That's funny, there was no doubt in my mind he was going to miss. There was Rashad wide open and waving for the ball, he would have made it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Definitely the hardest I ever took a UConn loss. And I hate to admit that I still have never forgiven him for that. No player has ever fallen further, faster with me. Arguably the best single season ever by a UConn player, forever tarnished in an instant.

Especially when you heard about the all-nigher he had the earlier that day. That season he went 20-20 at MSG and he couldn't make 1?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Especially when you heard about the all-nigher he had the earlier that day. That season he went 20-20 at MSG and he couldn't make 1?
Without question, hearing about the partying until 3:00 a.m. sealed the deal. I was at the 20-20, 42-point MSG game earlier that season. I had never seen anything like it. But he went from hero to zero with me after that loss and all that followed. As we know, we had plenty of painful losses before and since, but the combination of the fact that we had yet to reach the promised land and his all-nighter before that game stuck with me for so long that I really could never shake it. I know he made the right financial decision to jump after that given the impending salary cap, but that just added insult to injury for me--however misplaced.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I threw up in my mouth ( and sometimes dribbled some on the carpet) every time that kid on Miss St. with the ugliest shot in history hit a 3 in the 96 sweet 16. That Uconn team was a juggernaut.

Oh, and for the 94 Donyell missed FT my band was setup waiting to play and obviously wouldn't start until game was over (game went pretty late). when we lost in OT I packed my stuff up and didnt play, which was ok because everyone was so pissed they left the bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I had the flu for the six ot game against cuse. I took nyquil which normally knocks me the out, but my adrenaline was pumping, I made it through the first five overtimes on adrenaline alone, but the at the end of the sixth all I could muster was falling into a pile on the floor and slowly pouting as a passed out for the night. (Not really an extreme reaction itself but surely hilarious if you had seen it)

Reaction Score
I broke most of the dishes in my apartment @ Carriage House after the Maryland loss. I was more upset that that was the end of Caron's time at UConn.

I cried (I was 10) when Chrissy hit that shot and again in a different way when Donyell choked against Fla St. After losing to Mason, I drank so much whiskey that I threw up in a laundry basket and subsequently passed out in the bathtub (adjacent to said laundry basket).

I don't get nearly as angry today; I just get depressed and despondent after a particularly bad loss.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What's the biggest flip out you guys have had after a UConn win?
Immediately at the end of the '99 Championship, I came as close to transforming into a pure animal in thought and instinct as is probably possible. I just ran - bobbing and weaving and howling loudly and speaking in tongues. I have no idea exactly how long I was in that state, but I came to my senses while staring at the fire that was burning in the Jungle quad.

Good times...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In the Scotty to Tate pass and Tate making last second shot, I jumped up and down so much, I caused damage to the ceiling of the floor below! I think my vertical was 42 inches. First and last times in my life I achieved that.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I wanna know who has gone to jail as a result of a UConn loss.

Reaction Score
Immediately at the end of the '99 Championship, I came as close to transforming into a pure animal in thought and instinct as is probably possible. I just ran - bobbing and weaving and howling loudly and speaking in tongues. I have no idea exactly how long I was in that state, but I came to my senses while staring at the fire that was burning in the Jungle quad.

Good times...

I was a sophomore living in the Jungle at that time. It was an impressive fire.

Reaction Score
The Mason game was pure arrogance on my part. To the last second I was so confident Denham was sinking the 3. It hit me after a week and only cried then.

We had some "event that couldn't be skipped" (wedding, baptism, etc) that day, so I set recorded the game. I set the VCR to record for 3 hours, just in case the game before UConn/GM ran long and the UConn game started late. Didn't consider the possibility of overtime.

We avoided hearing about the game while we were out. Came home, watched the game and had the tape end just as ball was being passed to Denham for the final shot. Had to run to the the computer to find that he missed. Sucks to think about now just as much as it did then.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I've gotten pretty mad after losses, but haven't done anything overly stupid. I did, however, go to the 6 OT game, and was pretty depressed afterward. By the time we walked back to Grand Central, we had missed the last train back to CT. We checked out one of the hotels nearby, but they were looking for around $400 for the night. So we decided to head to a bar to try to hang out for a bit. We walked into the first bar we saw and sat down on some couches in back. We hung out for about 20 minutes before realizing it was a gay bar. At that point, we were so tired we didn't even care. Then when the bar closed, we just kind of wandered around for an hour or so until Grand Central opened up again.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm creative with profanity and I've said things that have specifically horrified my inlaws to such a degree that my wife tries to make me go upstairs to watch UConn or the Vikings when they're here. They're here this weekend and although I'll probably be perfectly fine, the Vikings/Packers game tomorrow night has my wife on edge.

Guessing a lot of kicked baskets tonight?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Guessing a lot of kicked baskets tonight?

Nah, I kind of expected this coming in and then when Ponder's vaginitis flared up, I gave up all hope.

Even so, I have to admit that it was quite a bit uglier than even I thought it would be.

Webb...wow. Wow.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Nah, I kind of expected this coming in and then when Ponder's vaginitis flared up, I gave up all hope.

Even so, I have to admit that it was quite a bit uglier than even I thought it would be.

Webb...wow. Wow.
On the bright side, they didn't string you along to the Super Bowl again.

Reaction Score
I finally outdid myself last night. Let me start by saying I'm certainly not proud of my behavior and I don't think it's cool. During the 2nd half against PC I punched my coffee table, and my beer spilled all over my MacBook Air. It won't turn on and I just brought it to the Apple store. $750 to repair. I blame PeeCee fans for my erratic behavior, but whatever it takes to get the win right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom