What's your biggest flip out after a UConn loss? | The Boneyard

What's your biggest flip out after a UConn loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The worst loss thread had a couple good stories on it regarding what Boneyarders did after a tough Huskies loss. I figured the Boneyard is filled with some fellow lunatics, so there could be some good stories on here.

Me?

In 2011 when we lost to Marquette in OT, I was so angry I ripped the promotional Kemba Walker lifesize poster off my wall in a fit of rage that could only be described as a young man tantrum

Needless to say, I felt pretty stupid and very sheepish hanging it back up (albeit ripped in a few parts) a few short weeks later.

I'm not very proud of my actions.

Let's hear some stories Boneyard!

Reaction Score
I forget which game it was but after a last second loss a few years ago I threw my cable remote hard at the floor. It popped apart with pieces going everywhere. I taped it back together and the only buttons that worked were the up/down channel buttons.

Reaction Score
A kid on my floor in Lafayette freshman year punched through a window after The Darius Rice Incident. Just decided it was the right idea.

That game for me too.

I lived in Morgan for 4 years, but was gone by the time that game came along. Good thing because when he hit that shot I started hitting shots too...many of them and hard. I don't think I could stand but I still knew enough not to make the pass that Tooles did.

Reaction Score
I broke my glass table when Hibbert hit that game-winning 3 against us.

Reaction Score
I threw a glass of soda at my TV at the end of the NC State tourney game (maybe 05/06 ?). Cracked the TV, broke the glass.
My girlfriend at the time almost left me (i wish she did...i married her soon after. It was a disaster... divorced very soon after that)

Reaction Score
The 09-10' season definitely cost me a few hundred dollars. I broke a lamp and punched a hole in my closet. The next year I broke up with my girlfriend (after a win) against USF in overtime.

Reaction Score
I threw a glass of soda at my TV at the end of the NC State tourney game (maybe 05/06 ?). Cracked the TV, broke the glass.
My girlfriend at the time almost left me (i wish she did...i married her soon after. It was a disaster... divorced very soon after that)

I have a very similar story. Threw a plastic cup of water at my 50 inch flat screen. The water seeped in and almost immediately and short circuited the TV. Turned the screen all different trippy colors. That was due to last year's inept team of over-hyped underachievers. The worst part is I can't even remember specifically which game. I reached my boiling point with that team who should have been so much better. Constant stagnant terrible non-scripted offense. Shot clocks at 10 seconds before they even got their acts together to move and get into a play. Looking like they had never played together before and didn't know how to create to get their own shot up or create for someone else. O well. That was with my fiancee who rightfully had choice words with me. We are married now. Hopefully she has learned my passion for my UCONN teams by now and realizes anything is possible when watching those games.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Punched a door in a sports bar when Laettner eliminated us in the final 8. At the time I figured we would never have a better shot at a final four.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stoopidest thing I ever did after a loss was cancel a date with a hot chick. Probably was during the Dream Season. I just couldn't muster the excitement to go through with the date that night. And...I never got a shot with her again.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The inverse:

When UConn was going down to Duke in the 1991 Sweet 16 I was at a party. Duke got up big in the second half, so I stopped watching the game, rejoined the party, ended up dancing and ultimately hooking up with one of the best looking scores of all time for me. She was pretty cool too.

Reaction Score
I have 2. I broke my friends glass coffee table by throwing a baseball threw it after john Cahill blew a call in a Cincy game. and I cried when we lost to George Mason.

Reaction Score
I've broken more than a couple remotes in my day (I try to set aside a couple per season, you know, kind of like headcase NBA players who hand in their fine money before the year), but two incidents stand out: the first was when we lost to Notre Dame on Kemba's senior day. I stormed up to my bedroom and chucked something hard through my window as glass shattered everywhere. Nearly two years later, that window still hasn't been repaired. You can imagine how difficult it is to sleep during the winter as the cold New England air swirls right into my room. The second incident occured during a loss to Rutgers last season, which saw me pick up a large chair in my living room and lofting it all the way down the stairs. Luckily nobody was hurt.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Jesus. What a bunch of degenerates. I can't wait to show this to my wife, there is no way she can ever get mad at my outbursts after you lot. Darius Rice is a funny memory for me now. Lived in hunting lodge with two friends directly above 3 more. It was somebody's birthday and we were all liqoured up and halfway out the door to the pub when toolsie threw that pass. Without a word being exchanged, the Tv went off and everyone 180d into their bedrooms. The night was over.

The flip of that was shad v Washington. When the onions came out (again) the ensuing pig pile on my upstairs apartment floor led to a visit from rocky hills finest about 5 min later. I met the cops in the parking lot and said: "sorry shad from 25 ft.". Cops had it on in their cruisers. It was great.

Reaction Score
Well the George mason fiasco is the obvious choice... And our 2006 team was clearly the best team in the nation. But the best team doesnt always (or usually) win. But at least we didn't lose to Albany (16 vs 1 very scary close game). Honestly we've been pretty on point in big games, or I should say JC was always ready to go in big games and pulled them out.

For me the only final four we've ever lost (to MSU) hurts not so much for the loss but for the dyson injury. That ring was probably ours without it. But every top program has an injury year like that. On the flip, Kentucky beat Ohio state in elite 8 2011, creating a matchup that may have secured our third ring.

If you look back to the summer, I think most of you would be very pleased at the competitiveness of this team. The Marquette loss was rough, but its not like we have much to play for in trophies. This year is about next march, mr emmert made it that way. I like where we sit. Going to lose some bad ones and probably beat some people we shouldn't. At least it's exciting

Reaction Score
I think I considered jumping out the window of the 5th floor Buckley dorm during the early 2nd half of the Albany game.

I've never really had a "flip out" after a game, but I cried like a baby after the Michigan State loss, basically because it was my senior year and essentially signaled the end of my college career. That was a tough one for me.

D

Deleted member 3149

Well the George mason fiasco is the obvious choice... And our 2006 team was clearly the best team in the nation. But the best team doesnt always (or usually) win. But at least we didn't lose to Albany (16 vs 1 very scary close game). Honestly we've been pretty on point in big games, or I should say JC was always ready to go in big games and pulled them out.

For me the only final four we've ever lost (to MSU) hurts not so much for the loss but for the dyson injury. That ring was probably ours without it. But every top program has an injury year like that. On the flip, Kentucky beat Ohio state in elite 8 2011, creating a matchup that may have secured our third ring.

If you look back to the summer, I think most of you would be very pleased at the competitiveness of this team. The Marquette loss was rough, but its not like we have much to play for in trophies. This year is about next march, mr emmert made it that way. I like where we sit. Going to lose some bad ones and probably beat some people we shouldn't. At least it's exciting
I honestly think we got to the final 4 because of the Dyson injury. It allowed for Kemba and AJ to shine.

Reaction Score
I was on a date with probably the hottest girl that ever agreed to date and sleep with me the night of the Albany game. Saw the game / score with 10 mins or so to go (we were down pretty big at the time)on a tv in a window in NYC / g village... And refused to leave the window until it was settled, that didn't sit well with the lady, pretty much ended it. I stand by my decision

Reaction Score
I honestly think we got to the final 4 because of the Dyson injury. It allowed for Kemba and AJ to shine.

I respect your opinion, but disagree... Our path wasn't very hard to final four, the chemistry you rightly point out was nice but not that necessary. Without Dyson, MSU wasn't going to be without our long term starting five. Hey, there's worse things than losing to a Tom izzo team, dude teaches his teams to bang, as did Calhoun. It's the soft teams we eat for breakfast, especially in the tourney

Reaction Score
I respect your opinion, but disagree... Our path wasn't very hard to final four, the chemistry you rightly point out was nice but not that necessary. Without Dyson, MSU wasn't going to be without our long term starting five. Hey, there's worse things than losing to a Tom izzo team, dude teaches his teams to bang, as did Calhoun. It's the soft teams we eat for breakfast, especially in the tourney

Dyson was awesome with that group. We were firing on all cylinders when he went down. His performance the following year wasn't very good, but in 08-09, we were unstoppable with Dyson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom