Walker and Westbrook | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Walker and Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, and Delta State and Queens College (NY). The D1 colleges had not discovered WBB yet.

To be fair, EDD should be listed as a UConn signee. And Cox hasn't played a game yet.
Why? She never played a game there.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
To be fair, EDD should be listed as a UConn signee. And Cox hasn't played a game yet.

I wasn't listing who was a signee I was listing number 1 players and where they played. EDD played for Delaware, and was amazing, but never secured a title like others on that list.

I listed Cox bc I like round numbers (like 10!) and hoopgurlz only went back so far :D Baylor won't win a title with her on the roster, that would be a stretch

Reaction Score
All good things must come to a end. There will be no title for U Conn this year. Baylor, South Carolina or Notre Dame will walk away with the hardware this time around.

Yes.. and Baylor, South Carolina and Notre Dame all #1 seeds last year made it to the final four... Oh wait.. they didn't.... hmmm yeah i'm sure one of them will take it this year... (sarcasim, incase you didnt get it). :)

Reaction Score
How can you say that when none even made the FF this past year.

Reaction Score
How can you say that when none even made the FF this past year.
I can say it based on what they have coming back and what they have coming in and what the other teams lost and have coming in. U Conn lost 3 All Americans and Dangerfield is the only blue chip they brought in. Baylor has 4 of 5 starters back and Added 2 Mcdonalds All Americans. South Carolina has the twin towers back and 2 transfers that are lights out. Notre Dame only lost 2 players and has 2 preseason All Americans and 8 Mcdonalds All Americans and they added a 2 time Gatorade Player Of The Year and The all time leading scorer in Indiana Basketball history.Those teams didn't make it to the Final Four but were #1 seeds last year and will probably be the top 3 ranked teams in the polls when the first rankings come out unless U Conn is ranked ahead of any of them. Am i suppose to say Washington , Syracuse and Oregon St should be ranked higher because they made it to the Final Four? Upsets happen sometimes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can say it based on what they have coming back and what they have coming in and what the other teams lost and have coming in. U Conn lost 3 All Americans and Dangerfield is the only blue chip they brought in. Baylor has 4 of 5 starters back and Added 2 Mcdonalds All Americans. South Carolina has the twin towers back and 2 transfers that are lights out. Notre Dame only lost 2 players and has 2 preseason All Americans and 8 Mcdonalds All Americans and they added a 2 time Gatorade Player Of The Year and The all time leading scorer in Indiana Basketball history.Those teams didn't make it to the Final Four but were #1 seeds last year and will probably be the top 3 ranked teams in the polls when the first rankings come out unless U Conn is ranked ahead of any of them. Am i suppose to say Washington , Syracuse and Oregon St should be ranked higher because they made it to the Final Four? Upsets happen sometimes.
Uhm....
Kaela Davis FG% =36.4%, 3PFG% =28.9%. Not exactly what I'd call "lights out", but by all means "Bombs away Kaela -way to keep us in the game"- screams the opposing coach!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well let's see what has happened with the last 10 #1 recruits who tried that (per Hoopgurlz):

2016 Lauren Cox BAYLOR
2015 KLS UCONN
2014 A'ja Wilson USCar
2013 Mercedes Russell TENN
2012 Stewie UCONN
2011 KML UCONN
2010 C. Ogwumike STANFORD
2009 Britney Griner BAYLOR
2008 EDD DELAWARE
2007 Maya Moore UCONN

Now let's count the titles with these players ON THE ROSTER:

USCar 0
TENNESSEE 0
STANFORD 0
DELAWARE 0
BAYLOR 1
UCONN 6

Yeah, ummm, not so sure other programs have figured out how to do this just yet...

Wait, you are already count Cox out after zero games played? That's harsh!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Uhm....
Kaela Davis FG% =36.4%, 3PFG% =28.9%. Not exactly what I'd call "lights out", but by all means "Bombs away Kaela -way to keep us in the game"- screams the opposing coach!

Kaela Davis was basically the only threat that GT had. She had to take a lot of shots that were low percentage. That will not be the case at SC. Her shooting percentage will go up because she is surrounded by better players. Basketball 101.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kaela Davis was basically the only threat that GT had. She had to take a lot of shots that were low percentage. That will not be the case at SC. Her shooting percentage will go up because she is surrounded by better players. Basketball 101.
Not basketball 101-more wishful thinking on your part and not correct. GT other 4 starters all shot the ball statistically better than Davis during both of her seasons in GT uniform. The disproportionate attempts in shot attempts for Davis was unconscionable at any level of Basketball-ie Bad Coaching. Dawn will try but sometimes a leopard CANNOT change their spots. The next time Davis plays defense will be the first.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not basketball 101-more wishful thinking on your part and not correct. GT other 4 starters all shot the ball statistically better than Davis during both of her seasons in GT uniform. The disproportionate attempts in shot attempts for Davis was unconscionable at any level of Basketball-ie Bad Coaching. Dawn will try but sometimes a leopard CANNOT change their spots.

Well, let's compare her shooting percentage at the end of this upcoming season to what it was at GT. I will bet you dimes to doughnuts that it is considerably better.

Nine Phoenix Mercury players had better shooting percentages than DT this season. How many do you think are better players?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, let's compare her shooting percentage at the end of this upcoming season to what it was at GT. I will bet you dimes to doughnuts that it is considerably better.
Define "considerable".

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Define "considerable".

I edited my previous post, so I wanted to make sure you saw the addition. Nine Phoenix Mercury players have better shooting percentages that DT this season. How many of those player do you think are better players?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Quantify "considerable".
FYI Davis won the 3 Point shooting contest at the MacDonalds ALL-American game. She has the ability to shoot but the other finer points of the game like shot selection, passing and defense-FORGETABOUTIT!

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I edited my previous post, so I wanted to make sure you saw the addition. Nine Phoenix Mercury players have better shooting percentages that DT this season. How many of those player do you think are better players?
Zero.

Reaction Score
Uhm....
All the talent these 3 teams had last year and 2 lost in the Sweet 16 and 1 in the Elite 8. My point is just because you have talent does not make you a FF team. IMO all 3 coaches are overrated and only win because of the talent they have. Mulkeys undefeated team won because they had BG. She should have won 3. Staleys team was a top team 3 years in a row and lost to Syracuse in the S16. With the twin towers and Mitchell still couldnt win. McGraw allows Stanford to score over 90pts. Tara does it again. In 2001 ND beat Uconn because the Huskies played one of their worst halves ever in the FF and that is the only reason MM has a NC! WCBB is wide open this year and my pick for Favorite to win is ND but the 2 best coaches in the game dont coch at these 3 schools. They coach at Uconn and Stanford!

Reaction Score

Nine Phoenix Mercury players had better shooting percentages than DT this season. How many do you think are better players?
Bad comparison and if you want to compare. Do it from their college days and nobody and I do meen nobody won a WCBB NC like Diana did and she did it twice. As far as Davis it seems she is that type of offensive player who is a shoot first then pass. IMO she needs to mature and start idenifying good shots for herself. You are right about the good players around her but that only goes so far. Hopefully Dawn has watched film with her and that is what she has been working on.

Reaction Score
Immaculata (sp?) was the team to beat when I started following women's basketball. I could not watch it because it was not on television in St. Louis. That was when the teams were in the AIAW.

Yeah, I remember going to the AIAW Championship in '73 on the Queens College Campus in NY. Immaculata won going away. Remember the nuns in the front row banging away on the pots with various kitchen implements. What fun!

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
Would love to see MW at Uconn but if she chooses another school I will still root for her and can't wait to see how her play develops. Westbrook was always rumored to stay on the west coast, but I don't know. The ND coaches flew back out to visit her after the official visit. I'm thinking ND and maybe they will go together . Crazy, can't wait to find out who's going where....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yeah, I remember going to the AIAW Championship in '73 on the Queens College Campus in NY. Immaculata won going away. Remember the nuns in the front row banging away on the pots with various kitchen implements. What fun!
Hopefully you got to relive at least some of it from the movie Mighty Mac's

Reaction Score
Westbrook was always rumored to stay on the west coast, but I don't know. The ND coaches flew back out to visit her after the official visit. I'm thinking ND and maybe they will go together . Crazy, can't wait to find out who's going where....
Westbrook is here in the DMV for her official visit at Maryland. This is Maryland's homecoming weekend.

Reaction Score
haven't been following discussion here.... but Westbrook... man wouldn't it be great if she chose Oregon St...... that coach has built that program from NOTHING just several years ago.... when i think he went to the campus paper to solicit tryouts for the team.... he has come a long way and without primo recruits.... i hope he gets this gal

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
haven't been following discussion here.... but Westbrook... man wouldn't it be great if she chose Oregon St. that coach has built that program from NOTHING just several years ago.... when i think he went to the campus paper to solicit tryouts for the team.... he has come a long way and without primo recruits.... i hope he gets this gal

It would be interesting.. but Oregon State was in the Final Four last year so they no longer get to play that "everybody's favorite up-and-comer/loser" sympathy card. They are HERE. They are serious competition for any top 15 program and judging by how they recruit will continue to be so.

So no, it wouldn't be cool if Westbrook went to Oregon State. In fact, I would be alarmed.

;)

I'm only half kidding. :D

Reaction Score
It would be interesting.. but Oregon State was in the Final Four last year so they no longer get to play that "everybody's favorite up-and-comer/loser" sympathy card. They are HERE. They are serious competition for any top 15 program and judging by how they recruit will continue to be so.

So no, it wouldn't be cool if Westbrook went to Oregon State. In fact, I would be alarmed.

;)

I'm only half kidding. :D

Here's my recruiting philosophy...............if UConn doesn't get em I say send them to the "Left Coast"!!!!!:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom