Walker and Westbrook | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Walker and Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
W
What little I can see if this mostly white uniform it is head and shoulders over that hideous, bilious green uniform they have worn for the last two seasons on the road. The theory of sticking a recruit in your uniform eludes me though; sort of belittles the intelligence of a recruit to think it would have an impact.

way back in the dark old daze--before the Maya S--tuff--Pat Summit gave Uniform shirts/tops with the recruits Name /number on it.
There is a story about a shirt on the lawn of a recruit--but the details elude me. Point is kids wearing T's or Uniform Tops isn't new.
The idea is to make the kid feel they are already part of the program. Kids wearing that stuff--says nearly nothing about which school they shall attend. Uconn, ND, Tx--everyone has school T's. and hand them out. Geno, to my knowledge, never had a kids uniform top ready before they signed on the dotted line..

Reaction Score
W

way back in the dark old daze--before the Maya S--tuff--Pat Summit gave Uniform shirts/tops with the recruits Name /number on it.
There is a story about a shirt on the lawn of a recruit--but the details elude me. Point is kids wearing T's or Uniform Tops isn't new.
The idea is to make the kid feel they are already part of the program. Kids wearing that stuff--says nearly nothing about which school they shall attend. Uconn, ND, Tx--everyone has school T's. and hand them out. Geno, to my knowledge, never had a kids uniform top ready before they signed on the dotted line..
Im not a big fan of it. Its a tease to us fans.

Reaction Score
When i started watching women's basketball Old Dominion was the team to beat.
Now JMU in the CAA (or it was until Kenny took the VT job)---I remember the ODU games with Uconn--they were not always gimme's..

Reaction Score
You said this after Diana left right? And after Maya too I think. Oh and definitely after Tina and Kaleena and I'm sure it's definitely the end now that Stewie is gone. WOW and to think I thought the end was way back after Rebecca left. This has got to be it, for sure, the end of titles. I mean why would UCONN win more titles? Its not like they have a good coach that can muster a team to a championship. That definitely can't happen.

C'mon, man...Let's get real =D
I never said this after anyone left. But have any of those teams ever lost 3 All Americans in the same year ? To still be talking about them being a Final Four team or winning another title after that is unreal. Most teams would be in the rebuilding stage but U Conn keeps rolling. pretty Impressive.

Reaction Score
I've read this whole thread, and I believe we have more evidence here that UConn opponents smell blood in the water. The fact that the Lady Bears came out of hibernation as soon as Bre, Mo, and Morgan graduated indicates that other programs feel empowered--not by challenging the most successful WCBB team in history but by dropping out of sight until they think they can beat the Huskies. Hey, you can't lose to UConn if you don't play them. (ND, on the other hand, has never seemed afraid to play UConn or to be intimidated by them when they shared the court. Good for the Irish.) As to the issue of whether the Huskies are vulnerable this season: that remains to be seen. The only proven vet on the team is Kia Nurse; Lou demonstrated last year what her potential is, as did Napheesa and Gabby. If these players pan out (and Gabby for one improved tremendously as a sophomore), other teams should find the going very tough. Frankly, opponents better get UConn this year because next year it's a NC all over again. Oh, and the year after next year . . .

Reaction Score
I've read this whole thread, and I believe we have more evidence here that UConn opponents smell blood in the water. The fact that the Lady Bears came out of hibernation as soon as Bre, Mo, and Morgan graduated indicates that other programs feel empowered--not by challenging the most successful WCBB team in history but by dropping out of sight until they think they can beat the Huskies. Hey, you can't lose to UConn if you don't play them. (ND, on the other hand, has never seemed afraid to play UConn or to be intimidated by them when they shared the court. Good for the Irish.) As to the issue of whether the Huskies are vulnerable this season: that remains to be seen. The only proven vet on the team is Kia Nurse; Lou demonstrated last year what her potential is, as did Napheesa and Gabby. If these players pan out (and Gabby for one improved tremendously as a sophomore), other teams should find the going very tough. Frankly, opponents better get UConn this year because next year it's a NC all over again. Oh, and the year after next year . . .
All you say might be true. But i wouldn't give them the next 2 titles after next year. I think Notre Dame matches up well with them next year. They have tons of guards and Turner and Boley will be just as good if not better then Stevens and Camara. I also think where Walker and Westbrook go could play a factor. If Walker goes to Texas or N.D. that changes things in my opinion. If Walker and Westbrook both go to N.D. then U Conn we have a problem .Not just the next 2 years but many years to come. I can see several players down the road wanting to play with those 2. A lot of ifs . Will see how things pan out real soon.

Reaction Score
Sorry, Maryland won NC in 2006, not 1996.
Grand Ma it's time to take your pills.

DI Women's Basketball
Sorry, Maryland won NC in 2006, not 1996.
Grand Ma it's time to take your pills.

DI Women's Basketball
Your right deary ( In my best Grand Ma voice ) But Tennessee won it in 2006 and 2007 and 2008 so that proves my point even better. U Connn was not the team to beat 20 years ago. Tennessee was.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I never said this after anyone left. But have any of those teams ever lost 3 All Americans in the same year ? To still be talking about them being a Final Four team or winning another title after that is unreal. Most teams would be in the rebuilding stage but U Conn keeps rolling. pretty Impressive.

A reminder for you -- and Muffet and Kim and Dawn. Read the quote below, in blue. ;)

Reaction Score
Here you go again,
Maryland won 2006, not Tennessee ....LOL
Nothing like getting showed up by a squirrel .No more posting after 12 hour shifts and a few cocktails lol. Tennessee won in 1996, 1997 and 1998. My bad. Im sure you will let me know if i screwed up again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Immaculata (sp?) was the team to beat when I started following women's basketball. I could not watch it because it was not on television in St. Louis. That was when the teams were in the AIAW.
Old School.

Reaction Score
Big loss for JMU. I thought that Shea Ralph would have been perfect for that job.

Reaction Score
Old School.

Yeah, and Delta State and Queens College (NY). The D1 colleges had not discovered WBB yet.
Well let's see what has happened with the last 10 #1 recruits who tried that (per Hoopgurlz):

2016 Lauren Cox BAYLOR
2015 KLS UCONN
2014 A'ja Wilson USCar
2013 Mercedes Russell TENN
2012 Stewie UCONN
2011 KML UCONN
2010 C. Ogwumike STANFORD
2009 Britney Griner BAYLOR
2008 EDD DELAWARE
2007 Maya Moore UCONN

Now let's count the titles with these players ON THE ROSTER:

USCar 0
TENNESSEE 0
STANFORD 0
DELAWARE 0
BAYLOR 1
UCONN 6

Yeah, ummm, not so sure other programs have figured out how to do this just yet...

To be fair, EDD should be listed as a UConn signee. And Cox hasn't played a game yet.

Reaction Score
There is a pic on both their twitter accounts of them standing back to back wearing Irish uniforms. If only it were a reality.

You would never accept the visit if you aren't willing to put on the unis. It's polite, if not entirely consistent with their statements that they haven't made their final decision yet.

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't win, it will be because of maturity, not talent. They have everything but rebounding at a championship level. Heavy burden on Butler to finally meet expectations. How high can Williams and Collier reach? Other teams have more predictable size and experience, until the transfers are eligible...but... we do have Geno; the best big-game coach in all of the major sports. We're 1 year away from dominance.

Reaction Score
If UConn doesn't win, it will be because of maturity, not talent. They have everything but rebounding at a championship level. Heavy burden on Butler to finally meet expectations. How high can Williams and Collier reach? Other teams have more predictable size and experience, until the transfers are eligible...but... we do have Geno; the best big-game coach in all of the major sports. We're 1 year away from dominance.
Geno said we have Katie Lou and Kia .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom