Walker and Westbrook | The Boneyard

Walker and Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is a pic on both their twitter accounts of them standing back to back wearing Irish uniforms. If only it were a reality.

Reaction Score
Dream on...I doubt if either of them end up at ND. These kids nowadays are playing the recruiting game better than the coaches. If I were a recruit I would do the same. The school that doesn't allow me to wear a uniform would make me want it more. The fact recruits can say they've worn a school uniform before even committing says a lot for the schools. I would have to choose the school that didn't kiss my rear end. I couldn't care less where they commit, but wherever they go into wish them the best!

Reaction Score
There is a pic on both their twitter accounts of them standing back to back wearing Irish uniforms. If only it were a reality.
Megan was wearing a UConn t-shirt at UConn..

Screenshot 12.png

Reaction Score
Looking back through her twitter, it seems as though Westbrook has done the same thing with Tennessee, as well as USC. Megan also posed in a uni at Texas

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What little I can see if this mostly white uniform it is head and shoulders over that hideous, bilious green uniform they have worn for the last two seasons on the road. The theory of sticking a recruit in your uniform eludes me though; sort of belittles the intelligence of a recruit to think it would have an impact.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Wearing a uniform says to me desperate coaches to desperate things to sway a recruit. UConn doesnt have to do any selling. Their records and players records speak for themselves. No other team can match that. Playtime is the most important thing for top players, next is National Championships and next is AA status. UConn has proven that and not other team has. So put on the uniform because all that matters to me is that you have the "want to" and if you do then you will commit to UConn. There are two types of people in WBB. Those who will and those who wont and theyre both right.

Reaction Score
Wearing a uniform says to me desperate coaches to desperate things to sway a recruit. UConn doesnt have to do any selling. Their records and players records speak for themselves. No other team can match that. Playtime is the most important thing for top players, next is National Championships and next is AA status. UConn has proven that and not other team has. So put on the uniform because all that matters to me is that you have the "want to" and if you do then you will commit to UConn. There are two types of people in WBB. Those who will and those who wont and theyre both right.
What if someone wants to be different and go against the grain and help another program become the next power house and take over the mighty U Conn? Nothing wrong with change. If that didnt happen in sports the same team would be the best all the time. That gets old after awhile. Actually its kind of old right now LOL.

Reaction Score
What little I can see if this mostly white uniform it is head and shoulders over that hideous, bilious green uniform they have worn for the last two seasons on the road. The theory of sticking a recruit in your uniform eludes me though; sort of belittles the intelligence of a recruit to think it would have an impact.
Who's to say it wasn't the girls idea? They might not of even put on the uniforms and it was photo shopped and done on computer.

Reaction Score
Looking back through her twitter, it seems as though Westbrook has done the same thing with Tennessee, as well as USC. Megan also posed in a uni at Texas
Yes i saw that to. That's why i said if only it were real.

Reaction Score
Dream on...I doubt if either of them end up at ND. These kids nowadays are playing the recruiting game better than the coaches. If I were a recruit I would do the same. The school that doesn't allow me to wear a uniform would make me want it more. The fact recruits can say they've worn a school uniform before even committing says a lot for the schools. I would have to choose the school that didn't kiss my rear end. I couldn't care less where they commit, but wherever they go into wish them the best!
So why do you doubt either end up at N.D? They have just as good a chance as anyone else. Only thing the Irish have against them is their all ready pretty solid at the guard position. If their not afraid of a little competition or worried about coming off the bench then they might play for N.D. They might not start at U Conn either so Texas might be best for Walker and Westbrook more then likely will play on the west coast where she is from like her father.

Reaction Score
Didn't say they didn't have a chance...just said that I doubt it. If they didn't have a chance, they wouldn't have been there! Having said that...STILL DOUBT IT! They would have to compete at any of the three schools. No other recruit is gonna just let them take playing time that easily !

Reaction Score
Didn't say they didn't have a chance...just said that I doubt it. If they didn't have a chance, they wouldn't have been there! Having said that...STILL DOUBT IT! They would have to compete at any of the three schools. No other recruit is gonna just let them take playing time that easily !
Yeah but Walker will start at Texas for sure. U Conn ans N.D. have really good guards in Nurse and Dangerfield and Mabrey, Allen, Ogumbawahle, Young and Patberg is back from injury and was a top recruit as well.

Reaction Score
But I think Walker is one very intelligent and forward thinking young person. She knows her overall basketball career won't be defined by whether she starts her first year or not.
You could be right. But being the top player and the confidence she has. I think she would think she is better then anyone at her position and want to start even in her first season. A team could play 3 guards and she could be a starter at U Conn or N.D.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
What if someone wants to be different and go against the grain and help another program become the next power house and take over the mighty U Conn? Nothing wrong with change. If that didnt happen in sports the same team would be the best all the time. That gets old after awhile. Actually its kind of old right now LOL.

Well let's see what has happened with the last 10 #1 recruits who tried that (per Hoopgurlz):

2016 Lauren Cox BAYLOR
2015 KLS UCONN
2014 A'ja Wilson USCar
2013 Mercedes Russell TENN
2012 Stewie UCONN
2011 KML UCONN
2010 C. Ogwumike STANFORD
2009 Britney Griner BAYLOR
2008 EDD DELAWARE
2007 Maya Moore UCONN

Now let's count the titles with these players ON THE ROSTER:

USCar 0
TENNESSEE 0
STANFORD 0
DELAWARE 0
BAYLOR 1
UCONN 6

Yeah, ummm, not so sure other programs have figured out how to do this just yet...

Reaction Score
Well let's see what has happened with the last 10 #1 recruits who tried that (per Hoopgurlz):

2016 Lauren Cox BAYLOR
2015 KLS UCONN
2014 A'ja Wilson USCar
2012 Stewie UCONN
2011 KML UCONN
2008 EDD DELAWARE
2007 Maya Moore UCONN

USCar 0
TENNESSEE 0
STANFORD 0
DELAWARE 0
BAYLOR 1
UCONN 6

Yeah, ummm, not so sure other programs have figured out how to do this just yet...
All good things must come to a end. There will be no title for U Conn this year. Baylor, South Carolina or Notre Dame will walk away with the hardware this time around.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

2016 Lauren Cox BAYLOR
2015 KLS UCONN
2014 A'ja Wilson USCar
2012 Stewie UCONN
2011 KML UCONN
2008 EDD DELAWARE
2007 Maya Moore UCONN

USCar 0
TENNESSEE 0
STANFORD 0
DELAWARE 0
BAYLOR 1
UCONN 6

If UCONN has one down year, people will be saying that the dynasty is over, parity has returned, yada yada yada. Just give Geno time to reload his gun.

And for the record, I don't think this year is going to be as down as some people on here are making it. I've yet seen a team that I think will be able to beat UCONN handily. This is a final four ball club.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All good things must come to a end. There will be no title for U Conn this year. Baylor, South Carolina or Notre Dame will walk away with the hardware this time around.

Haha. I wouldn't mind giving odds here. UCONN still plays a better brand of basketball than all those teams. It's not about just having studs (which they have some anyway). Yes, no Stewart, but all that means is they won't win 4 in a row. None of those teams scare me. UCONN may not win it all, but I'll take them going in to any game anyway.

They'll take a step down this year, but people forget, the level they were at last year was so far and above the competition, it wasn't even funny.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

You said this after Diana left right? And after Maya too I think. Oh and definitely after Tina and Kaleena and I'm sure it's definitely the end now that Stewie is gone. WOW and to think I thought the end was way back after Rebecca left. This has got to be it, for sure, the end of titles. I mean why would UCONN win more titles? Its not like they have a good coach that can muster a team to a championship. That definitely can't happen.

C'mon, man...Let's get real =D

Reaction Score
You said this after Diana left right? And after Maya too I think. Oh and definitely after Tina and Kaleena and I'm sure it's definitely the end now that Stewie is gone. WOW and to think I thought the end was way back after Rebecca left. This has got to be it, for sure, the end of titles. I mean why would UCONN win more titles? Its not like they have a good coach that can muster a team to a championship. That definitely can't happen.

C'mon, man...Let's get real =D
Right...lol Head bang

Uconn will definitely be UCONN...the coaching staff as well as our great players will find a way to stay afloat! Haters continue to do your job...just gives UCONN more reason to play with a chip on their shoulders!
#UCONNvsALL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very, very sour grape.
Sour grapes lol. Not at all. I have a right to my opinion.I think U Conn will still be a top 4 team and make the Final Four. I just think they lost to much. If Tuck stayed id think they would probably win it again. I just think U Conn has made a killing by having bigs that can score inside and stretch the floor by being able to shoot from outside. I think this is the weakest they have been up front that i can remember and iv been watching women's basketball for a long time. I think the sour grapes is the U Conn fans that dont like hearing they wont win it all by a fan of another team on their board. And i respect how their fans defend their team. Thats how it should be. Many of their fans feel the same way. If they win it all i will take my lumps and admit i was wrong right her on this board.. Im not being disrespectful. I think their the most dominate team in the history of sports including UCLA mens teams. I admire their coach and what they have accomplished and even the passion their fans have. I just think those 3 teams are a little better. Im not a bias N.D. fan. I actually think Baylor and South Carolina have a better shot. The Irish choke in big games . Their the Buffalo Bills of women's basketball but they will always be my team and im proud of what they have accomplished.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sour grapes lol. Not at all. I have a right to my opinion.I think U Conn will still be a top 4 team and make the Final Four. I just think they lost to much. If Tuck stayed id think they would probably win it again. I just think U Conn has made a killing by having bigs that can score inside and stretch the floor by being able to shoot from outside. I think this is the weakest they have been up front that i can remember and iv been watching women's basketball for a long time. I think the sour grapes is the U Conn fans that dont like hearing they wont win it all by a fan of another team on their board. And i respect how their fans defend their team. Thats how it should be. Many of their fans feel the same way. If they win it all i will take my lumps and admit i was wrong right her on this board.. Im not being disrespectful. I think their the most dominate team in the history of sports including UCLA mens teams. I admire their coach and what they have accomplished and even the passion their fans have. I just think those 3 teams are a little better. Im not a bias N.D. fan. I actually think Baylor and South Carolina have a better shot. The Irish choke in big games . Their the Buffalo Bills of women's basketball but they will always be my team and im proud of what they have accomplished.
Here's 1 UCONN fan who applauds your willingness to offer your opinion. I believe the Huskies will be stronger in the front court than you suggest, but agree that they aren't the favorites this year.

Reaction Score
Lol WNCAA is now once again anyones year like ever other. So with that being said, any team can win it Uconn L'ville Maryland Syracuse even a small team like Sacred Heart but my bet Uconn will be in the final four Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom