USF WBB '16-'17 Season | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USF WBB '16-'17 Season

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
USF just finished beating Stetson, 74-60. It was a close game until USF gained some distance in the 3rd quarter. Their 3-point shooting was downright miserable (4 of 24), and USF relies so heavily on the long ball.

Also, I see that Ferreira didn't play in this game. I can only assume that her foot injury is still plaguing her.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF just finished beating Stetson, 74-60. It was a close game until USF gained some distance in the 3rd quarter. Their 3-point shooting was downright miserable (4 of 24), and USF relies so heavily on the long ball.

Also, I see that Ferreira didn't play in this game. I can only assume that her foot injury is still plaguing her.

Yes, Laura wasn't dressed for the game and was wearing a boot on her foot. I don't know if or when she will be able to play.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
  1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 3h3 hours ago
    Another week, another honor roll selection for Maria Jespersen. #consistent #United

C1Lr_vLWgAAd8j6.jpg

2. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 3h3 hours ago
    Tamara Henshaw is the @American_WBB Freshman of the Week!! #United

C1LrxIZWEAA0f4X.jpg

USF next plays @Tulane on 1/4. It will certainly be a challenge. I expect a very close game. Hopefully, we come out on the correct side.

Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan. Didn't Laura have the same injury last year. I seem to remember at the UConn game in Tampa last year that she was just coming back from an injury. Yes, I was at the game. I have season tickets.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan. Didn't Laura have the same injury last year. I seem to remember at the UConn game in Tampa last year that she was just coming back from an injury. Yes, I was at the game. I have season tickets.

Yes it is the same injury.

She missed some early games because of it, this season. She then started playing limited minutes.

Apparently, another player, freshman D. Nagy, who has been contributing, sat out last game as well because of a similar condition.

I don't know if either will play @Tulane tomorrow.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Looks like Laura won't play at Tulane tonight, based on this picture from practice there.

1. C1R29nzUAAApz0I.jpg

Plebe

Reaction Score
Important road win @Tulane for USF.

Final score: USF 62 Tulane 53.

Laura F did not play.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB now
FINAL | USF defeats Tulane 62-53 in New Orleans. The Bulls improve to 12-1, 1-0 @American_WBB. #United

This is actually a big win for USF: currently their only top-50 win (although the RPI is still highly volatile).

Last edited:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
This is actually a big win for USF. Currently their only top-50 win (although the RPI is still highly volatile).

Yes.

Too bad we stumbled out of the gate at the Play4Kay tourney. That would have allowed us to play Oklahoma State and possibly Oregon State.

So, aside from UCONN and the home game with Louisville, it is imperative that we sweep the season series against Tulane and Temple.

We can't afford any "bad" losses, or we will likely end up on the bubble.

Our current RPI is #25.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yes.

Too bad we stumbled out of the gate at the Play4Kay tourney. That would have allowed us to play Oklahoma State and possibly Oregon State.

So, aside from UCONN and the home game with Louisville, it is imperative that we sweep the season series against Tulane and Temple.

We can't afford any "bad" losses, or we will likely end up on the bubble.

Our current RPI is #25.

A win over Louisville would do wonders for USF's resume. Playing at home, they have a decent shot. But that game is followed immediately by road games at a much-improved SMU and at Temple. That's a tough three-game stretch.

Failing the upset win over Louisville, I'd say they need to win 3 out of the 4 games vs. Tulane and Temple—AND they really need both Tulane and Temple to end up in the RPI top 50. Tonight's win at Tulane was a big help.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
A win over Louisville would do wonders for USF's resume. Playing at home, they have a decent shot. But that game is followed immediately by road games at a much-improved SMU and at Temple. That's a tough three-game stretch.

Failing the upset win over Louisville, I'd say they need to win 3 out of the 4 games vs. Tulane and Temple—AND they really need both Tulane and Temple to end up in the RPI top 50. Tonight's win at Tulane was a big help.

I'm sure our players have had the UL game penciled in from the start of the season as a MUST win.

I'm just hoping that we get our injured players completely healthy by that time.

According to Massey, UL is only a 3 point favorite, so that's not too big a hill to climb.

Massey Ratings - South Florida Bulls

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Back In Tampa practicing for the Tulsa game on Saturday.

Based on this picture, Laura F will not be playing against them. She is not suited up and still wearing a boot on her left foot. No doubt, we would love having her play @UConn on 1/10. I doubt that she will be healthy enough by then to compete.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 5h5 hours ago
Land in Tampa at Noon, on the court at 2. Let the grind begin. #United #UniendoLosToros

C1bknY8WQAAgQbE.jpg

Reaction Score
  1. We're off to play UConn. Only 1 other team in the country has faced the Huskies 6x in the past 2 yrs. You won't want to miss it. #United

C1sVOmHWQAAWKZ2.jpg
Laura Ferreira won't be playing @Uconn.

It appears that her injury will prevent her from playing for the rest of the year.

Should have red shirted here.....I assume it's too late to do that now....

Plebe

Reaction Score
Should have red shirted here.....I assume it's too late to do that now....

You're talking about Ferreira? Why would it be too late? As long as she hasn't exceeded the maximum allowable percentage of games played and doesn't play beyond a certain date, she can get a medical hardship waiver (aka medical redshirt).

Reaction Score
You're talking about Ferreira? Why would it be too late? As long as she hasn't exceeded the maximum allowable percentage of games played and doesn't play beyond a certain date, she can get a medical hardship waiver (aka medical redshirt).

Not sure but she may have played in a few games.......don'really remember the rules on red shirting on number of games/minutes played before you are ineligible to red shirt

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not sure but she may have played in a few games..don'really remember the rules on red shirting on number of games/minutes played before you are ineligible to red shirt

My understanding of the rules: the player must not have played in more than 30% of the games, and none past the midway point of the season.

USF's stat sheet indicates that Ferreira has played in 9 games. That is probably right at the 30% threshold (9 would be 30% of 30 "competition dates"). She and her coaching staff have probably made the decision to pull the plug on this season, at least for now, in the hopes of getting a hardship waiver.

Last edited:

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Not sure but she may have played in a few games..don'really remember the rules on red shirting on number of games/minutes played before you are ineligible to red shirt

I'm not medically qualified. However, I've heard from people who are that her condition is not curable and that more time off will not help much.

I believe she has played in nine games. That likely is too many to get a medical red shirt, but I don't really know.

The strange thing is that sometimes she has been able to play limited minutes without any apparent discomfort.

But, she recently started wearing a boot on her left foot. Evidently, she is not ready to play. Our coach said the other day that he does not expect her to play again. She has surprised him before. So, perhaps she will again.

Reaction Score
I'm not medically qualified. However, I've heard from people who are that her condition is not curable and that more time off will not help much.

But, she recently started wearing a boot on her left foot. Evidently, she is not ready to play. Our coach said the other day that he does not expect her to play again. She has surprised him before. So, perhaps she will again.

That's really a shame.......there aren't too many medical issues that they can't fix there days

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom