USF WBB '16-'17 Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USF WBB '16-'17 Season

Reaction Score
USF is now 5-0.

Three USF players with 20+points.

USF made 16 of 31 treys!

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 17m17 minutes agoTampa, FL
FINAL | Wow. Bulls win by 50. Yes. 50 points. USF downs FIU 91-41 and improves to 5-0 this season. #United #Statement

CyjdRjqWQAI-tBj.jpg
Great win for the Bulls, and the AAC!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
USF is 6-0.

It wasn't pretty.

We got off to a very slow start on the road and trailed 1-10.

Final score: USF 74 Butler 59.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 2m2 minutes ago
BULLS WIN!!! A 74-59 win at Butler!!! #BullsUnite
Now it sounds like you are supporting a serious team! :)
When fans start complaining about style points it indicates the final score is already assumed and the quality of play has become the important evaluation. Go BULLS! :cool:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
USF is 6-0.

It wasn't pretty.

We got off to a very slow start on the road and trailed 1-10.

Final score: USF 74 Butler 59.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 2m2 minutes ago
BULLS WIN!!! A 74-59 win at Butler!!! #BullsUnite

USF had some struggles last year playing on the road, and I was nervous for them when I saw that slow start. Butler, based on its performance so far this season (losses to some extremely beatable teams), shouldn't have been making this so interesting. But what matters is they recovered. Good win in the end.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I realize that it is still relatively early in the season and USF has not been tested under fire against any ranked teams.

However, I would be interested in reading comments made by UCONN fans on what, if any, thoughts they have about our current USF team, up to this point, and whether they are different from what they had anticipated prior to the season.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I know that UCONN WBB will have a reality TV show airing soon.

I was surprised to read on twitter today that USF WBB will also be doing a TV series starting in January.

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 5h5 hours agoTampa, FL
Exciting morning for our team. Shooting interviews for our TV series -Run With The Bulls- Our first episode airs in January! #StayTuned
1f4fa.png

CzE_vpmVQAACNj6.jpg

The player in the above picture is freshman Tamara Henshaw. She has already made a significant impact playing under the basket by rebounding well and providing additional scoring.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Cool - do you know who is producing your series?
Jose and the USF admin have done a really good job building the program - this kind of publicity is great for expanding the local market. The involvement by our local PBS station early on - broadcasting games and then expanding into a coaches show and specials about the program was huge in building the team into a statewide treasure.
They also broke new ground nationally - no PBS station had ever tried it, and it became their biggest grossing fundraising platform and the envy of the rest of the country's stations.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Cool - do you know who is producing your series?
Jose and the USF admin have done a really good job building the program - this kind of publicity is great for expanding the local market. The involvement by our local PBS station early on - broadcasting games and then expanding into a coaches show and specials about the program was huge in building the team into a statewide treasure.
They also broke new ground nationally - no PBS station had ever tried it, and it became their biggest grossing fundraising platform and the envy of the rest of the country's stations.

At this time, I know nothing else about the show. I have not found any related articles.

It could be produced by WUSF which is our local PBS station.

When I learn more, I'll post it here.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Shows how little I know.

The series began last year and I never saw it.

I'll go back and watch some of those episodes.

USF BASKETBALL: RUN WITH THE BULLS
January 07, 2016
By USF

The first-of-its-kind program will combine behind-the-scenes access and stunning cinematography covering both Coach Orlando Antigua’s men’s program and Coach Jose Fernandez’s women’s program in one 30-minute show that will give fans an exciting look at each team’s journey through the 2015-16 season.

Produced by the 20-time Emmy Award winning creators of the highly successful USF Football: New Era On The Bay program, the USF basketball show will air six new episodes January through March that will see multiple airings on Bright House Sports Network, FOX Sports Sun and WFDB TV (Blab TV).

Read more at: USF Basketball: Run With The Bulls

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 20h20 hours ago
FINALLY back in action Sunday at Arkansas State. #United

CzP64E9XcAAY6E6.jpg

I believe the player in the above photo is freshman D Nagy from Hungary. She was our highest rated (5-star) member of this class. She has been playing about 12 mpg, but still adjusting to the US college game. She could become more of a factor as the season progresses.

We may get a chance to see JUCO AA PG N. DeJesus for the first time in this game, following knee surgery.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Another rough start on the road.

Lots of home cooking by the refs.

UF beat them there by 11 points.

We won by 19.

FINAL | USF rolls past Arkansas State 78-59 to remain perfect. Bulls improve to 7-0. NEXT USF returns to Tampa 12/14.

CzbSdIWUUAA5btS.jpg

0 replies12 retweets27 likes

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Got to stop messing around at the start of games - it will kill you against a better team.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Got to stop messing around at the start of games - it will kill you against a better team.

I think we need to start freshman Tamara Henshaw in the post.

Senior K.Weber has been starting, so far this season. However Tamara, has been playing many more mpg.

Henshaw is a much better all around post player, both on defense and offense.

When she comes in, we usually get rolling.

Tonight for example, she was the game leading rebounder with 10 and also scored 8 points off the bench.

South Florida vs. Arkansas State - Box Score - December 11, 2016 - ESPN

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Holy mackerel. USF just scored 101 in the first 3 quarters on St. Francis of PA.

That's gotta be some kind of record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom