USF WBB '16-'17 Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USF WBB '16-'17 Season

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kitija Laksa, last year's AAC FOY, had 34 points (6-of-10 from 3) in the win over UNC, and I believe I heard the commentators say she was in the 30s again in this game (box score not yet posted online).

Ariadna Pujol scored 26 against UNC and I heard them say she also got 20+ in this game as well: a much-needed second scoring threat for USF.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Kitija Laksa, last year's AAC FOY, had 34 points (6-of-10 from 3) in the win over UNC, and I believe I heard the commentators say she was in the 30s again in this game (box score not yet posted online).

Ariadna Pujol scored 26 against UNC and I heard them say she also got 20+ in this game as well: a much-needed second scoring threat for USF.

I know it is early in the season and RPI is not all that relevant. Still, it's nice to see USF at #3!

2016-2017 Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live - WarrenNolan.com

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Well, it's far from a national championship, but it's a start!

1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 8m8 minutes agoBahamas
    #Champions

CyPCRz8UUAAshD0.jpg

2. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 8m8 minutes agoBahamas
    Kitija Laksa tournament MVP and Ariadna Pujol a tournament AllStar!

CyPCPdqUkAAsYiG.jpg

Hopefully, we also win the Play4Kay tourney in Vegas.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Game story:

BIMINI, BAHAMAS, NOV. 26, 2016 – The University of South Florida women’s basketball team defeated Georgia 81-65 Saturday night to claim the Junkanoo Jam Lucaya Division title. The Bulls remain perfect after a 2-0 week in Bimini, Bahamas.

The Bulls (4-0) were led by sophomore Kitija Laksa (Riga, Latvia) with another 34-point performance. The guard drained eight three-pointers and tied her single-game three-point record, shooting 62-percent (8-for-13) from behind the arc. Laksa was named the Tournament MVP for a tournament best, in both divisions) 68-points.

Senior guard Ariadna Pujol (Mataro, Spain) scored 23 points in her third-consecutive 20-point outing. Pujol shot 77 percent from the floor (10-of-13) and added three rebounds, two assists and a steal. Pujol was named a Tournament All-Star for 49 points in two games.

Junior Laia Flores (Mataro, Spain) joined Laksa in double-figures with a new career high 12-points. The guard dished out eight assists and three rebounds.

Read more at: Bulls Claim Lucaya Division Title

Reaction Score
I have some tkts for USF home games I want to give away Row B at the free throw line seats 11,12,13,14 directly behind visitors bench . Would you have any use for them? I will be attending the UConn game and the Louisville game, but don,t need the rest . I also wanted to give some away to military and girls high school girls players In the area . I am from NY and Naples,Fl

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I have some tkts for USF home games I want to give away Row B at the free throw line seats 11,12,13,14 directly behind visitors bench . Would you have any use for them? I will be attending the UConn game and the Louisville game, but don,t need the rest . I also wanted to give some away to military and girls high school girls players In the area . I am from NY and Naples,Fl

Well, whatever tickets you want to give me, I will make sure that they are used by someone. You can PM me with your telephone number and I will call you to discuss.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Could you explain how to PM you?

Well, I've never done it here, but it seems like if you click on the inbox at the top of this page, you can have a conversation with someone by typing in the screen name of that person.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Could you explain how to PM you?
ok I think I sent you my phone #
The easiest way to PM someone is to click on their name on one of their posts - a box will pop up with some info and options including 'Start a Conversation' - click on that and you transfer to a page with the PM already addressed. This also the spot where you can choose to ignore a poster you dislike or 'follow' a poster you like.

[As you discovered already - you can access conversations in your inbox and start a single or multi-person conversation.]

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hopeful that USF will be ranked this week in at least one of the major polls.

It's still very early in the season to predict whether USF will be selected for the big dance.

Of the six new players on our roster, only one, Tamara Henshaw, has really had an impact and that is mostly on defense and rebounding.

Three of them haven't played at all.

E. Penhadzic will be lost for the season due to an ACL injury.

Another, N. DeJesus is coming off knee surgery and is expected to start playing within a few games.

The last one, S. Leverett is healthy, but for whatever reason our coach has not seen fit to play her.

The other two who have played, J. Bond and D Nagy, have been getting some floor time, but haven't contributed much.

So, we are mainly relying on our returning players to put up points.

Laksa has been amazing averaging 25.3 ppg and Pujo with 19 ppg. Two other players, Jesperson 9.8 ppg and Flores at 9.3 ppg are solid contributers as well.

2016-17 American Women's Basketball - Overall Statistics

L Ferreira, who was expected to be a main contributor, has a chronic foot injury. Despite that, she has been playing limited minutes and has contributed mostly on defense. So, her presence in the lineup will likely be a day to day thing depending on how she feels.

Our schedule, does not provide many opportunities to impress.

The Play4Kay tourney might be one such, depending on who we end up playing.

Aside from UCONN, the only other marquee game on our schedule is Louisville in Tampa on 1/22 .

Beating UL would go a long way in solidifying our resume.

I watched them play South Carolina yesterday. Of course, SoCal (like UCONN) can make even very good teams look bad.

It's long way from now to playing that game and things can change.

Having said that, based on where we both are today, Massey gives USF a 54% chance of beating UL (68-66).

Massey Ratings - South Florida Bulls

Winning THAT game might punch our ticket to the dance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Seems that USF is doing a good job of moving on after graduating their star. I really hope you all can make some more noise for the AAC. Between you and Temple, and a few other programs that seem to be improving, the AAC has the feel of the early years of the BE. I think we have pretty good coaching in the conference and with just a little improvement in recruiting success this could become an interesting conference. Having a couple of teams consistently ranked should help the others with recruiting and attendance as well.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
From now to Dec 19 USF has a weak schedule. So, it wouldn't be that surprising to see USF at 8-0.

The brackets have been posted for the Play4Kay tourney, in Vegas, Dec 19-21.

#26/26 USF opens play against Long Beach State. If we win, we'd likely play Oklahoma State who is currently receiving votes in both polls. A win there and we likely would face #18/24 Oregon State for the championship. So, we will get a chance to improve our resume.

TOURNAMENT BRACKET
kaybracket.png

ALL TIMES ARE PACIFIC

http://kay.bdglobalsports.com/

If USF runs the table there, we would be 11-0 and most likely ranked around #15.

We then have three more games where we should be favorites before playing @Uconn.

So, best case scenario, we could be 14-0 and ranked close to top 10 when we meet. That would be so SWEET! :)

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
#26/26 USF opens play against Long Beach State. If we win, we'd likely play Oklahoma State who is currently receiving votes in both polls. A win there and we likely would face #18/24 Oregon State for the championship. So, we will get a chance to improve our resume.

If USF runs the table there, we would be 11-0 and most likely ranked around #15.

We then have three more games where we should be favorites before playing @Uconn.

So, best case scenario, we could be 14-0 and ranked close to top 10 when we meet. That would be so SWEET! :)

Since USF will have little to no opportunity in the next few weeks to beat any ranked teams, those eager to see USF break into the polls may have a rooting interest in a game that just got underway in College Station (at 11:00 am local time, on "elementary school day," with lots of kiddos in attendance): Texas A&M, currently #25 in the AP poll, is hosting Southern Cal. Game on SEC Network+.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Since USF will have little to no opportunity in the next few weeks to beat any ranked teams, those eager to see USF break into the polls may have a rooting interest in a game that just got underway in College Station (at 11:00 am local time, on "elementary school day," with lots of kiddos in attendance): Texas A&M, currently #25 in the AP poll, is hosting Southern Cal. Game on SEC Network+.

And USC pulls the "upset" (though I honestly don't think A&M should've been ranked in the first place).

Sadie Edwards, formerly of UConn, came off the bench to score 18 for USC, including the go-ahead bucket with 0:40 to go.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
And USC pulls the "upset" (though I honestly don't think A&M should've been ranked in the first place).

Sadie Edwards, formerly of UConn, came off the bench to score 18 for USC, including the go-ahead bucket with 0:40 to go.

Nice.

In the coaches poll they were ranked #25 last week and moved up to #19. So, they might get knocked out of that ranking as well.

USC doesn't appear to be receiving votes in either poll. So, I don't think they will jump over USF, who is #26 in both polls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom