US Open 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

US Open 2023

Reaction Score
Cool, want to caddie for me at the Mid-Am qualifier on August 7th at George Wright? Laughing about your basketball takes will keep me loose. PM if interested.
No but I will play you heads up at anytime for any amount

Reaction Score
I would say scheffler has decent chance tomorrow as well . Rooting for Fowler, but Rory I think wins it. He's played the best, most consistent golf all week. He seems very comfortable with the course. I think Fowler will melt as he has to keep grinding because he does not have the length as the other guys.

Reaction Score
Rickie Fowler quote.. "Sunday is when the tournament starts." Will be an interesting afternoon

Reaction Score
Will Rickie pull off a Corey Pavin today?!
If he keeps hitting fairways.. Wedge game is great.. His putter stays hot.. As good a chance as anyone.. Can make an argument for any of the top five.. Golf is a game of how good your "bad" shots are.. Course conditions and wind will have a big impact on the last groups today.

Reaction Score
And that certainly has carried over the the TV coverage and boring announcers...
Especially awful the last few holes where apparently fans can’t really even get close. I love the difficulty of the back 9, but the lack of fans could really dampen what has a chance to be a really fun last few holes if it stays competitive today.

Reaction Score
Will little Rickie Fowler pull off a Corey Pavin today?!

Ricky is hardly Corey Pavin when he was a Top 10 player he had no issue with distance could hit it out there with the best of them. He’s lost a little in his swing change but length is not the issue, that is what sits on his shoulders. Here’s hoping he keeps it together would be a great story.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A sad Saturday or else Minmentum would have been real.

Reaction Score
Another Major choke job by Rory. Bogies the Par 5 coming home?? This tourney was his to lose and that's what he did.

Disappointing to see Scheffler not challenge. I kinda knew Rickie would wilt. He doesn't have the game to win a Major.

Overall, this was a poor course and setup. Day 1 basically determined who would contend. After that, the course wasn't setup for major runs or swings. The energy was completely lacking.

Reaction Score
Another Major choke job by Rory. Bogies the Par 5 coming home?? This tourney was his to lose and that's what he did.

Disappointing to see Scheffler not challenge. I kinda knew Rickie would wilt. He doesn't have the game to win a Major.

Overall, this was a poor course and setup. Day 1 basically determined who would contend. After that, the course wasn't setup for major runs or swings. The energy was completely lacking.
It is really to sit in front of the tv and say someone choked. The man just lost that US Open by one stroke. You should choke so bad. LOL.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don’t think the US Open will be back there any time soon. US Women's Open, Senior US Open, maybe.

USGA loves the Pacific Time zone because of the prime time hours for Fri-Sun but they are limited onbwhich courses they can use or want to use.

Torrey Pines, Pebble, Olympic Club are all fine. Sorry Chambers Bay but you are literally a dump.

Back to Pinehurst next year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230618-212945_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score

Also, the fairways were way too wide. I believe I read 70 yards wide while the average for a US Open is 45 yards. Obviously led to such low scores for a Us Open.

Reaction Score
Also, the fairways were way too wide. I believe I read 70 yards wide while the average for a US Open is 45 yards. Obviously led to such low scores for a Us Open.

I guess there are just some people whose posts I can’t stand no matter what the sport.

Anyway I was over there for a couple hours today and it was pretty fun but I’m glad it’s over because I live and work in this neighborhood and it’s up my commute.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's a step above "first world problems"?

Reaction Score
I guess there are just some people whose posts I can’t stand no matter what the sport.

Anyway I was over there for a couple hours today and it was pretty fun but I’m glad it’s over because I live and work in this neighborhood and it’s up my commute.
Which house was yours?

Reaction Score
Course is great but a tough walk. Lots of tee boxes and greens off limits. Thankfully I was in a hospitality suite on 12 green and could enjoy some of the best views from there.

Congrats to Wyndham, deserving champ but was pulling for Rory. Gotta make birdies dude. Just like the British last year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom