UConn vs Duke Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

UConn vs Duke Post Game Thread

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hopefully they got rid of all the bricks today! Duke defense was good, but boy was the shooting off.
And the FT shooting. Crystal just looked like she was gutting it out through pain. Geno sat her early, but the offense crawled without her. Nice to hear from you.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Can you believe Holly asked Geno how will it be going up against the Best Player of the Year in A'ja Wilson? Geno was diplomatic in his reply, but I'm sure he was thinking KLS is the POY.

Reaction Score
Can you believe Holly asked Geno how will it be going up against the Best Player of the Year in A'ja Wilson? Geno was diplomatic in his reply, but I'm sure he was thinking KLS is the POY.

She did say 'arguably the best senior in the country' FWIW

Reaction Score
Point guard play needs to improve to beat SC. Half-court offense was very stagnant. I'm not sure if Dangerfield is hurt, but she did nothing to push the action. This is how UConn lost to Miss State - make UConn a flat jump shooting team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

His answer was perfect. You play her like any "good" player. Take away some things and live with others. :)

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
When you shoot 45%... but your fans are used to seeing 50%+ this board gets a little coo coo for coco coco puffs. Lord I hope they make 3 more shots than they did today so they can hit that 50% vs SCar cause otherwise someone will go into cardiac arrest. Although since I will be at the game I doubt I will be on the BY to see all the moaning.

The nature of a chat feature and its ability to allow you to post much quicker (literally what's on your mind in an instant) than a thread will always lead to more negative comments. Just the way it is. I'll steer clear in the future but I am aleast glad I tried it. #bleedblue I will see those of you who are coming at the next game!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The next matchup worries me a bit only because Z really did not play well which I think was a symptom of playing Duke but the same feelings will be involved in going after Wilson. Maybe Geno sees Megan as playing a more significant role if Z stalls a bit and gave her some good minutes

Reaction Score
Highly doubtful he still thinks that with how she’s played lately.

Reaction Score
An adequate performance, not alarming but not particularly encouraging either. It's questionable whether that kind of showing will be good enough against SC, ND, or MSU/Louisville.

I expected more of a scorched-earth campaign this year following the disappointment in last year's Final Four, but we've generally been doing enough to get by. Maybe this team just doesn't have that mean streak.

Our offense overall -- save the fluke of St. Francis -- has not been what it was earlier in the year. A few spurts, but most of these games have been a slog in the half-court.

We'll see if that's good enough. I've been saying for weeks that we need to get Crystal going again, but at this point it's doubtful we're going to get significantly more than we're getting now.

Defense overall was very good, though a bit shaky in the 4th.

Reaction Score
The game along with the thought I've carried and expressed.
We may very well win it all
But it won't all be pretty.

Exactly, I’ve been saying this once it gets down to the sweet 16 every game now will be a dog fight for them, games won’t look pretty lol at the end of the day a win is a win

Reaction Score
Our high point totals were against teams that didn’t take care of the ball and didn’t play zone. Both those factors have led to lower points for us. Not worried, our offense is fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom