UCONN v SU | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UCONN v SU

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Is there a bar that's usually filled with UConn fans? Deciding where to meet up with people before the game.

Reaction Score
Best way to beat the zone is to score before they can set it up. Not saying we can or will. Just saying

This is not the zone of years past. You can beat it in the half court.

How is uconns defense this year?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I predict a close game. Were not ready to blow anyone out yet but i havent seen you guys in awhile.

If you had seen us this year, you wouldn't think your first thought. This UCONN team plays the ugliest brand of basketball I've seen in a long while. It's tough to watch.

Unless UCONN suddenly flips some unknown switch somewhere, this won't be close. Maybe it's only a 10pt victory, but I don't think Cuse will feel threatened.

Could be wrong, but I'm just going by what I've seen this year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Just OK. Giving up too many open threes, and guards letting guys get by pretty easily. How both these things occur simultaneously is beyond me.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Is there a bar that's usually filled with UConn fans? Deciding where to meet up with people before the game.
we're going to stout... right near msg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is not the zone of years past. You can beat it in the half court.

Interior is tough but no one rebounds. The days of Boatright and Napier reeking havoc are LONG gone.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Putting the over/under on our number of Turnovers at 10.5.

Reaction Score
If you had seen us this year, you wouldn't think your first thought. This UCONN team plays the ugliest brand of basketball I've seen in a long while. It's tough to watch.

Unless UCONN suddenly flips some unknown switch somewhere, this won't be close. Maybe it's only a 10pt victory, but I don't think Cuse will feel threatened.

Could be wrong, but I'm just going by what I've seen this year.

Well, the injury bug is what it is.

I still think it will be close but were a good 3 pt shooting team so if thats your weakness....

Reaction Score
If Adams and Purvis come to play, it'll be a game. That's a big if.

Purvis has been a mystery. His flaws are well documented, but he hasn't even been close to the player he was at his best last year. Tomorrow would be a good time to show out. The pessimist in me can already picture two or three passes around the perimeter followed by an off-balance three that we have no chance of rebounding. Wisconsin's passing against the zone was not something that we seem equipped to duplicate.

But I'm going to be optimistic: the team knows they've been bad so far. Ollie knows it too. A good week of practice and prep for the zone and they're going to put guys (Vance, Jalen) in positions where they can be effective.

Reaction Score
Purvis has been a mystery. His flaws are well documented, but he hasn't even been close to the player he was at his best last year. Tomorrow would be a good time to show out. The pessimist in me can already picture two or three passes around the perimeter followed by an off-balance three that we have no chance of rebounding. Wisconsin's passing against the zone was not something that we seem equipped to duplicate.

But I'm going to be optimistic: the team knows they've been bad so far. Ollie knows it too. A good week of practice and prep for the zone and they're going to put guys (Vance, Jalen) in positions where they can be effective.

Yeah, you have to think he's due to regress to the mean at some point. Then again, even last year, he was something of a garbage time warrior (I have no stats to support this, but it seems like he does his best work when it's play-out-the-string time). That's not to say he didn't hit some big shots, notably in the tournament, but I can't even remember a time when he came out guns blazing in a big game.

Mystery is probably the best way of putting it. I still don't know if his flaws are psychological or instinctual, but I honestly feel bad that his career has played out the way it has.

By this point, I have no confidence in our ability to execute against any defense. If we win, I think it'll have to be in the 50's...kinda like those eye-bleeders we sometimes pull out against Cincy. It'll have to be Adams and Purvis - mostly Adams - making enough shots to keep the offense from bleeding out.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My predictions:

Adams: 15 pts, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Purvis: 11 pts, 3 assists, 4 rebounds
Jackson: 5pts, 2 rebounds
Facey: 7 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks
Brimah: 9 pts, 5 rebounds, 4 blocks
Enoch: 2 pts, 2 rebounds
Vital: 9 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals
Durham: 0 pts, 1 rebound

We lose 76-58

Well, I was 4/25. 16% accuracy is sadly about the most accurate I've ever been.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
With 16 percent accuracy, you might be the assassin on our team.

Bill-Murray-Laughs-Then-Turns-Sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01