UCONN v SU | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UCONN v SU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We must successfully bore them to death.

Reaction Score
I liked the ball going in to Enoch, he has great hands and knows what to do with it. If he can recognize the double team coming and kick the ball out quicker our guards will get more clean shots. Brimah can't catch the entry pass but he does shot block. Steve has his defensive liabilities but I was encouraged by what i saw.

Enoch has the highest turnover rate on the team.

Reaction Score
I'll preface this by saying I still don't think we are going to win based on how we've looked, especially on Wednesday, but this is not a great Syracuse team. I watched a good chunk of their game against North Florida, and while Cuse shot very well from 3 they are just as poor a rebounding team as us, which is a major problem when you play exclusively zone. Their interior D is not great. I think Adams and company can get to the rim against them. If they can actually finish, we will have a ball game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'll preface this by saying I still don't think we are going to win based on how we've looked, especially on Wednesday, but this is not a great Syracuse team. I watched a good chunk of their game against North Florida, and while Cuse shot very well from 3 they are just as poor a rebounding team as us, which is a major problem when you play exclusively zone. Their interior D is not great. I think Adams and company can get to the rim against them. If they can actually finish, we will have a ball game.

It doesn't matter how good Cuse is we are going to get destroyed because their zone is better than the zone of all the teams we've played to date and we couldn't handle those.

Reaction Score

Now you have me worried we may lose the game against North Florida.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It ain't like the Orange have been world-beaters this season so far either. Game's gonna be close.

Dude, we are really bad this year. And that was before we lost 2 of our top three players.

We have the exact opposite guys to take on the zone. Cuse by 30.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

They have been a poor rebounding team which is why I expect Roberson to have 22 rebounds on Monday.

Reaction Score
SU just made a boatload of 3's after 2 bad games, and we all know how well we defend them. Their guard had 13 assists. All indicators point to disaster but what the hell, we'll play anyway.

Reaction Score
Gents, although viciously attacked before, i said id come back and post thoughts on cuse. Here i go:

-lack chemistry right now. The offensive spacing was terrible. However we just switched our startling lineup and added tyus battle, big athletic guard who can shoot. He had 19 tonight. However it really opened things up. We took out our starting forward robertson who is a great rebounder buts its like playing 4v5 with him on d
-were not a good rebounding team. Typical.
-Our starting center coleman is good around the basket but weak on d. Out backuo center lydon is really a 4
-our defense hasnt been as great as years past. If you guys have a guy who can shoot and pass out of the high post, he will kill us. Were weaking guarding this position even moreso this year
-andrew white can reallly shoot it well
-our starting pg is a work in progress but lots of potential
-were still waiting for tyler lydon to break out. Hes a very good shooter though but wish he had more of an offensive repetoire

I know not a lot good to say but this team has a lot of good parts, just havent put them together yet and it may take some time. My personal opinion is the team is a bit soft and lacks a strong leader. No alpha dogs.

Ill be in the house monday. See you all there. Go cuse!

Reaction Score
I predict a close game. Were not ready to blow anyone out yet but i havent seen you guys in awhile.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Best way to beat the zone is to score before they can set it up. Not saying we can or will. Just saying

Reaction Score
Hey everyone, I have 5 seats available for purchase in section 212, row 2 seats 15-19. Selling for $60 each. Any takers??

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My predictions:

Adams: 15 pts, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Purvis: 11 pts, 3 assists, 4 rebounds
Jackson: 5pts, 2 rebounds
Facey: 7 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks
Brimah: 9 pts, 5 rebounds, 4 blocks
Enoch: 2 pts, 2 rebounds
Vital: 9 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals
Durham: 0 pts, 1 rebound

We lose 76-58

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In a shocker....the shots fall and UConn wins by 2. I just think these guys are overdue for a good shooting game. Jackson should be a good zone buster.

Reaction Score
In a shocker....the shots fall and UConn wins by 2. I just think these guys are overdue for a good shooting game. Jackson should be a good zone buster.
It's funny but your numbers actually seem reasonable but we only score 58. Purvis can't be an 11 point scorer for us, we need 18. Also Enoch at 2 is unacceptable as a sophomore. If that's what he will be then doom. same for Jackson at 5 points. We can't be competitive at those numbers. Also I would say that Jalen scoring 25 is not the best thing that can happen if it's the only scoring. We have our excuse, injuries, will we accept that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom