UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
We will over-rely on D until it breaks from being on the field all day, then scratch our heads wondering why tackles are being missed, and we can’t chase down QBs and lose cover. This will be preceded by our Offensive Clustinator:

running and rolling over on every 3rd and long,
passing laterally 20 times,
running laterally 20 times,
running the same QB play action run option 10 times
1 pass to a TE because he forgot we have them
3 passes beyond 20 yards
1 I’ll timed and unnecessary gadget play

My guess is the offensive game plan will look much different vs. FIU. It has to. I'm sure Mora has given Charlton much "tough love" outside the public eye about the horrid play calling over the past few days. The stats make it glaringly obvious his job depends on adapting and changing...ASAP.

Reaction Score

-> “Ta’Quan came in and he absolutely gave us a spark,” Mora said.

Later, he added, “I love the energy he brings, the passion he plays with, the intensity that he plays with. I think you see it in the way he moves around out there. I think he’s commanding... has tremendous arm strength [and] the ability to keep plays alive.” <-

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I really appreciate his candor. And his accountability.

And...I always learn something from him. How he explained the 26 yrd QB run on third down was interesting.

Reaction Score
They didn't give them enough rest or light days. Thus they came out flat without much pop. In hockey it is called jump.
That is not what he said. He was referring to the coaches spending the time overthinking the plan and that it is something that is an error that coaches can do sometimes when they have extra days to scheme.

Reaction Score
That is not what he said. He was referring to the coaches spending the time overthinking the plan and that it is something that is an error that coaches can do sometimes when they have extra days to scheme.
I’m not sure how much overthinking went into “run the ball down the middle and throw a bubble screen every fifth play” but I’ll take his word for it lol.

Reaction Score
Coaches overthinking the plan. Sorry, not buying that is actually what was meant. Have you ever coached any sport at any level? Coaches overthinking a plan sounds totally bizarre. Unless they drilled on sophisticated nuanced things rather than just using KISS and giving them a light day. Did you happen to see anything the Huskies were doing that fell into that category? Because no one has remarked upon it to date if they were.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Might see 10,000 people actually attend this game. Might.
1694550297382.png

I think more than 10,000, but weather is definitely going to have an impact.

Reaction Score
Coaches overthinking the plan. Sorry, not buying that is actually what was meant. Have you ever coached any sport at any level? Coaches overthinking a plan sounds totally bizarre. Unless they drilled on sophisticated nuanced things rather than just using KISS and giving them a light day. Did you happen to see anything the Huskies were doing that fell into that category? Because no one has remarked upon it to date if they were.
Jim Mora said specifically this is what happened in his press conference. He said it happens to coaches all the time when they have too much time to prepare. I am just relaying what he said.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how much overthinking went into “run the ball down the middle and throw a bubble screen every fifth play” but I’ll take his word for it lol.
They decided to have a pocket passer turn into the Army QB and purposely have him run it almost every play against a team that gave up 400 yards in the air a week before to an FCS team. Something happened their where they drastically switched up their entire offense to do that. Jim Mora said that they intended him to run all those times and I am not sure how far they had to get into a rabbit hole to think that having your non-running QB run the ball intentionally every play is a good idea against a team that just got lit up through the air by an FCS team.

Reaction Score

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when he really talked to the team about how disrespectful GA State was returning the KO from 6 yards in the endzone... That set the tone for us right there... I hope he layed into them...

Reaction Score
View attachment 91409

I think more than 10,000, but weather is definitely going to have an impact.
you are looking at September 23rd :) weather outlook this weekend looks generally fine. Low 70s, cloudy with gusts of wind. Obviously the hurricane could still change paths, but most simulations have it going east enough where we won't get much precipitation at the Rent, thankfully.

Reaction Score
In the Press Conference he basically said the extra prep time for the two games gave the coaches time to essentially get overly "cute" and come up with some master schemes that look great on paper, but in reality they are just the product of overthinking it and putting the team and players in a bad position.
This seems to be Charltons calling card at this point.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how much overthinking went into “run the ball down the middle and throw a bubble screen every fifth play” but I’ll take his word for it lol.c
We’ll see moving down the road, but seemingly a lesson learned (staff/player capabilities):

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom