UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
It does seem odd. I looked at FIUs last game and they put up over 500 yards of offense against north Texas in a win.

I get what BL is saying, but how does a team that scored 14 points in each of the last two games end up a 10 point favorite? Maybe win 14-3? Lol.

Anyway...I would imagine the line will shrink. UConn could win by 10 plus, but it still seems like a big number.
We will over-rely on D until it breaks from being on the field all day, then scratch our heads wondering why tackles are being missed, and we can’t chase down QBs and lose cover. This will be preceded by our Offensive Clustinator:

running and rolling over on every 3rd and long,
passing laterally 20 times,
running laterally 20 times,
running the same QB play action run option 10 times
1 pass to a TE because he forgot we have them
3 passes beyond 20 yards
1 I’ll timed and unnecessary gadget play

Reaction Score
TV is CBSSN. You had me worried there for a sec.
Me too.

I'm digging the radio silence.
We already know what's up with our team.
In fact, I'd be OK with radio silence the rest of the season.

Let's just walk the walk at this point.

Reaction Score
Coaches did too much with the prep time…

What does this mean? I find this comment odd.
Not clear, but I've heard other coaches say they made things too complicated for their players. That would be my assumption.
In the Press Conference he basically said the extra prep time for the two games gave the coaches time to essentially get overly "cute" and come up with some master schemes that look great on paper, but in reality they are just the product of overthinking it and putting the team and players in a bad position.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My 'reading between the lines' take:

Regarding using the extra prep time = "Charlton fell in love with a lot of stupid ideas and I let him sell those to me."

Regarding harping on putting players in position to succeed = "Our offensive line is best when blowing open holes to go N/S, not all this E/W crap."

Regarding JF's injury: "It's a blessing in disguise."

Also want to say, I'm actually impressed at Mora's candor here. I think he handles the press and gives good answers better than any coach we've had this century.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom