UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

UConn v. Florida International Panthers @ Rentschler Field (Saturday 9/16/23 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because gamblers, and thus oddsmakers, are better than the Boneyard at understanding that occasionally teams play way above or below their mean and while you can't ignore it, you don't overreact to it either?

I am assuming we will need to be able to score to win.

We haven’t proven we can get to the Red Zone in non garbage time yet.

The offense is beyond putrid.

Reaction Score

I'm not defending our play to date. There is no excuse for it. However, with returning starters at QB, TE and WR pushed to the bench, and 4 of 5 OL on a unit that performed, I'm just pointing out that rationally there is no reason to think our offense shouldn't be at least better than last year's. If we play Saturday like we played the other night, expect Vegas to change their minds somewhat. But for one awful game, Vegas apparently is of the "stuff happens" mindset.

Reaction Score
I'm not defending our play to date. There is no excuse for it. However, with returning starters at QB, TE and WR pushed to the bench, and 4 of 5 OL on a unit that performed, I'm just pointing out that rationally there is no reason to think our offense shouldn't be at least better than last year's. If we play Saturday like we played the other night, expect Vegas to change their minds somewhat. But for one awful game, Vegas apparently is of the "stuff happens" mindset.

Precisely. As a Giants fan, the sky has fallen. But they're -4.5 to Zona next week, not magically dogs after getting dismantled by the Cowboys.

Reaction Score

We have yet to see evidence supporting that theory.

Plus the guys that came in to replace what we lost aren’t an improvement but actually worse.

Reaction Score

Being a 10 point favorite and the game total at 46 They figure the Huskies will score 28 points

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I have no idea why we are favored. Particularly by 10.
It does seem odd. I looked at FIUs last game and they put up over 500 yards of offense against north Texas in a win.

I get what BL is saying, but how does a team that scored 14 points in each of the last two games end up a 10 point favorite? Maybe win 14-3? Lol.

Anyway...I would imagine the line will shrink. UConn could win by 10 plus, but it still seems like a big number.

Reaction Score
It does seem odd. I looked at FIUs last game and they put up over 500 yards of offense against north Texas in a win.

I get what BL is saying, but how does a team that scored 14 points in each of the last two games end up a 10 point favorite? Maybe win 14-3? Lol.

Anyway...I would imagine the line will shrink. UConn could win by 10 plus, but it still seems like a big number.

Yup it does not compute.

Reaction Score
We have yet to see evidence supporting that theory.

Plus the guys that came in to replace what we lost aren’t an improvement but actually worse.
O.K., you're right and I'm wrong. Which means you're right and the Vegas consensus is wrong.

We both know that's possible. Goodness knows Saturday shook my confidence. But let's be honest -- the smart money is not on Vegas overrating us.

Reaction Score
O.K., you're right and I'm wrong. Which means you're right and the Vegas consensus is wrong.

We both know that's possible. Goodness knows Saturday shook my confidence. But let's be honest -- the smart money is not on Vegas overrating us.

Vegas was wrong about the Huskies 9 out of 12 times last season.

Reaction Score
Last game I said I thought UConn should pound it on the ground until GAST packed the box. Then make them pay up top.

From the get-go GAST did exactly that. Starting on the second series UConn should have been slinging it around the field. But I guess Charlton didn't read my post. ;)

But seriously, first down, second possession, they shoulda thrown long.

Reaction Score
Vegas was wrong about the Huskies 9 out of 12 times last season.
Think I will go with the Vegas line rather than those who think we have no chance to win and should be getting 10 instead of giving 10. Vegas does not react like many do to one bad game and all of the sudden change the line by 20 points…..and as you see the Athletic rankings dropped is from 86 to 94….again not an over-reaction to one game.

Vegas knows we have a new QB, knows we are playing at home, knows we have Mora as a coach, and sees that we were very competitive against a good NC State team and saw that, take away the Rosa penalty, could have won that game.

So all that goes into the evaluation…not we stink and won’t win another game like I have heard from many who know alot less than Vegas.

Reaction Score
Before the season, I thought there was a decent chance we'd be 3-0 after this week. Now looking like 0-3. If we lose to FIU, any possible hope for the program will be lost by the masses (again)

Reaction Score
Because gamblers, and thus oddsmakers, are better than the Boneyard at understanding that occasionally teams play way above or below their mean and while you can't ignore it, you don't overreact to it either?
I agree. Having hard time not over reacting to the GS game. Two games where opponent QB running is like a novelty that we can't get our minds around, offensive scheme where we tell other teams exactly what we are going to run so they can be prepared at point of attack.
I go from 8-0 going into Tennessee to hope Sacred Heart is a win.

Reaction Score
Think I will go with the Vegas line rather than those who think we have no chance to win and should be getting 10 instead of giving 10. Vegas does not react like many do to one bad game and all of the sudden change the line by 20 points…..and as you see the Athletic rankings dropped is from 86 to 94….again not an over-reaction to one game.

Vegas knows we have a new QB, knows we are playing at home, knows we have Mora as a coach, and sees that we were very competitive against a good NC State team and saw that, take away the Rosa penalty, could have won that game.

So all that goes into the evaluation…not we stink and won’t win another game like I have heard from many who know alot less than Vegas.

Rational. But we didn’t move the football at home either.

Their RB rushed for over 200 yards and they scored 45.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I trust the Vegas line more than any Yarder. When I saw that we were underdogs at G State, I was surprised and thought "uh-oh".

Reaction Score
I trust the Vegas line more than any Yarder. When I saw that we were underdogs at G State, I was surprised and thought "uh-oh".

Vegas was wrong in Atlanta too. And wrong 9 out of 12 times last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom